Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi everyone :thanks: Im hoping someone could point me in the right direction to a animal chiropractor close to Gosnells area. Im wanting my boy checked out to make sure everything is a ok :hug: thanks in advance!!!

Not a chiro but a bowen therapist sue reccomended me and i have used is Robyn Lodge 0438060804 she traveeled to me not sure of location though

here is a photo of Chandra free stack training on weekend

post-33396-1301896619_thumb.jpg

Chandra is looking great Emery :thanks:

Sorry, I can't help with a chiro either... well except I know a few people use Kevin Kelly - he is at Ascot I think but may travel.

Tahnks mirawee she has come a long way :hug: very happy with her now to get kealri fully free stack trained rofl

To whoever asked if any of the dogs had a successful day. Ptolomy and Cider came first in Novice in PM trial (no surprises there!! :rofl:), Scoota 1st and Brooklyn 2nd in UD (AM trial), and Millie came 1st in Open in PM trial (huuuuge surprise there!) Ruby was so close in morning and afternoon trials in Open, so very proud of her!! ;)

Congratulations :laugh: Sounds like a very successful day :heart:

What a lovely girl :heart: btw your website looks good, a lot easier on the eye now :heart:

Ok my present shopping for my spoilt dogs birthday is now complete :heart: Him and his best mate got the same things from me

Treat wise what is 'safe' for Mason and his allergies ;)

To whoever asked if any of the dogs had a successful day. Ptolomy and Cider came first in Novice in PM trial (no surprises there!! :rofl:), Scoota 1st and Brooklyn 2nd in UD (AM trial), and Millie came 1st in Open in PM trial (huuuuge surprise there!) Ruby was so close in morning and afternoon trials in Open, so very proud of her!! ;)

Congratulations :laugh: Sounds like a very successful day :heart:

What a lovely girl :heart: btw your website looks good, a lot easier on the eye now :heart:

Ok my present shopping for my spoilt dogs birthday is now complete :heart: Him and his best mate got the same things from me

Treat wise what is 'safe' for Mason and his allergies ;)

That is a hard one, lamb, roo, goat or fish is good for him but i will bring treats for the dogs on saturday :heart:

Mas will many dogs be there? I might come down and if there is a small select crowd it could be a good thing for Toby, he has been having a few little social outings lately and going really well, but if there is lots of dogs there I might steer clear. :rofl:

Mas will many dogs be there? I might come down and if there is a small select crowd it could be a good thing for Toby, he has been having a few little social outings lately and going really well, but if there is lots of dogs there I might steer clear. :rofl:

Its just going to be mas, phoebe, ruby, millie and a friends chihuahua that i know of so far, small chance of Masons 2 brothers coming too. Mas, phoebe and the chihuhua are the most ' in your face' of the group i would say. There were a few painful loose dogs there the last time, the one charged mason, barked and growled at him when mason was minding own business but doubt it will be there again.

Mas will many dogs be there? I might come down and if there is a small select crowd it could be a good thing for Toby, he has been having a few little social outings lately and going really well, but if there is lots of dogs there I might steer clear. :laugh:

Its just going to be mas, phoebe, ruby, millie and a friends chihuahua that i know of so far, small chance of Masons 2 brothers coming too. Mas, phoebe and the chihuhua are the most ' in your face' of the group i would say. There were a few painful loose dogs there the last time, the one charged mason, barked and growled at him when mason was minding own business but doubt it will be there again.

Ah ok. Not sure how Toby will go with Mille, he is a bit phobic of brown retrievers :rofl: . Will see how we are going and let you know Friday.

Mas will many dogs be there? I might come down and if there is a small select crowd it could be a good thing for Toby, he has been having a few little social outings lately and going really well, but if there is lots of dogs there I might steer clear. :laugh:

Ah ok. Not sure how Toby will go with Mille, he is a bit phobic of brown retrievers :rofl: . Will see how we are going and let you know Friday.

No worries. Maybe we can meet up sometime when you not at uni or work ;) mas will be fine with Toby on his own

Hi everyone :eek: Im hoping someone could point me in the right direction to a animal chiropractor close to Gosnells area. Im wanting my boy checked out to make sure everything is a ok :) thanks in advance!!!

Hi Schwarzstern, Check out Kevin Kelly, he's in Lyall Street, Ascot and is very good at working around a suitable time for you. He usually charges $20 and works on the dog in his front yard, doesn't take very long but it does make a major difference to a dog needing abit of manipulation. Our first visit was enough to convice us it was money well spent. My sister and I periodically take our dogs down for abit of a going over by him and he is quiet popular with alot of dog people. He actuallly does the racehorses normally but has alot of dog clients too. His phone number is in the phonebook. Going down the Tonkin its not a long drive from Gosnells.

Fingers crossed for my sister and her Bull Arab Trojan tonight- she just had to rush him to the vets because his stomach is big and gassy. Vets gave him tablets to help pass the gas, and told her she would have to watch him tonight because there is a chance it will progress to bloat :eek: If that happens she will have to rush him the the vet hospital. I was just around there today and asked if she wanted Bondi's old raised food bowl to feed Trojan with :) He was fine this morning.

boxagirl i hope your sisters dog will be ok...

There are studies that show raising the height of the food bowl can increase chances of bloat by 110%Linky to bloat study

Very interesting about the bowl height, I cant access the link though it does not seem to be working

ETA when I went to edit my post with your link in it I copied and pasted and it worked then... how scary that some foods moistened that contain certain things actually increase the risk of bloat? I always soaked mason's kibble when he was a pup !

Edited by Mason2009

There are some scary factors in there Mas

here is the link again hopefully it'll work...

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings...1&O=Generic

Weims have a high risk of bloat... the fact that I do not know one of Ari's relatives that has bloated gives me some comfort, but she is slim and deep chested and she eats fast... she gets two meals a day with raw mince and kibble... seems I am doing some things right and some not... but the risk is always there. if/when she is desexed I might consider the gastroplexy surgery.

I'm planning on switching slowly to raw once things settle down a little at my house so hopefully this will only help matters.