Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bokeh challenge is being judged by Chris Bray - I'm sure he won't mind if you do it during the day for a different effect. He is going to be looking at hundreds of entries so having something a little different to everyone else might be good...

I think it's easier to do bokeh at night which is why they recommend it but he did say it's experimental so I'm guessing the idea is that you play around with it.

cant wait for dark, I've set up my bokeh shot. It looks funny cause I dont have a tripod so my camera is sitting on a box which is on top of a stool. I've already focussed it, I just have to hope the whippets dont knock it in the meantime.

Oh I so hope this works. It looks good in my head, whether or not it will in real life remains to be seen.

The bokeh challenge is being judged by Chris Bray - I'm sure he won't mind if you do it during the day for a different effect. He is going to be looking at hundreds of entries so having something a little different to everyone else might be good...

I think it's easier to do bokeh at night which is why they recommend it but he did say it's experimental so I'm guessing the idea is that you play around with it.

I've been mucking around with it in daylight too. It's a pretty effect with light glinting throught the leaves.

okay cool! I think I prefer the day time than night time for taking pics :offtopic:

cant wait for dark, I've set up my bokeh shot. It looks funny cause I dont have a tripod so my camera is sitting on a box which is on top of a stool. I've already focussed it, I just have to hope the whippets dont knock it in the meantime.

Oh I so hope this works. It looks good in my head, whether or not it will in real life remains to be seen.

good luck! I hope it works out how you picture it! :rolleyes:

dismal failure :offtopic: I have to come up with something else.

oh that's no good! I hate it when that happens, and it happens all too often. I have a little bit of a fantastical idea with the paint and I suspect that will just be a dismal failure as well, not gonna stop me from trying though hehehe

terra - I've just been writing ideas down, but I really need to stop and take time to try some of them out 'cause, as above, they most likely won't look like I expect them to :rolleyes:

Has anyone taken any photos yet???? The one I put on here is the only thing I have taken. I am feeling very overwhelmed about it atm. :)

I get ideas, but find it hard to put into practice. So have photographed nothing. I really need to get my but into gear. :D

Is anyone else struggling????

Has anyone taken any photos yet???? The one I put on here is the only thing I have taken. I am feeling very overwhelmed about it atm. :)

I get ideas, but find it hard to put into practice. So have photographed nothing. I really need to get my but into gear. :D

Is anyone else struggling????

Yep, I had great plans for one shot that looked great in my head but putting in into practice was impossible, even though I didn't imagine it would be that hard.

Maybe we're taking it too seriously, it's supposed to be fun.

I know!

I got the email that uploading has now started :rofl:

It might be worth going and having a look and seeing what others are doing, or have a look at the flickr group - they may be able to help with ideas

canonphoto5 flickr group

I have ideas, not brilliant but ideas just the same. Today is the first day the weather has co-operated enough to be able to really give them a real go! But, we'll see :D