Litters Due In November 2009

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's due tomorrow isn't she? I bet she'll be glad when she has exploded! :mad

Koda has now taken up residence in the Puppy Palace and is NOT amused.

And now, I'm REALLY stressing because my $)(@#$*()#@$@ car has died again. I only had it fixed in the first week of September and now I have a feeling it is either the same issue or one very close to it.

Like I can REALLY be in a situation of being stuck out here with Koda due to whelp in the next week or so and NO CAR!! :(

And now, I'm REALLY stressing because my $)(@#$*()#@$@ car has died again. I only had it fixed in the first week of September and now I have a feeling it is either the same issue or one very close to it.

Like I can REALLY be in a situation of being stuck out here with Koda due to whelp in the next week or so and NO CAR!!

Hope you can get your car fixed quickly and cheaply.

Koda has now taken up residence in the Puppy Palace and is NOT amused.

:( forgot all about setting up the whelping box :mad

going to have to dig it out the shed tonight when it cools down and give it a good clean

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar Kennels

Whelping box all set up - but she can't get in or out of it cos of her belly!! :mad OH took the rail out for now but she prefers to 'try' and lie on the kitchen lino. She has just had her lunch whioh I gave her at about 12,30, so will give her a small meal at dinner time and then some more for supper.

Macey's temp at lunch time was 37.1deg and she's acting a bit different today. Hilary is hoping she goes into labour tonight and has puppies tomorrow.

ADJ - Good luck! Chloe looks huge! Do you know how many she is having?

When you say "hard at it" do you mean just nesting and/or panting or has she been visibly straining? If she has been straining, you shouldn't allow much more than an hour to go by from the first visible push before you intervene but if it is just nesting, that can potentially go on for days (and often does) but just watch for things like water breaking. Again, if the water breaks and there is no sign of a puppy she needs the vet within an hour or sooner if the liquid is discoloured anything but light straw.

Besides, I've still got my Yanklets to contend with and they're probably more work because of the grooming, snood training etc

Would rather have a dozen sweet Yanks than a couple of terrorising Staffords :cry:

ps still have a few snoods left over from the Bassets :)

Leanne

Sweet like this you mean? :cry:

post-864-1258188327_thumb.jpg

PS. What kinda snoods and how much d'you want for them? :)

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. :)

Macey started labour at 3pm yesterday and has been hard at it through the night. Still waiting for waters to break - losing patience!

VET

More info on what you call hard at it?

Bitches don't have waters like a human, each puppy is in it's own sack which has amniotic fluid in it.

You don't want that to break, until the puppy is in the birth canal as it lubricates the canal.

If no puppy within an hour of that VET as the puppy dries out can get stuck.

Edited by SwaY