November Challenge

tlc

Sony A200

f 8.0

ISO 200

1/125

I was trying to get a picture of her ouchy gums- poor little girl is teething but got this instead.

DSC04907.jpg

I was trying to edit it a little but everytime I got her markings looking richer I ended up with a red ear *sigh* perhaps some funky softwear as well as a new lens for christmas!!

I am trying to work out if it would look better if i just cropped the ear out of the pic?

th_DSC04907-1-1.jpg

Edited by woofenpup

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey woofenpup - download the trial version of lightroom. It's insanely good. You can choose to saturate certain areas and desaturate others really easily so in a photo like this it's simple.

I had a bit of a play for you. More colouring in her markings around her face and ear, a lot more colour in the eye and then desaturated the red in her ear a little and added a little bit of a vignette:

DSC04907-2.jpg

Hey woofenpup - download the trial version of lightroom. It's insanely good. You can choose to saturate certain areas and desaturate others really easily so in a photo like this it's simple.

I had a bit of a play for you. More colouring in her markings around her face and ear, a lot more colour in the eye and then desaturated the red in her ear a little and added a little bit of a vignette:

DSC04907-2.jpg

yep thats what i wanted!!

I love your shot of Lotus CM!

I suppose I should post a few of mine from this month:

Mow sleeping on Zero's crate - he likes to rub himself on anything that belongs to the dog so of course, the crate is a massive drawcard for Mow and he loves to sleep on top of it.

4082374867_79d295b0ea.jpg

Terranik's Ahsoka - she's so independent and adventurous but she's a cuddle monster too and gets the most gorgeous expressions on her face. I call this one "See ya later Mum"

4083133054_cdb878fa4b.jpg

And just because, one of Zero:

4083131452_cb8dd369c0.jpg

I'm still struggling with the basics :mad

I've spent hours upon hours of attempting to get the light right to capture the faces of the black Staffords, finally I think I have it, I've cracked a couple of them of late.

The subject of Poodie is a whole other story :(

IMG_6490.jpg

Love this photo!

After many years of trying to capture the beautiful face of a black dog (mostly with a point and shoot) I would have to say that overcast days are your friend and harsh lighting/sunny days your enemy.

Loving some of the photos on here!

I took a photo of a portrait yesterday does that count? :mad It's the most famous portrait in the whole world. I swung by the Louvre yesterday and got this. Shame you can't get closer though and the glass in front of it creates a terrible reflection.

post-3856-1257615397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pointeeblab

I am trying to work out if it would look better if i just cropped the ear out of the pic?

th_DSC04907-1-1.jpg

IMO much better cropped just about square - great shot!

Well I did not take any puppy photos! :bottom: I made a wrong turn on the drive down and ended up getting there quite late and slightly stressed, so was just content to have a cup of tea and watch the puppies run around rather than fuss with the cmaera. They are very cute, I think I've narrowed it down to 3 pups. :bottom: It was hard!

Soooooo ... does anyone have any photos to post? :bottom:

We're all waiting for Beck. Waiting...................waiting.................. :bottom: waiting..............

:bottom: You have scared him !!!!

come you little cutie, dont be shy :laugh:

anyone would think I've been hovering here waiting waiting cause you've only just posted this, but honest I haven't. I've been mopping the floor, but as it kills my back I have to have a little rest so thought I'd peek in here. perfect timing, honest, I haven't been hovering, like a dirty old woman. :D :)

Ruth they are gorgeous!

Love them both but the first is my fave (thank god Cam isnt that hairy! :love: )

Kirislin she is lovely. Do you know her? Can you try again and tell her if she's super still you will buy her a pony?

Edited by becandcharch

Ruth they are gorgeous!

Love them both but the first is my fave (thank god Cam isnt that hairy! :dancingelephant: )

Kirislin she is lovely. Do you know her? Can you try again and tell her if she's super still you will buy her a pony?

hahaha great idea, no, I only met her yesterday, she came to my house along with her little friend and friends dad. I wanted to take more pics of her but the other girl expected to be in the photo too.

Edited by Kirislin

I took some great shots while at a BBQ yesterday, but have to check with the parents before posting their children on the net.

Are there any tips for working in the sun, we have a week coming up with over 30 degrees and shade is a bit hard, or am I better for inside shots

Now i have posted these just to get feedback...

The first one is taken on auto... But i want to get use to taking photos on other settings, hense me doing this month's challenge, but i can't seem to get the right set up...

Photos were tekn in same place one after the other..

Picture495.jpg

Picture496.jpg

F7.1 ISO800 AV White balance was on daylight as my room is very bright..