Purchasing Of Inside Dog Beds

Lablover

During recent travels, I could not help notice my labs preferred a friends dog beds, particularly donuts (my they looked silly in tiny donuts) and sided sponge beds, instead of their normal old human doonas.

We do not receive junk mail in our area, and I have surfed the net to a degree, but I was wondering if any shoppers knew which large retail store or pet shop sold large donuts or labrador sized sided sponge beds?

Edited by Lablover

During recent travels, I could not help notice my labs preferred a friends dog beds, particularly donuts (my they looked silly in tiny donuts) and sided sponge beds, instead of their normal old human doonas.

We do not receive junk mail in our area, and I have surfed the net to a degree, but I was wondering if any shoppers knew which large retail store or pet shop sold large donuts or labrador sized sided sponge beds?

Lablover, I just purchased a new large soft sided basket (sponge bed) from Choozy in Gawler in South Australia. Basically I couldn't find a stockist here so I contacted them direct. Their beds are great.

I got a Large black one with a jaguar (jungle print) lining and inside cushion. I got a replacement sherpa cushion for the older one I had. With postage, it was $146.

Their email addy is [email protected]. Their Large beds fit a Vizsla (FHRPs boys) and they have an Xtra Large too. They have lots of colours, fabrics and designs but I dont' think they have camo. :)

Edited by poodlefan

In a past lifetime I was a pattern maker and I made a pattern for a donut kind of bed. My dogs didn't take to it at all but I gave it to my girlfriend who has a black lab and she loved it! I filled it with bean bag foam and it has a 2nd Skin cover. I got great funky fabric at Ikea and it looked great.

However, given that my dogs hated it, it was a waste of money :)

PetStock has some great deals on Beds when I was there the other day too.

I work in a boarding kennel and a lady brought in her 2 cavs and a huge pink donut bed. She told me she bought it off the net and it was only $90 blah blah blah. Anyway after she left I went and had a look at it, and it is the best quality donut bed I have ever seen. It is very firm, so its not going to squash down to nothing like all the others Ive had and it has removable covers for washing. I went and lay on it and honestly I could sleep on it, I was so comfortable. I am so impressed with the quality Im going to get one(or 2 or 3). Anyway I had a look at the tag and it had there website on it. Hers was Xtra Large but you can get a jumbo.

www.cloudk9.com.au

Edited by Kaffy Magee

Bono Fido have some great beds.

I use mojo bean bags- got the idea from Silvawilow- they do mini and maxi square beds so I buy the covers then get the exact size of foam cut to fit inside.

Clarke Rubber used to sell the mojo bags but since many of their stores have closed I buy them from tinos.com.au.

• 3 months later...

We just bought a Fuzzyard bed for Jindi. She loves it - it's a donut shape (without the hole, LOL) and is reversible with one side being soft and felt like (for winter) and the other being cotton; each side a different colour. A good website for doggy things is: Ozpetshop

I didn't even see this thread, which I note dates back a good while ago.

Lablover - don't know if you got the bed you were after yet, but I'd recommend you looking up Puppy Power. They sell on ebay, but they also have a warehouse/show room in Dandenong and if you arrange it with them ahead of time you can go down there to have a look before you buy.

I've found them to be very competitive price wise and usually cheaper than retail outlets. Let me know if you want their phone number.

Oh - and they sell good quality stuff too (including Snooza).

ETA: Kal used to have a preference for my sister's dog's bed and she used to 'pinch' it first, every time I had him over to stay. So I bought her one (her reward for passing us through the scent detection course I was doing through NDTF at the time). It was the same cushion bed as what Monti had. But she still always pinched Monti's whenever he came over, in preference for her own. There was a bit of 'top dog' going on between those two, in the nicest, quietest sweetest way. But 'top dog' all the same.

Edited by Erny