Not Dog Related But Please Help

Dust Angel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met this guys brother, who was very quiet, polite and a nice guy. Seems those that know this bloke say he is a bit of a fruit loop and likes dressing up in his battle fatuiges and going hunting/stalking and into weapons! Bit worrysome. Hope he goes to jail for a long time!

Bit of a worry living that close to someone like this. Thing he should go to jail for at least four times the minimum sentence.

I too gave the hairy Clyde more Cuddles and the cheeky teenager a bit of a smooch up.

This is so unbelievably despicable. There is NO excuse for something like this. I hope he rots in hell.

I have met this guys brother, who was very quiet, polite and a nice guy. Seems those that know this bloke say he is a bit of a fruit loop and likes dressing up in his battle fatuiges and going hunting/stalking and into weapons! Bit worrysome. Hope he goes to jail for a long time!

Bit of a worry living that close to someone like this. Thing he should go to jail for at least four times the minimum sentence.

I too gave the hairy Clyde more Cuddles and the cheeky teenager a bit of a smooch up.

I know a few people like that. They are all lovely, gentle people who are disgusted and outraged and totally condemn this revolting act.

The bow hunters that I know take pride in the skill involved in stalking, and in making their kills as clean as possible. They only hunt feral animals in Australia. They hate people like this with a passion, because it paints them all in a bad light.

I know I'd rather have the rabbits and foxes on my property killed with a gun or a bow (not a crossbow - they are illegal in most states) than with poison like 1080. But NOT in this manner, where the death is slow and cruel.

• 9 months later...

Just thought I would update this thread.

The man has been let off. Here is a small thing about it.

Maximum Penalty for Horse Killer in Norseman 2563 Signatures

Published by Pania Harris on Oct 07, 2009

Closed on Jul 25, 2010

Category: Animal WelfareRegion: AustraliaTarget: Norseman Magistrates CourtResult:Thank you all who signed this petition. Unfortunately due to an error with the police department this 'person' was let off and all charges were dropped. Once again thank you for signing.

Background (Preamble):

A MAN has allegedly shot a horse with a crossbow then kicked it to the ground before using his mobile phone to film it dying on a property in Western Australia's Goldfields.

A 30-year-old man from Norseman, about 190km south of Kalgoorlie, allegedly killed the horse near the town on August 1, police spokeswoman Ros Weatherall said.

August 1 is the day acknowledged as the birthday of all horses.

The man was charged with cruelty to animals and failing to ensure the safekeeping of a firearm and ammunition. He was also charged with the possession of unlicensed ammunition.

Police allege the man found a group of horses about 7.30am that day and shot two arrows from a large hunting bow, at one of horses from a distance of about ten metres.

"The horse, which was in pain and shock, received substantial wounds from being shot," Ms Weatherall said.

"The man then kicked the horse with significant force to force it to the ground and filmed the horse suffering and dying."

The vision was seized by police after someone allegedly viewed it on the man's phone and alerted the RSPCA, who referred the matter to local police.

The penalty for animal cruelty ranges from a minimum fine of $2000 and a maximum of $50,000 and five years imprisonment.

RSPCA spokesman Richard Barry said details of the case would "shock the whole of Australia".

"I've never seen anything like this," he said.

The man will appear in the Norseman Magistrates Court on October 21.

I am horrified this "person" is free an allowed to live in his community and have no punishment what so ever. I just pity his next victim.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Jeremy Lee Webb, of Norseman WA, has been acquitted of animal cruelty charges and set free.

Magistrate Felicity Zempilas, presiding over the trial yesterday ruled that evidence collected by police was inadmissible.

Webb was accused of shooting the horse with a crossbow in August last year and filming it on his mobile phone as it slowly died.

Webb pleaded not guilty to charges of animal cruelty.

Magistrate Zempilas ruled yesterday that police had not followed correct procedures when obtaining a search warrant after a report was made by a concerned member of the public.

A crossbow, mobile phone containing film footage of the dying horse, and admissions made by Webb during the police search have been ruled inadmissible.

Webb was acquitted and awarded legal costs.

See Also:

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

He got off? Omfg what is wrong with our legal and justice system in this country! I really hope someone gets this guy......I won't even say what I would do to him as Troy would prolly ban me. Dammit I just don't understand how ppl like this even exist. What will be next on his hit list? A baby? Poor little neddy, rest in peace. Gonna go give my gg's some carrots.

What an absolute joke. What on earth is wrong with our legal system, if a man can have video footage of himself performing the crime, yet be set free. Isn't the point of our legal system and courts to determine whether or not someone is guilty of a crime? The fact that someone can get off because of the way evidence was obtained, even though its quite clear and obvious they are guilty, is just absolutely absurd.

I know this should go in OT but i really would like for as many people to find out as possible. I also know many people say that petitions arent worth the paper they are written on, however this one will be printed out and presented to the Judge on the day. So even if you think they are worthless please sign anyhow, doesnt take long and it may make a differnce. Also if you can please forward to others.

ANDREA HAYWARD

October 7, 2009 A man has allegedly shot a horse with a crossbow and used his mobile phone to film it dying on a property in Western Australia's Goldfields.

A 30-year-old man from Norseman, about 190km south of Kalgoorlie, allegedly killed the horse near the town on August 1, police spokeswoman Ros Weatherall said.

August 1 is the day acknowledged as the birthday of all horses.

The man was charged with cruelty to animals and failing to ensure the safekeeping of a firearm and ammunition.

He was also charged with the possession of unlicensed ammunition.

Police allege the man found a group of horses about 7.30am that day and shot two arrows from a large hunting bow, at one of horses from a distance of about ten metres.

"The horse, which was in pain and shock, received substantial wounds from being shot," Ms Weatherall said.

"The man then kicked the horse with significant force to force it to the ground and filmed the horse suffering and dying."

The vision was seized by police after someone allegedly viewed it on the man's phone and alerted the RSPCA, who referred the matter to local police.

The penalty for animal cruelty ranges from a minimum fine of $2,000 and a maximum of $50,000 and five years imprisonment.

RSPCA spokesman Richard Barry said details of the case would "shock the whole of Australia."

"I've never seen anything like this," he said.

The man will appear in the Norseman Magistrates Court on October 21.

LinkTo News Article

Link To petition

The petition has been created by a friend of mine after discussions with people in the area of Norseman.

Just went to link to sign petition but petition is closed and it says that due to an error with police the 'person' was let off. Unbelievable - wish he could suffer the same fate as the poor defenceless horse.

He is probably going do something even worse next time if thats possible. Im sure that its been researched that children that do acts of cruelty to animals go on to do far worse acts to other animals and people. This man should be put where he cant do more harm. God help us and this world we live in..

From the petition site

Thank you all who signed this petition. Unfortunately due to an error with the police department this 'person' was let off and all charges were dropped. Once again thank you for signing.

:laugh::)

Edited by casowner