5437 From Blacktown Pound - See Pics Of Her Safe

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sweet photo's, she looks to be settling in to family life :( I see your sons first dog and a foster failure coming up :)

You could be right ;) I cannot imagine ever saying Goodbye. It would just break her heart - and ours......

I couldnt do that to her. Or my Son. She seems to of been through enough, poor Baby. I think she HAS found her furever home, right here, safe with us....

Edited by k9angel

Jasmine

As sweet as honey

As warm as the sun

a special little Pound dog

we know as Jasmine

As gentle as a feather

silky soft fur

I have never met an Angel

quite like her

Sweet little Jasmine

no need to be scared

for ever we'll love you

for ever we'll care......

3924466669_e8b4ab70b8.jpg

Our Friend

Why are you so frightened

What did they do?

to make you so nervous,

My heart aches for you.

Why do you cower,

Why do you flinch?

Did you give them a mile,

Did they only give you an inch?

Why do walk with your head held low?

You're a beautiful girl,

hold it high, let it show.

Now we see you smile

now we see you wag

slowly I see happy,

Replacing all your sad.

You are starting to trust

let us love you again,

We open our home and heart

to you,

Jasmine our friend.

Edited by k9angel

Seems to me like you struck gold when you bought Jasmine home!

She sounds truly special and I'm so glad you saved her and love her enough to make sure she's happy and treasured for the rest of her days.

Hugs to you all!

Yes we were very lucky. She is the perfect Dog. Honestly you couldnt ask for a sweeter girl. And she is so quiet, she still hasnt even barked yet.....

She is even potty trained and will not go inside ;) And yes she'll be very much treasured. It will take time, patience and much TLC but we will be there for her every step of the way. :)

Edited by k9angel

So great to hear that Jasmine is doing so well.

Any news of her kennel-mate the beautiful who had just had pups?

No. I will check tomm. I THINK she has a name but not 100% sure.

And you know the saddest thing, I felt dreadful the day I picked Jasmine up. Her kennel mate fought so hard to come too it broke my heart. She tried to slip through the gate with Jasmine. ;) :) I felt sooooo guilty.

As they say for the one you take another is left behind - thats exactly how I felt for this girl. :D

It was like "Why cant I come to? Why arent I good enough?" Poor girl. And she is JUST as sweet as Jasmine, trust me she is adorable, so loving, gentle and soft.

I will advise tommorow if she is safe or not. :)

I hate to think what happened to that girls puppies. Only she would know, probably why she is so heartbroken and sad.

Imagine going through pregnancy, feeling the little buggers growing and moving inside of you, then through birth ONLY to have them taken away from you - how dreadful that would be.... :)

Edited by k9angel

So great to hear that Jasmine is doing so well.

Any news of her kennel-mate the beautiful who had just had pups?

No. I will check tomm. I THINK she has a name but not 100% sure.

And you know the saddest thing, I felt dreadful the day I picked Jasmine up. Her kennel mate fought so hard to come too it broke my heart. She tried to slip through the gate with Jasmine. ;) :) I felt sooooo guilty.

As they say for the one you take another is left behind - thats exactly how I felt for this girl. :)

It was like "Why cant I come to? Why arent I good enough?" Poor girl. And she is JUST as sweet as Jasmine, trust me she is adorable, so loving, gentle and soft.

I will advise tommorow if she is safe or not. :)

I hate to think what happened to that girls puppies. Only she would know, probably why she is so heartbroken and sad.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help her - she looks do sweet. It is so sad she has lost her babies ( I don't even want to think of what has happened to them)

In the meantime I am just so happy that Jasmine is feeling so loved. Well done!!!

3928852138_dd75b0ce24.jpg

Here is Jasmine sneeking into the kids makeshift cubby house :wave: taken tonight

She doesnt need a lead when she is in the front garden, she doesnt attempt to jump the small fence, she just follows like a shadow. When I stop, she stops and sits at my feet. :hug:

If I start to run she runs, and again as soon as I come to a stop - she does too and just sits there.

She is VERY obedient.

Still havent heard her bark but she is very alert, if she hears the front gate open she'll run to the front door ears pricked.

My Mum dropped in today and met her. Mum had just been to the shops and had a roast chicken in her bag.

She opened it up and ripped most of the meat off and gave it to Jasmine - Jaz loved it.

Ol' Mum. She is good hearted like that.

She actually has a GSD from Blacktown Pound, one of my rescues from back in Feb :thanks: OMG that dog and the other resident dog a dingo x greyhound (also a rescue of mine from 9 yrs back, she was going to be shot :wave: ) live like king and queen, they are fed the best cuts of steaks, chicken even prawns.... Mum spares no expense. :thumbsup:

Anyways Jasmine loooooved meeting My Mum and vice versa. :hug:

Edited by k9angel

Heres some pics of todays adventures

3930703808_2f54453820.jpg

Morning cuddles

3930703820_cbf87d9f28.jpg

Isnt she just georgeous. I say she is 50/50 mix Kelpie x Border Collie as you can see characteristics of both

3930703814_58c1484e0a.jpg

Rolling in the grass - she loves laying in the sun too

3930703816_1ed70ed158.jpg

Ahhhh belly rubs, warm sun and soft grass...... this is the life :rainbowbridge:

3930703800_abc17e3614.jpg

Keeping an eye on Jack (whose out of sight in the garden)

Edited by k9angel

Jasmine is doing great. I discovered something about her today - she is sh*t scared of storms - could explain how she ended up the pound????. I have to say many of the dogs I have bought home from the Pound are afraid of storms.

Poor girl she followed me every where sitting at my feet cowering. I gave her cuddles and tried to assure she was fine and was safe. Even Jack went to the bathroom and returned with a towel to wrap around her and comfort her :rofl:

The storm lasted about half hr or so, when the OH arrived from the shops says "There is a Lab wondering on the road, lost in traffic".

So off I went in search of this dog. At first I didnt find him but I went around a big block and when I returned he was running along the railway track side of the road which was busy and wet from rain. I thought 'Oh no', the dog went to cross the road right infront of a car which came to a screeching halt, so did my heart for a second. ;)

I jumped out of the car and onto the middle of the road to signal cars to stop. I had a lead in my hand and he came straight away wagging. He had a bald patch on his leg so had recently had an op. (not desexing he was already desexed I noted) A lovely boy. He jumped straight into the car.

I had a good idea where he came from. Three years ago only weeks before the birth of my Son I found a Lab coming home from work, I walked the streets heavily preg and in the heat hoping he'd sniff his way home. :)

As I walked along a car pulled up and it was this dogs owner - he was soooo grateful.

Anyways with Lab boy safely in the car I drove straight to this house today and yes it was there dog!!! Oh was I relieved!!! :cheer: as were the owners and the man remembered me too....

Talk about a small world eh?

Jasmine is fast asleep curled up in the bunk bed atm. Snug as a bug in a rug.... :cheer:

Edited by k9angel