November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brigie Bear, I got lost in your photos, I was waiting for htem to load and they are just beautiful I actually forgot where I was, just stunning, love them

Becandcharch, great shots too, they seems so deep in thought, stunning work

and one of my little snakey.

:D

there wasn't much love being shown by the little monster when I took the pics though he was coiled around that branch like that as he had just bitten me twice, I just missed out on getting a pic with his mouth open though thankfully he's not fully grown yet :)

So do I :)

Seriously though, your photos have come so far, I think the latest ones are absolutely fantastic. I love the one of the two of them sitting together - it's just lovely. Oh and in the side on shot, I think your husband looks like the actor who played Benji in Underbelly :D

Why can't I have a cooperative husband?

(Rocco - I'm still hanging out to see more photos :thumbsup: )

Sorry guys I went out for dinner and havent processed yet, planning on doing it tonight promise. :thumbsup:

Here is a few more from my project :D I love this one.

4094666815_93e4ae3a70.jpg

This is Ash mum, who I had the pleasure to photograph. She is exactly how I see the dog show type. She could of just walked off the BIS movie set. She was fantastic. Thanks Ash. :)

4098150036_e5b004af99.jpg

Went to the beach after work today and made the boys pose

4098049174_a6bda55434.jpg

Great shot!!! Perhaps lighten up the dog a little? I like it. :D

This is Ash mum, who I had the pleasure to photograph. She is exactly how I see the dog show type. She could of just walked off the BIS movie set. She was fantastic. Thanks Ash. :)

4098150036_e5b004af99.jpg

Aww this one is sweet. :thumbsup:

Kirislin I thought the same thing when I got back home! There is a place near home that sells dog hoodies. Ill have to try and re create this again.

Thanks Huga! I have been trying to learn as much as I can from dol and flickr. Yeah I can kinda see the Benji similarity. So long as it's not Carl Williams im happy :laugh:

Ash - Thanks for the constructive criticism :o I do agree with macka that I need to lighten Charch a bit. I dont know how to lighten just one area rather than the whole shot.

Does anyone know if I can do that in lightroom?

Im glad that you can all 'appreciate' my photos :rofl:

Rocco that shot of Ash's mum is so so good. Just love it.

ememem.jpg

Gorgeous!

Rocco has been here taking some fantastic photos again this morning. I am so inspired, but so frustrated that I lack that certain something to make my shots brilliant. Boo :rofl:

I have been so lucky to have had the chance to meet and photograph Huga's family. Huga is nothing but kind and charming and I am so in love with Eddie and Lola. These three have been so gracious in helping me out for my photography course, not once but twice and even getting smiles from them all as I am wasting their time standing around waiting for me to get my sh!t together with my camera and lighting. :o Thanks for being so patience Huga. :laugh:

I have so many photo's to process but I am sure Huga would not mind some Eddie pic's, because he is awesome.

4096803213_bb7ee95e50.jpg

I love his eyes! Beautiful image!

OK I am a total newbie to photography but here are a few of my learning shots... I was jusy playing with settings so can;t tell you what they are (plus for the most part have nfi what they mean)

Playing with light: (hubby OVER IT)

SHMic5.jpg

None of them were edited.. Just playing with camera settings...

Well done :cry:

4098049174_a6bda55434.jpg

Nawwww!

OK I am a total newbie to photography but here are a few of my learning shots... I was jusy playing with settings so can;t tell you what they are (plus for the most part have nfi what they mean)

None of them were edited.. Just playing with camera settings...

I love the pictures of the flowers...

Ash - Thanks for the constructive criticism :rofl: I do agree with macka that I need to lighten Charch a bit. I dont know how to lighten just one area rather than the whole shot.

Yep.

You need to select the brush tool. If you're looking at lightroom you can see on the left hand side the histogram and directly underneath that there's a picture of a paintbrush with a halo around it. Click on that.

Underneath you will see an exposure setting. If you drag it to the left, anything you paint with become darker if you drag it to the right anything you paint will become lighter. The beauty of this is that you can paint many different areas of the image (and lift the brush off the image in the middle of it) and you can move the slider AFTER the painting has been done.

EG. If you set it to -.90 and do an edge burn but then decide you want it lighter, you don't have to redo it, you can just move the slider up to -.50.

If you want to make one area lighter, then paint another area and make it darker, be sure to hit the button that says, "new" in between the change. :laugh:

Ash - Thanks for the constructive criticism :cry: I do agree with macka that I need to lighten Charch a bit. I dont know how to lighten just one area rather than the whole shot.

Yep.

You need to select the brush tool. If you're looking at lightroom you can see on the left hand side the histogram and directly underneath that there's a picture of a paintbrush with a halo around it. Click on that.

Underneath you will see an exposure setting. If you drag it to the left, anything you paint with become darker if you drag it to the right anything you paint will become lighter. The beauty of this is that you can paint many different areas of the image (and lift the brush off the image in the middle of it) and you can move the slider AFTER the painting has been done.

EG. If you set it to -.90 and do an edge burn but then decide you want it lighter, you don't have to redo it, you can just move the slider up to -.50.

If you want to make one area lighter, then paint another area and make it darker, be sure to hit the button that says, "new" in between the change. :o

I always wondered what that little brush did! :laugh: I have just been fiddling around and havent read the instructions yet.

Excellent, ill have a go. Thanks Ash :rofl: