Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Fellow WA'er here - Hi All!! :(

Hi :)

thats ok mirawee, i gratuated 1996

Oh no I think I am the oldest!!!!!! *******Goes looking for grey hairs............................

Nope, sorry to say but I go alot further back than that and have the grey hairs to prove it. But I have Mirawee who is good enough to run my dog in agility and jumping while I watch. :):)

:) :) Looks like its you'n'me ozjen - so when did you leave school??? Oh how I wish I had graduated somewhere around 1990...something!! Oh well, good thing Im quite immature :)

We got about 1mm rain - not good enough really, Im sooooooooooooooooo sick of the heat, the humidity and no rain! I think our dogs handle it better than me! We dont have aircon, but quite a well designed house re heating and cooling, but this last two weeks have just been yuck! :)

Does anyone else here read the Quokka from cover to cover?? I found a few "strange" ads in the pet section, 'wanted' bit last night - someone looking for very rare, dont even think there are any in Aus, dogs. All herding breeds too............Oh and a dingo! I sometimes get a bit sad reading the ads though, there are soo many kittens it breaks my heart - why oh why cant people desex????? And I wont even go there with people looking for X dog to breed with their Y dog, who is oh so cute :(:) Pulease!

Anyway, Im on RDOs now - dont go back to work til Thursday, yay!! Sleep ins and playing with my girls. Fencing and stuff as well, to keep our small smart-alec lamington out of the horse yard!

Rat

hi everyone i'm a w.a er as well i only jus found this post i'm from bunbury only bn here since jus before xmas but love it , i'm not showing anything at the mom but i've bn to a couple of shows and am very keen to start as soon as i get my pup hopefully lata on this yr

Guest belgian.blue
Does anyone else here read the Quokka from cover to cover?? I found a few "strange" ads in the pet section, 'wanted' bit last night - someone looking for very rare, dont even think there are any in Aus, dogs. All herding breeds too............Oh and a dingo! I sometimes get a bit sad reading the ads though, there are soo many kittens it breaks my heart - why oh why cant people desex????? And I wont even go there with people looking for X dog to breed with their Y dog, who is oh so cute :) :) Pulease!

I've had to stop reading that section, it makes me too angry and I want to call all the ads and yell at them! Stupid people.

Though in the Sunday Times today there was the most adorable photo of a Boxer puppy! Tan/black face with two white ears. Sooooo cute. Anyone else see it?

IMPORTANT PERTH NEWS HERE!!!

I'm seeking a housemate and having so much trouble finding someone normal to move in. So if you have a friend of a friend seeking a place near the city [East Vic Park], right near Curtin Uni, great public transport and so much more.

Rent is $14O week, plus small bills.

Prefer no pets as there is already two living here.

Please PM me for my contact details :)

Nope, sorry to say but I go alot further back than that and have the grey hairs to prove it. But I have Mirawee who is good enough to run my dog in agility and jumping while I watch. ;) :grouphug:

Have you shown Jenna that whip?? We have a trial on Friday night remember :grouphug: Hope you have been working her hard since you got home from holidays :grouphug:

The obedience in Vic Park is at Raphael Park (Or Rafael I can never remember how to spell it :p)

And it was way too hot today :rofl: It was only meant to be around 30C! However I did manage to wash one of my yearling horses for the first time and take some nice photos of him :rofl:

Guest belgian.blue
However I did manage to wash one of my yearling horses for the first time and take some nice photos of him ;)

Are you going to share these horse photos!?!?

Are you going to share these horse photos!?!?

In a dog forum? ;)

OK...

The palomino is my yearling Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred gelding, Xavi, who is unfortunately for sale since I have two Anglo Arab yearling fillies who are keepers :grouphug: And yes I do cross breed horses :grouphug: But they are all bred for performance/showing :rofl:

The naughty foal is Aeryn who is jumping on her mother Abbey... took that shot today as well and if you want horsey photos I figure you will enjoy it :grouphug: Abbey is a Holsteiner and Aeryn's dad is a KWPN warmblood... hopefully she will be a brilliant showjumper when older!

post-11082-1264338419_thumb.jpg

post-11082-1264338435_thumb.jpg

post-11082-1264338454_thumb.jpg

Edited by mirawee

They are so cute mirawee. I miss horses and riding :grouphug: . I only only ever owned standardbreds though cause they were freebies and that was my budjet. :grouphug:

You can always come for a visit... in fact Aeryn will be your BFF if you stand there and give her scratches ;) Particularly if you scratch between her bum cheeks or boobies :grouphug:

Edited by mirawee

Hmmff............It rained last night - I heard it....And yet there was NOTHING in the rain gauge this morning!! :laugh: At least today is cooooool, and breeeeezy! Shopping day!!

Tiggy - Ive got my 'last horse' at the moment. Shes a 30 something year old brumby??? or something. Best little horse we ever had the joy of owning. But shes showing her age poor darling. Sway back, hollowed out flanks, dragging feet. :laugh: Shes still got that twinkle in her eye and a huge love for her tucker though!! And shes also surrogate mum to our 6month old lamington boy, a suffolk cross Jackson.

Ill try and get t few photos up.

Mirawee- Nice paly, got any photos of your fillies?? Oh and are you going to Casterton this year??

Rat

Hmmff............It rained last night - I heard it....And yet there was NOTHING in the rain gauge this morning!! :rofl: At least today is cooooool, and breeeeezy! Shopping day!!

Tiggy - Ive got my 'last horse' at the moment. Shes a 30 something year old brumby??? or something. Best little horse we ever had the joy of owning. But shes showing her age poor darling. Sway back, hollowed out flanks, dragging feet. :D Shes still got that twinkle in her eye and a huge love for her tucker though!! And shes also surrogate mum to our 6month old lamington boy, a suffolk cross Jackson.

Ill try and get t few photos up.

Mirawee- Nice paly, got any photos of your fillies?? Oh and are you going to Casterton this year??

Rat

We didn't even get a sprinkle of rain :D

Um, photos of the fillies... I have some at home but they are from a little while ago... they didn't get their photos taken yesterday :)

Guest belgian.blue
They are so cute mirawee. I miss horses and riding :D . I only only ever owned standardbreds though cause they were freebies and that was my budjet. :D

You can always come for a visit... in fact Aeryn will be your BFF if you stand there and give her scratches :rofl: Particularly if you scratch between her bum cheeks or boobies :D

Stunning horses!! I'm itching to get back in to the saddle. Used to ride quite a lot in my younger years, well when I didn't have to pay rent :)

The Pally is amazing!

Can I come and pat the horses too, pretty please?

Guest belgian.blue
So does that mean I need to organise a Perth meet at my house? :)

Fresh air, horses and lappies .. YEP you do!!!

I kinda feel like changing mine, but I think it's stuck :)

I want to change it to be obviously Chesapeake but I might just wait till I (one day) get a prefix and make it that.

(I just realised that my sig looks photo shopped but it's not ;) )

I wanted to change my name to my prefix once i got it but i love my name too much now and don'twant to change it!! I use it on other forums as well (mostly dog forums though!) and i have used my prefix on one forum but can't get used to it!!

i love your new siggy!! very arty ;)

Love the horse pics mirawee!

does anyone know anywhere in perth that you can take herding breeds just to see what they can do? I thought about doinng it with the OES as he tends to like to round up stuff and thought it might be fun for him... but i don't know where to start looking... :p

we got about 10 minutes of fat rain on Saturday afternoon... right after the massive stormwhich caused a small fire close by. at the time i was outsidein a puddle of water bathing a sopping wet Old English... I love storms but that one was MUCH too close for comfort. It frightened Charlie, and it freaked out poor Ari for about an hour. Anyway, waiting out the storm put us back about half an hour and I didn't get charlie to the show on Saturday night which sucked... i can't wait for our next show!!

Fellow WA'er here - Hi All!! :)

Hi :rofl:

thats ok mirawee, i gratuated 1996

Oh no I think I am the oldest!!!!!! *******Goes looking for grey hairs............................

Nope, sorry to say but I go alot further back than that and have the grey hairs to prove it. But I have Mirawee who is good enough to run my dog in agility and jumping while I watch. :welcome::rofl:

:p :p Looks like its you'n'me ozjen - so when did you leave school??? Oh how I wish I had graduated somewhere around 1990...something!! Oh well, good thing Im quite immature :mad

We got about 1mm rain - not good enough really, Im sooooooooooooooooo sick of the heat, the humidity and no rain! I think our dogs handle it better than me! We dont have aircon, but quite a well designed house re heating and cooling, but this last two weeks have just been yuck! :)

Does anyone else here read the Quokka from cover to cover?? I found a few "strange" ads in the pet section, 'wanted' bit last night - someone looking for very rare, dont even think there are any in Aus, dogs. All herding breeds too............Oh and a dingo! I sometimes get a bit sad reading the ads though, there are soo many kittens it breaks my heart - why oh why cant people desex????? And I wont even go there with people looking for X dog to breed with their Y dog, who is oh so cute :):mad Pulease!

Anyway, Im on RDOs now - dont go back to work til Thursday, yay!! Sleep ins and playing with my girls. Fencing and stuff as well, to keep our small smart-alec lamington out of the horse yard!

Rat

Well without giving too much away I was married in 1979 :(:( but still young at heart if not in body.

I'm an avid Quokka fan but like you I sometimes feel sad at the number of designer breeds being rehomed with their first litter when people realise that their pups don't sell as well as the high priced petshop ones. What herding breeds were people looking for? I haven't bought a Quokka for a while. Dingoes are occassionally available but they do have very special needs. Personally as much as I love Dingoes I think it is a shame that they are available to the public as so many people aready have problems catering to their domestic dogs and cats.