Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love everyone's bokeh! Great ideas, I've still not come up with anything particularly interesting for that yet.

Kirislin - I don't know why you don't submit one of yours, they are both great :rofl:

becandcharch - love that idea, I was thinking "first kiss"!

ravyk - I reckon your first bokeh is cool!

Okay, I spent way too much time on the portrait

I went from

"The Mad Scientist"

3961890387_7361a656d0.jpg

to

"no one was sure why Hugo turned up to the party dressed up like a dog"

3968144545_a5aebedba2.jpg

to a game of Dogopoly

4031133249_d388ea516c.jpg

to a shared game of Dogopoly

4021217171_2de3734f4c.jpg

to land on

"the serious gamer"

4036176410_18c5fcaf45.jpg

with a lot of variety within each

I am so glad I've got past this! I think Chester might be too :rofl:

LOVE the first two!! [sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear as they're your first ones :laugh:]

no, I really like the first 2 too, but I've seen a fair few dog portraits that I really wanted to make the shot stand out ... plus you have no idea how much work I put into the shot I submitted.

Truth be told, I must not be a very good photographer, it was the end result of at least 6 shoots. The first was just the spectacles, then the spectacles with the tie (that I had to buy), with a white background (wall), and with a black background (sheet I had to buy also), then the dalmatian ears (had in the cupboard lol) - also with the black vs white background shoots, then Dogopoly with the wall as background - didn't work, with a white sheet background - didn't work, with Jamie - didn't work, with an ironed white sheet, just Chester, better time of the day for light, vertical, and black & white conversion to cut out all that colour noise from the board = the "serious gamer" :welcome:

I can't believe I still have 3 shots to go, at least 1 of them I'm not taking any more - just have to make a decision. The other 2 have back-ups but I'm not real happy with them so far ...

I'd love to see what others here have been up to ;)

I'm off to buy props so I can do one of my shots tonight. I have had to alter my plans. Casey was originally going to model for me but he's at his dad's house so I need to use Alex... only thing is the size difference.

A little bit sad I don't get to do the photo I wanted to do but will give this new angle with Alex a bit of a try. Got to be in it, to win it :cry:

nope, I only had one problem uploading, I repeated and it worked the 2nd time ... maybe there's a lot of traffic stuffing things up?

I couldn't find an answer in faq, but maybe flick them an email if you continue to have problems?

edit: there are some other people experiencing this (ex flickr group), looks like sometimes it fixes itself and works, you can't go wrong by flicking them an email though :)

Edited by Clicking Mad