Frogs Frogs And More Frogs (more Pics Added)+++++

Riley James

I grew up in FNQ and had many GTF's as pets and regulars in the same spots every night.

I just adore them :-)

fifi

I grew up in Mackay and loved having all the GTF's around. I used to have 3 or 4 continually residing in the top corner of my bedroom. Sometimes they would get lost during the night and jump and land on my face in the middle of the night. :p I would get up and take them outside, then go back to bed :laugh: Apparently I was sleeping in mum's bed one night when dad was away and one landed on my mum in the middle of the night and she freaked ;) I got up and said "it's only a frog" and took it outside. :p

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

We have these and also the gigantic green 'sumo' :laugh: frogs outside my kitchen door every night. Also some lovely little brown mottled froggies who sit on the ground. Altogether around 2 dozen frogs. The dogs give them a 'kiss'and then ignore. They are just starting to croak all the time, so I guess they are getting ready for mating, wet season. I always remove any toads (fridge) in case they take a liking to the frogs.

The frogs are happy to eat moths out of my hand, although sometimes take my fingers too :D

Yes, dog hair!! The frogs are so placid and the dogs like them :love: Both dogs are terrific and have never hurt one, but I still stay out and supervise, don't want one to get stepped on.!

Ravyk, what sort are the big fat green frogs? We have all different ones, the sumo :love: ones, medium ones and tiny little ones that can really jump miles, they are a different shape and all legs, skinny :laugh: the supermodels of the froggy kingdom :D :rofl:

We have these and also the gigantic green 'sumo' :laugh: frogs outside my kitchen door every night. Also some lovely little brown mottled froggies who sit on the ground. Altogether around 2 dozen frogs. The dogs give them a 'kiss'and then ignore. They are just starting to croak all the time, so I guess they are getting ready for mating, wet season. I always remove any toads (fridge) in case they take a liking to the frogs.

The frogs are happy to eat moths out of my hand, although sometimes take my fingers too :love:

I have been at the deckchair cinema a couple of times when it's been a damp night and hearing the frogs all around you at the movies is the most awesome experience (well for froggy people like myself :rofl: ).

More great frog pics guys, Monah, I dont know if my pups would be so unconcerned like yours look in your photos!! :(

;) The girls are weird! I guess being bossed by 4 cats and a bird all your life does that!!

Roisin does have a 'thing' for Black cockies, but neither of them have ever hurt anything. Roisin has cought pigeons and a duck! and just given them to my had, then they flew away :rofl:

Hmm. I have big , tough dawgs :o ;)

I just spotted this little fella in my garden a few minutes ago while I was on Poo Patrol.

Uh oh! I think she's seen me!

4015010011_df7ed3e2d1_b.jpg

4015826194_eca02d6791.jpg

and instead of flying ducks, this is permanently on my kitchen wall. When I lived in Nth Qld I had the real ones.

IMG_0400-2.jpg

Edited by Kirislin