Molly Has Cancer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninoid12, I'm so, so sorry that it turned out to be cancer with Molly and while we have never met I am bawling as well as I know how you must be feeling, having to say goodbye to your beloved furkid of so many years. Molly was so blessed to find an owner to love her so much and give he so many wonderful years of love, fun and caring. Even after many years I still shed tears for furkids long gone but they do leave us with many beautiful memories and our lives are all the richer for having shared them with these wonderful four legged friends. Sounds like you two have made lots of wonderful memories together I hope they help you through this dificult time. Sending you and Molly hugs.

Thankyou. I know, i cry when i read about other ppl's dogs (and other pets) too, regardless of whether i know the person or not.

I believe i have chosen the ppl to cremate molly (when the sad time comes). It is the ppl who arent available sun/mon this wk, BUT, when i looked at their photos i found that i was in one! From the Frankston Pets Day Out, when i chatted to them a few years ago. I had my pet ferret in my arms so i guess they liked the idea of that photo. If that isnt a sign, i dont know what is.

Now, i need to work out what happens if i lose her sun/mon :eek: I dont want to keep her at the vets in their chest freezer. It just feels so wrong. I would really like her to be picked up from my house, or mums where i will have her pts if she needs it, in their satin lined pet hearse. Yes, its probably too fancy for molly, but i dont care. They seem to give a damn, and i wont let the past 15yrs be degraded by someone 'throwing' her around!!!!!! :thanks:

Well now I can't see the screen for my tears for you and Molly!

Having been through this with my beloved Tomas,who I nursed 24/7 his last week of life I send you my love and hugs,what small comfort that might be.

I so hope your last days together will give you some closure to what sounds like a wonderful life you have given her,after rescuing.

I wish there were more people out there with hearts as big as yours :thanks:

Hugs :eek:

Tomas.

Edited by tomas

I feel terrible leaving her sleeping on the couch whilst i write here.

But in a way, i need these lovely words to keep strong for her. I really do feel a LITTLE better now.

Im sorry i am making ppl cry. I honestly dont mean to. But it is so sweet that ppl care. And i hope that i can help you all out one day, with any problems or support.

*hugs*

btw, i took lots of photos on my digital camera today at the park. Some next to an old tree on some tanbark. others in the green grass. I will work out how to connect the new camera onto the computer and upload them sometime.

Oh gosh :(. I was so hoping for you that this would be 'nothing'.

No words will erase what you are feeling nor ease what you are facing at the moment. I am only pleased that by the sounds Molly has lived a healthy, happy and full life (at least since her adoption by you) right up to the end of her time on this earth with us and that's something any of us would be grateful for.

Take care Ninoid12 and know there are all of us who either know what you are going through or know that we will too sometime unfortunately and sadly have to address the same moment in time as you are, at some stage ..... and that therefore we are all behind you in support and in empathy.

Bless for Molly and yourself.

Erny

Edited by Erny

So very sorry to hear of Molly's diagnosis.

It is something we never wnat to hear.

It sounds like you have had a fantastic life together, so much fun and love.

Now you have the ability to be able to give her the greatest gift you can. A peaceful passing with you holding her close.

As Erny has already said, we have all been through something similar before so we can empathise with the hearbreak you are and will feel. It is normal to feel guilty, but please don't. You have given her the best life she could of had and you are putting her first in all of your decisions now. Take peace from that.

I am crying for what you are going through. Hugs from us all

Molly threw up last night, the little that she ate in the evening. She has also been drinking more than usual. She has piddled a big one this morning on her bed. And is drooling.

i am stressed. To the max. I think its time, but the ONE and ONLY vet i want her to go to sleep with is closed sun. And im trying to work out if its cruel to keep her going until the morning. She wags her tail when i jump around like an idiot. But her eyes are saying she is tired. I am a mess. I want her to go in mums yard with HER vet. I dont want her going in a normal vet room. Its not right for her.

:eek:

BTW, if anyone knows ANY way of getting a private phone number of a vet (i know i shouldnt, but i promise you he'd understand and do it happily if he knew what was happening) then PLEASE pm me. His name is John the Vet, bentleigh vic. I have googled and cant even find his bloody surname to white pages (though im sure he has a private number, most vets/drs etc would)

God, i just dont know. :(

This sux.

Oh no. :(

Is it possible that you can take her to a different vet today who may be able to give her something to make her more comfortable until tomorrow morning? Do you think she is in pain or is having any difficulty breathing? It's so hard Ninoid I know. :eek:

ETA - when you ring your normal vet does his voicemail offer an after hours emergency number?

Edited by moosepup

Molly threw up last night, the little that she ate in the evening. She has also been drinking more than usual. She has piddled a big one this morning on her bed. And is drooling.

i am stressed. To the max. I think its time, but the ONE and ONLY vet i want her to go to sleep with is closed sun. And im trying to work out if its cruel to keep her going until the morning. She wags her tail when i jump around like an idiot. But her eyes are saying she is tired. I am a mess. I want her to go in mums yard with HER vet. I dont want her going in a normal vet room. Its not right for her.

:)

BTW, if anyone knows ANY way of getting a private phone number of a vet (i know i shouldnt, but i promise you he'd understand and do it happily if he knew what was happening) then PLEASE pm me. His name is John the Vet, bentleigh vic. I have googled and cant even find his bloody surname to white pages (though im sure he has a private number, most vets/drs etc would)

God, i just dont know. :)

This sux.

I'm so sorry Nimroid12, perhaps for Molly's sake you may have to forgo using her vet it does sound like perhaps its time and posponing it may not be right for her. Most vets understand your grieve and will try to make the parting as gentle as possiable, just be there for her and cuddle her close and try to not let her see your grief as you give her the most loving gift you can.

Saw this poem and thought of you two:

The Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of the woods, at the foot of a hill,

is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

when their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

for here they are whole, their lives filled with

gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears pricked forward, eyes dart front and back,

then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant,their eyes have met;

together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long

past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

and then, side-by-side, they cross over together.

Anon

Molly left this world at around 11.45am Monday. John, her long-time vet, sat next to her, whilst i stroked her side. I kept talking and stroking, and John was an angel, he hid the needle in his lap and just did it without a word.

I went to mums place, a happy peaceful beautiful house and garden, on saturday night. Left the other two at boarding kennels where i work. We ate icecream, i cried, i hardly slept, we watched telly, just hung out.

It was a crappy rainy windy morning on Monday. Molly walked up to me, sat right in front of me and looked deeply into my eyes. Ppl say you will know. I never fully believed them, until then. So i bawled, rang the vet and he would be there in an hour. I turned the radio on, "What am i gunna do, when the best part of me was always you, what am i s'posed to say when im all torn up and your ok. Im falling to pieces". No joke, that was playing. So i listened to it, dancing around clapping whilst molly looked at me with her "oh mum, what ARE you doing???!!!" look on her face. She was always such a serious girl lol.

I turned the radio off after that one song. Lay down with her stroking her. Took some photos. Found a lavender scented candle and lit it in front of a photo of her on her 15th bday (16/5/09). Then the vet's car pulled up. The sun had come out about 10min prior to this, and there was a PERFECT spot, in front of the pond with the rock garden and japanese maple tree just so peacefully beckoning us. That was my ideal place for her to go, i was so lucky the rain and wind had stopped for us.

Molly went perfectly. No twitching, toileting etc. She just lay there resting, breathing so gently whilst i talked to her. Reminded her of all the times we had. When we met. When we got third place, twice, at obedience competitions. How she was there for me thru high school studies, my first boyfriend breakup. I just talked and talked. And he lent over and checked her heart and she was no longer.

Molly is being cremated and brought back to me in about 2wks. In a plain, dark wood box. With a metal engravement "Miss Molly" on the top. Nothing fancy. Just that.

I went to the big shopping centre nearby today to TRY to distract myself. Daydreamed about buying this, having that. Went into a jewelry store, the perfect ring shone out at me. It was a 9k gold ring, fits on my right 'ring?' finger. Amethyst oval in the middle, two tiny diamonds either side. A small amount of filligree but not much. I got it, and had Molly engraved inside. It is perfect. I will put it up here soon.

I am now home with Jack and Kirra. They have missed me, and so have i them. They have jumped around and cheered me up. I tried explaining that molly wont be here anymore, but it just doesnt work. Huey the duck and Gypsy the chook will miss her too. Huey was only a wk old when molly became his mum. Poor boy.

Thankyou everyone, i appreciated your support IMMENSELY through this time. It got me thru. Somehow.

Molly is now at the rainbow bridge. I am sure of it. She is young again. No breathing problems, no coughing. No cancer or fat lumps or anythin. Just a happy young spirit, not waiting for me per say, just playing there and when i arrive she will be happy.

Image111-1.jpg

Image110.jpg

(last car ride, she really enjoyed sticking her head out still)

Image111.jpg

(The garden where she lay to rest, there is a pond in the white rock garden. Japanese maple. Sunny for about 1/2hr either side of her passing. Perfect timing. Perfect location. Perfect dog)