Fitzy1-1-1-1.jpg

Together we were inseparable, the unbreakable deep bond forged long ago

Fate brought us together, our destinies entwined, it would seem so

Kindred spirits and soulmates, a connection few could really understand

Side by side we journeyed through life, in step in paw and hand

Our blissful wonderful happy life was turned upside down that fateful day

When you were diagnosed with the awful Hemangiosarcoma in early May

The prognosis was so grim and you deserved every chance of a longer life

But I vowed and declared treatment would be stopped, any time you got into strife

That time arrived and I said no more, as quality of life you must have above all

End of July 3mth check, no spread, so joyous, but 6 weeks later you hit the wall

I cried as I took you in for a checkup as I knew the beast was gaining the upper hand

The cancer had spread to your lungs and your body could no longer withstand

With limited time together so precious, I couldn’t bear to leave your side

I lovingly stroked you and held you and soaked your fur with many tears I cried

When you looked at me with those beautiful tired eyes that said I have had enough

I knew I had to help you my darling, but the decision was so gut wrenchingly tough

Each day I would take you for a long car ride as it gave you so much pleasure

From puppyhood to your very last day your beloved car ride you would treasure

So it was most fitting that after your last ride you chose it as your final resting place

I could not deny you, so I stayed close and tried to prepare for what we were to face

As I held you and told you over and over how much I loved you and what you meant to me

You laid your head down one last time, I was screaming on the inside in so much agony

The love of my life, my beautiful boy, my baby, my dearest & truest friend was gone

Oh the devastation, the unbearable pain, you were the best part of my life for so long

My beloved, beautiful boy, your loss is so profound, I am struggling to breathe

I have plunged to the depths of despair at your passing, so heavy do I grieve

Enveloped in darkness, it swirls overhead, threatening to consume my being

I can barely function, I stumble around and look without really seeing

An unbearable, overwhelming sadness, is all I have been able to feel

Such emptiness and a shattered heart that I know will never heal

I have cried rivers of tears for you and the wounds they cut so deep

I ache for you, I miss you desperately, without you I am incomplete

I dreaded this day your whole life through knowing the pain to come

But knew I would always be there to the end loving you always as your mum

Life will never be the same without you, my beautiful darling boy

So much love, fun and happiness, you brought me such immense joy

I will love and miss you for an eternity my darling boy. :):thumbsup::birthday: Even though you were cruelly taken before your time, I am so thankful that you lived each day like it was your last. You truly enjoyed life to the fullest with that wonderful beautiful spirit of yours that brought so much joy, laughter, mayhem, havoc and so much happiness. You leave so many truly wonderful memories from an adorable scallywag and gorgeous rascal youngster who wreaked much havoc and mayhem through to a beautiful adult who charmed everyone, both human and dog alike, along the way as “Mr Socialable” personified. You were such a great dog, such a good boy and I am so thankful that we got to spend so much time together and do so much together over the years and I know you lived more in your 10 years than most dogs get to live in a lifetime.

I will be eternally grateful to Karen the wonderful vet and her assistant for the tenderness, caring, kindness, respect and dignity shown to you on that terrible day.

Run free darling boy and Cassie and Chaz will take good care of you until we all meet again

Loving you always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mum, Thomas & Tournie :rofl::):(

Some of my favourite pics of you over the years

FitzyPup1.jpg

FitzyPup2.jpg

FitzyPup4.jpg

Fitzyongrass.jpg

Fitzyoncouchholiday.jpg

Fitzyonourbed-1-1.jpg

Edited by labsrule

Labsrule thats a lovely tribute to your beautiful Fitzy. Its always so hard when you loose them before their time but you did all you could for Fitzy, of that I am sure. He new he was loved and you have such wonderful memories to hold onto. Take care of yourself, Di. :):thumbsup::birthday:

:thumbsup: ;) Oh Labsrule, that beautiful tribute brought tears here. :cry:

Why do we love them so much and then have to say goodbye after what to us is such a short time ?

Another beautiful DOL dog waiting at the bridge.

hugs to you & yours,

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

:laugh: RIP Fitzy.... go play with the other labs at the bridge....... :rainbowbridge:

:cry::cry: What a heartwrenching tribute Labsrule,not a dry eye ...you summed up your life perfectly with fitzy and the pics

..May each day get a little easier for you and you know your lab family are always here for you....Love Sam..