September Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipedia,

Landscape comprises the visible features of an area of land, including physical elements such as landforms, living elements of flora and fauna, abstract elements like lighting and weather conditions, and human elements like human activity and the built environment.

From Wikipedia,

Landscape comprises the visible features of an area of land, including physical elements such as landforms, living elements of flora and fauna, abstract elements like lighting and weather conditions, and human elements like human activity and the built environment.

Thank you Annie. I guess living in the city means that landscapes are more likely to involve the built environment than anything. I will concentrate on that.

I'm determined to have a go at this one now that we are moved & settled & I have some time. I suck at landscapes, I see them, just don't seem to be able to capture them. I do confess to never using a tripod, so I think that will help a lot.

Some awesome shots so far.

From Wikipedia,

Thank you Annie. I guess living in the city means that landscapes are more likely to involve the built environment than anything. I will concentrate on that.

I think I am going to find this a real challenge because where I live is so surburban. When I think of landscapes, I imagine the 'wide open spaces' photos that have been posted. Hmmmm... challenging....

I did take this one when I was at the coast last month...

copyofp10108181251843262.JPG

Hey Everyone - the first post in this thread has been updated with some waaaaaaaay better and more detailed information, kindly given to me by renowned landscape photographer, Tom Putt.

Please head over and have a read as it might give you some more ideas on how to go about shooting a landscape.

Edited by Ashanali

My home computer has sh*t itself and I have a whole lot of sunset landscape images I took on the weekend there. Ah well.

Here is a landscape image taken at the wrong time - ie. around 2pm during the day but shot on slide film. I really love film for landscapes and slide packs some punch.

This was taken hand held using ruthless' old film camera she loaned me. It's Barrington Tops.

eta: As shot was film, it's unedited. How very purist of me!

3116607705_ffe2367a23.jpg

Edited by Ripley

OOOOOO Landscapes! I love landscapes...I have many that I like that I've taken

The_Road_Home_by_Ravyk.jpg

Road from Menindee to Broken Hill [about 8am]. Taken out the window of a car doing 100kp/h!

Menindee_Road_by_Ravyk.jpg

Road from Broken Hill to Menindee. [Taken through the windscreen]

Top_of_the_Gulf_by_Ravyk.jpg

Top of the Gulf of St Vincent [6 shot panorama]

Some from my new camera:

Maslins_Beach_Cliffs_by_Ravyk.jpg

Maslins Beach SA [5 shot panorama]

Silversands_by_Ravyk.jpg

Silversands SA

Huga, Nice beach shot,

Pandii, great B & W's, I see my brothers Ex inlaws to the left in the bottom shot :laugh:

Riply, your shot is awesome the colors alone are just fab!!

Ravyk, great shots, love the panaramics!!That shot taken through the windscreen is great you cant even tell!!

Cant believe it is only the 2nd Spet and so many great shots already!! Must head back and have a read of the first post again as I was just thinking to myslef last night what does constitute a good landscape shot??? Will be an interesting month!

Love it Ripley.

Huga the lumix takes some great shots. :laugh:

It's a good little camera. It has a Leica lens, which is apparently very good. The TZ7 has a wide angle lens, so that should be handy for this month.