Litters Due In November 2009

Bilbo Baggins

Just got back from the Vet for Storms check up.

Vet feels she will go this Thursday or Friday :cry: , did an internal and she is opening up (explains the discharge this morning) and she has dropped heaps yesterday. I got a crappy slip mating on the Sat and a good tie on the Mon (was using this mating for date) but looks like she has taken from the slip mating.

We are going to do a c-section as she is to narrow for the pups (had problems last time and they where not big pups), so am on temp/signs watch. Have dragged out and cleaned the whelping box now just have to rearrange the bedroom to put the box next to my bed.

I am happy if she goes a few day early (providing pups are healthy) as it will give me a few more extra days before Scarlet has her lot.

Didn't worry ubout doing the xray.

Leanne

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Macey is ok.

I paniced when Ella had a two hour nap between puppies, she wasn't straining so relaxed a little, then she woke up to have the next pup. She come out GASPING for air and her chest was crackerly,I spent 15 minutes trying to get her going (the longest 15 minutes of my life) Thankfully she come good and after two hours she started suckling well.

I'm such a worry wart when it comes to this kind of stuff but kept calm for her sake.

I would be taking Macey to the vets, right away.

Anyway, Ella had a vet appointment this morning for mastitis, got an injection and some tablets and sent on our way.

The boob has gone down dramatically but to be on the safe side will continue to watch it :cry:

One of the kids is being suppliment fed and she is coming along well now, fingers crossed she will keep gaining weight.

Lizzy was unsettled last night and is off her food today, looking for dark hiding spots and nesting. So looks like she may have hers by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Excitement :laugh: go Lizzy!

Edited by Aziah

Hilary won't have the internet for the next two weeks.

We phoned the vet at 9am and the repo vet was happy for her to keep labouring away with calcium every 40 minutes. Sara decided to leave her until 11pm and see what happens. After the phone call, she started getting very strong and long contractions and decided it was time to stay in the box and labour away. She started making all the right movements like there was pressure where there was meant to be, but she seemed to slow down again after a few hours. Still no waters broken.

The decision was made to take her to the vet and have a caesar done as she was exhausted and Hilary was really starting to worry about her girl.

An hour later, 5 baby beagles were brought out to Hilary and Sara while Macey was stitched up. One tri bitch, three white bitches and one white dog.

All very cute.

I'm exhausted, haven't slept since Saturday night. Poor Hilary hasn't either and she doesn't get to go home and not have to look after puppies. I'll head back over tomorrow and give her a break.

Hilary won't have the internet for the next two weeks.

We phoned the vet at 9am and the repo vet was happy for her to keep labouring away with calcium every 40 minutes. Sara decided to leave her until 11pm and see what happens. After the phone call, she started getting very strong and long contractions and decided it was time to stay in the box and labour away. She started making all the right movements like there was pressure where there was meant to be, but she seemed to slow down again after a few hours. Still no waters broken.

The decision was made to take her to the vet and have a caesar done as she was exhausted and Hilary was really starting to worry about her girl.

An hour later, 5 baby beagles were brought out to Hilary and Sara while Macey was stitched up. One tri bitch, three white bitches and one white dog.

All very cute.

I'm exhausted, haven't slept since Saturday night. Poor Hilary hasn't either and she doesn't get to go home and not have to look after puppies. I'll head back over tomorrow and give her a break.

I assume born on the 15th???