Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Happy Birthday ST :rofl: Hope you're having fun :laugh:

I love how in the UK you can (apparently?) take your dogs into most shops, just not food shops. So it is not strange to take your dog into the bank, the post office, on the train (tuuube?!), bus, etc. Wish we were a country that loved our dogs more!

When I went to Europe, in Holland people would take their dogs into restraunts with them! The dogs just sat under the table, the waitress even brought it a bowl of water!

Awwwww no fair!!! :love:

This is true in mainland Europe I think, but not in the UK :love: Although there are lots of places you can take dogs in terms of beaches and forests etc, you really can't take dogs in to any shops or cafes....some country pubs, but that's about it.

Great to see some of you and your lovely pooches at the meet on saturday - I felt bad for Louis after, I pushed him too soon :love: I have to be patient and wait for him to learn to walk before we run so to speak. Luckily he did very well at his training class on sunday, so I haven't set him back with my stupidity :rofl:

Rach - where are the photos? :rofl::love:

Guess what..... my Clean Run order is here.... I should have maybe ordered one size smaller for the cool coat, its a bit long on his back but other than that fits great - if i go for a smaller one I dont think it will fit around the neck as the neck strap does not adjust....

Awesome!! :rofl: What size did you end up getting again? I will need to order mine very soon before they aren't free to ship anymore :love:

Happy Birthday, ST!!! :laugh::love:

Guess what..... my Clean Run order is here.... I should have maybe ordered one size smaller for the cool coat, its a bit long on his back but other than that fits great - if i go for a smaller one I dont think it will fit around the neck as the neck strap does not adjust....

Awesome!! :rofl: What size did you end up getting again? I will need to order mine very soon before they aren't free to ship anymore :love:

Happy Birthday, ST!!! :laugh::love:

I ordered a 28" RS.

Crazy Cresties I think Louis did very well on Saturday :rofl:

Hi all ;) , can anyone recommend me a good obedience club SOR? Stanley is about to finish puppy class and I would like to register him in a beginners obedience class soon. Hopefully one that teaches skills that can be used in agility?

Cheers :wave:

While I haven't gone to either club I have heard good things about Southern River and Gosnells Clubs :p Also you can start puppy classes for agility at ACWA as well if you wanted to. Contacts for all of the ANKC affiliated clubs are at http://www.dogswest.com/... then click on the "clubs" link on the left hand side of the page :D

Does anyone know how much space is between the walk railings and the benches at the Royal Show grounds?

Also how big the booths are? I need to get some cushions and unsure how many to get or what size ?

Thanks

J

They for you or the hounds J ;) .......

No expert here or anything, but from memory, Im sure there is cushion room!! Dimension wise, Im no help whatsoever sorry... :wave:

A belated Happy Birthday ST - I didn't realise that you weren't coming last night :p - so its cake next Monday right?? :D

Thanks to Bedazzled and her mum for capturing the reason why I took up drinking. This is Beans and the distance control exercise in Bunbury on Sunday ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/bedazzledx2?feature=mhum

Lol that is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile :wave: Its like her mind was somewhere else.

A belated Happy Birthday ST - I didn't realise that you weren't coming last night :D - so its cake next Monday right?? :)

Thanks to Bedazzled and her mum for capturing the reason why I took up drinking. This is Beans and the distance control exercise in Bunbury on Sunday :p

Happy belated Birthday ST!! :wave:

I have no idea what your vid was all about Ptolomy (no sound here at work) but it looked liked a heap of fun!! ;)

Does anyone know how much space is between the walk railings and the benches at the Royal Show grounds?

Also how big the booths are? I need to get some cushions and unsure how many to get or what size ?

Thanks

J

Exact dimensions are a few posts ago but benches are 1m deep and up to 2.75m wide. It would be split into 2 or 3 for your guys most likely 2.

The railings are moveable and generally set so that you can have a trolley set inside the barrier and still squeeze past (just!)

A belated Happy Birthday ST - I didn't realise that you weren't coming last night :mad - so its cake next Monday right?? :)

Thanks to Bedazzled and her mum for capturing the reason why I took up drinking. This is Beans and the distance control exercise in Bunbury on Sunday :cry:

;) Gosh that was the funniest thing :o

Thanks

J

Exact dimensions are a few posts ago but benches are 1m deep and up to 2.75m wide. It would be split into 2 or 3 for your guys most likely 2.

The railings are moveable and generally set so that you can have a trolley set inside the barrier and still squeeze past (just!)

Thanks Mirawee

Yay! We all graduated obedience advanced begginers last night. My son and his JRT came 5th out of about 13 with 90 points which is very good, he is only 12 yrs old :D and Rosie and I came 3rd :cry::cry: We lost points because she wouldnt retrieve ;) (she is a golden retriever who retrievers everything all the time ;) ) I think we also lost a point because I said drop twice which was my mistake not hers. Also, I have taught her to sit as soon as I stop, so instead of standing to command, she sat (because I had stopped) then stood ;)

Anyhow Im very proud of her, she got 95 points, 2nd place got 96 and 1st place got 97 so it was very close :)

Yay! We all graduated obedience advanced begginers last night. My son and his JRT came 5th out of about 13 with 90 points which is very good, he is only 12 yrs old :D and Rosie and I came 3rd :cry::cry: We lost points because she wouldnt retrieve ;) (she is a golden retriever who retrievers everything all the time ;) ) I think we also lost a point because I said drop twice which was my mistake not hers. Also, I have taught her to sit as soon as I stop, so instead of standing to command, she sat (because I had stopped) then stood :rofl:

Anyhow Im very proud of her, she got 95 points, 2nd place got 96 and 1st place got 97 so it was very close :)

It sounds like you both had a great night (was this at K9??) - Well done and keep up the good work ;)