Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Anyone want to show a Xolo?

I think I would look like an idiot showing a dog that I couldn't even pronounce the breed (Plus I can barely stack up my own pup yet). :laugh: I think you will find the more expirenced handlers (ST and Hemi&Roxy) will have issues because they both have end of the alphabet dogs too!

There might be some junior handlers more then willing to handle? On the CAWA website they have details for the junior handlers class, maybe contact the instructor and get them to ask some of the older kids.

I have done all the normal things like you suggested CBR, I have emailed a few people who said they were intersted in showing, but as you say obviously there dogs are more important and most people I know clash. I am amazed its not like the US and there are NO professional handlers here, ah well, we will wait and see.

My email fingers will keep emailing and my facebook fingers asking! I may pop into the agility tomz after the APS day down the road, see if anyone is there, please grab me if you see me as I am shocking with faces and names! I will be the one with the two unpronouncables! :D

Thought I'd ask in here as it makes sense being local!

I've been trolling the quokka/trading post/gumtree/ebay for a 2nd hand RV Shade thingo, but they must be that good that nobody wants to sell theirs :laugh: Just in the off chance a DOLer has one and doesn't use it anymore and wants to sell it, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands :D

Otherwise I shall be keeping an eye on the BCF website, I think they have web specials occasionally on theirs. I think it was on sale a month or so ago but as usual I am a bit late to the party! :eek:

I and the Xolos stopped by briefly at the Agility nationals today

OMG what an eye opener those dogs and handlers were, my big gob was wide open the whole time I stood there in awe,

what dedication and absolute control both dog and handler had, how on earth could anyone in this sport be a loser!

Anyway probably doesnt make sense to people who do this all the time but gee whizz for someone that hasnt seen this ( only once briefly)

I take my hat off in amazement.

well done to all,

I met Amypie and saw a lot of West Aussies, sorry I didnt say Hi but I was too busy watching.

:confused:

Was nice to meet you today Wazzat, Naca was fascinating and a lot bigger than I expected! Still giggling about someone asking about your 'Chinese Crested X Pharaoh Hound' :laugh: Ahhh I'll never whinge about people thinking Trixie is a Dobe puppy ever again :confused:

You probably know but there was an article about the Xolos in the Dog Show Scene Quarterly magazine.

Was nice to meet you today Wazzat, Naca was fascinating and a lot bigger than I expected! Still giggling about someone asking about your 'Chinese Crested X Pharaoh Hound' :laugh: Ahhh I'll never whinge about people thinking Trixie is a Dobe puppy ever again :confused:

You probably know but there was an article about the Xolos in the Dog Show Scene Quarterly magazine.

That guy was a judge lol Hope he doesnt judge group 7 he then told me Naca had low pasterns, he actually has hare feet, ahh well I must admit I didnt really know what a Cane Corso was either!!

Those agility dogs took my breath away, I am still talking about them to anyone who will listen. :)

Thanks Amypie I heard an article was going in but I havent seen the magazine out yet, must see if I can get one.

Oh gosh that is a worry, you'd think being a judge he would've seen the articles about the Xolo's in Aus and the notice in the Canine News about them! haha.

Yes there were some stunning runs today that's for sure! Dogs certainly are amazing creatures!

OMG what an eye opener those dogs and handlers were, my big gob was wide open the whole time I stood there in awe,

what dedication and absolute control both dog and handler had, how on earth could anyone in this sport be a loser!

Anyway probably doesnt make sense to people who do this all the time but gee whizz for someone that hasnt seen this ( only once briefly)

I take my hat off in amazement.

well done to all,

I met Amypie and saw a lot of West Aussies, sorry I didnt say Hi but I was too busy watching.

:laugh:

You met Ozjen too :confused: , I was the one who asked where your other dog was, arouond the time you were calling your other half to come see the Agility.

Now to pick some SW DOLers brains! In Bunbury is there more then one club for agility? All I can find is Benotto Training which is $120 a term :). The parents are looking at moving back to Bunbury ad I am torn about what I would do if they did.

Now to pick some SW DOLers brains! In Bunbury is there more then one club for agility? All I can find is Benotto Training which is $120 a term :). The parents are looking at moving back to Bunbury ad I am torn about what I would do if they did.

Ozjen yes I am sorry! Was a whirlwind there but wow what a great spectacle I wish I had gone all day!

Bunbury has the Bunbury and Districts Dog Club who mainly show but we have two excellent agility ladies in Sandra Yearsley and Debbie Russel who train on diff nights than the obedience and show training.

Benotto is run by a friend of mine Claire and a good place to go but possibly more for starting out, I think there is a small club out Australiand way.

I will pm you Debbie and Sandras email addies!

:(

Now to pick some SW DOLers brains! In Bunbury is there more then one club for agility? All I can find is Benotto Training which is $120 a term :(. The parents are looking at moving back to Bunbury ad I am torn about what I would do if they did.

Ozjen yes I am sorry! Was a whirlwind there but wow what a great spectacle I wish I had gone all day!

Bunbury has the Bunbury and Districts Dog Club who mainly show but we have two excellent agility ladies in Sandra Yearsley and Debbie Russel who train on diff nights than the obedience and show training.

Benotto is run by a friend of mine Claire and a good place to go but possibly more for starting out, I think there is a small club out Australiand way.

I will pm you Debbie and Sandras email addies!

:)

So Lincoln might be moving to Bunners!!!!! :) The good thing with the Bunbury Dog Club is that they are affiliated with DogsWest!!

Good luck with your "deciding" CBR :laugh: ...The South West is a beautiful place to live, just a bit further to go for shows'n'stuff...

Rat

Sandra Yearsley who runs Shelties is in Bunbury. There is Bunbury and Districts Obedience Club (they have an agility trial next weekend :( ) and I imagine they have agility training since there are a couple of members who compete - but it wouldn't be that big.

Thanks for all the replies! We should find out next week if we are going to be moving or not and the time frame that it would have to happen within.

For me it would be a move back to Bunbury since I moved to Perth when I was two! :)

Do you SWers get used to driving to Perth all the time? How long does it take to get to K9 from Bunbury?

I was at the agility nationals yesterday too and saw your doggies but decided we would admire from a distance as it looked like everyone wanted to meet them!

I was also amazed by how good it was and how exciting. Congrats to everyone who competed! I can only dream of having the control of Leila that all the people yesterday had.

Amypie, did you have a run yesterday arvo? I think we might have watched it, there was so much going on that I had trouble keeping up and figuring out what was going on :laugh:

Yep we were in the Novice Jumping final, the Tenterfield with the broken ears :laugh:

I know we were trying to remember which dogs were which when the awards were being presented but they all started to look the same after 4 days! :laugh:

ETA: Are you training Leila in Agility? We need more GSPs, I believe there are only 2 competing here? Some brilliant GSPs were here form the Eastern states though! I never realised there were so many that do agility!

Edited by amypie

I live about 50min south east of Bunners and it takes me about 2.5 hours to get to K9 from our place on the "new road".... Directly from bunbury it would prob'ly only take about 1.5 hours maybe a little less.

I dont mind the drive to Perth, its something you get used to I think. Although when you have to get up at 5am to leave its a little less exciting! And heading back south at 2am after a long show isnt very much fun either :laugh: ...Thats the main reason I dont head up to many shows much any more. That and the fact that my dog a) Is spayed, b) Hates the showring and c) Isnt a wonderful example of the breed given her ears could be used as paragliding wings :laugh: :laugh: ....I doooo love you Zola, truely.... :party:

Im sure if my dog was performing well in the ring it wouldnt have been such an effort!

Rat

I have considered agility and I think Leila would love it. We definately need to get out obedience sorted out first - her recall isnt the best. But she is only 15 months old.

Where do you train and when is that? Do they have beginner, on lead classes?

I have considered agility and I think Leila would love it. We definately need to get out obedience sorted out first - her recall isnt the best. But she is only 15 months old.

Where do you train and when is that? Do they have beginner, on lead classes?

I train with Perth for Agility too they train Ashfield Reserve, its on Friday evenings. The class is mostly on leash but your dog will be offleash when it has to do exercises, which are usually one at a time and food is allowed.

I would have loved to go and watch on each of the days but I had to do boring things like work! And I would have love to have gone around, seen all the dogs and talked to more people but I was there with a friend so it was a bit hard.

It reminds me a bit of when I used to do showjumping with the horse!

If there was somewhere we could do dock diving, Leila would be sooo happy

I train with Perth for Agility too they train Ashfield Reserve, its on Friday evenings. The class is mostly on leash but your dog will be offleash when it has to do exercises, which are usually one at a time and food is allowed.

I have considered going down to Perth Agility but the fact that is on fridays makes it hard - we always have stuff on. If I could find somewhere that either does tuesdays or thursdays nights or even saturday arvo it would be perfect!