Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

And I may catch up with people I didnt get to see at the Western Classic! But I WONT be bringing cake :D :p

Then I won't bother going ;) Actually haven't entered anything coming up :love: Might do Winter Festival but that isn't until July ;)

Cider is entered - pending her SFE not being broken :p

Doesn't matter if SFE is broken for dog showing ;) As long as they stand enough for the judge to go over them it is all good... otherwise I would be stuffed with my boy who thinks most judges are Lappy eating monsters :love: Actually even Banjo, who is pretty rock steady, moves when some judges go over him :D It is just the different styles that judges use (and if any judge makes a kissing sound at him they are liable to get Kelpie Kisses ;) )

Anyone heading to the All Breeds Show on the 22 May??

Rat

Me and Lincoln SHOULD be there but we might have to leave a little early cause I have to work. I don't know if you know but it starts at 12.30 now. We will also be there the next day for Gundog Club show. ;)

Yes, I noticed all the ads throughout the latest K9 news. Which is why I thought I might head along. Im heading to Perth that weekend anyway, so it would be nice to spend the arvo at the dog show before heading further north to my brothers place.

And I may catch up with people I didnt get to see at the Western Classic! But I WONT be bringing cake :D :p

Rat

There's an obedience trial on the 22nd too. Also one on the 23rd but at the GSDA headquarters I believe.

Anyone heading to the All Breeds Show on the 22 May??

Rat

Me and Lincoln SHOULD be there but we might have to leave a little early cause I have to work. I don't know if you know but it starts at 12.30 now. We will also be there the next day for Gundog Club show. ;)

Yes, I noticed all the ads throughout the latest K9 news. Which is why I thought I might head along. Im heading to Perth that weekend anyway, so it would be nice to spend the arvo at the dog show before heading further north to my brothers place.

And I may catch up with people I didnt get to see at the Western Classic! But I WONT be bringing cake :laugh: :laugh:

Rat

Let me know Lab Rat as I need to take the monkeys up for a handler to have a play with may be that weekend or one after, have MPW this weekend. :)

Sadly it seems that we will be lucky to be able to help spike as the neighbours [bUSY FARMERS] who have been looking after him are not happy about what they see as interference.

The owner is terminally ill and isn't able to be involved at this point to help get him out either. There are issues with paperwork and ownership which it is doubtful will be resolved.

We are still trying but it doesn't look very promising. Thank you to everyone who has made suggestions and offered help but until something changes we are stuck and Spike will go to God.

Can someone please help me figure out what memberships I need? Leila is from a registered breeder and has been sold to us on the limited register to be transferred when she has been sterilised. I have her sterilization certificate from the vet and will be getting in touch with our breeder. I wouldnt mind doing some obedience/agility maybe tracking at some later stage (once we get past the basic obedience).

I will need ordinary CAWA membership wont I? Is there anything else I need to get her limited register papers transferred to me?. As well as needing to be a member of any of the dog sport clubs obviously.

You need to get an ordinary membership (if it's just you) form Dogswest and also fill in the transfer of ownership section on the back of Leila's papers, the breeder will need to sign it.

You don't need to be a member of any dog sports clubs to organise her Dogswest rego or your membership.

Can someone please help me figure out what memberships I need? Leila is from a registered breeder and has been sold to us on the limited register to be transferred when she has been sterilised. I have her sterilization certificate from the vet and will be getting in touch with our breeder. I wouldnt mind doing some obedience/agility maybe tracking at some later stage (once we get past the basic obedience).

As Amy said. But I dont think it is very ethical for the breeder to hold onto the papers until you have her sterilised. After all they are only limited registration papers, you couldnt register a litter from her anyway so i dont understand why they are holding the papers. They should just give you the papers after you purchase the dog and then give you a rebate when the dog is desexed if they want to encourage you to have her desexed.

Edited by ncarter

As Amy said. But I dont think it is very ethical for the breeder to hold onto the papers until you have her sterilised. After all they are only limited registration papers, you couldnt register a litter from her anyway so i dont understand why they are holding the papers. They should just give you the papers after you purchase the dog and then give you a rebate when the dog is desexed if they want to encourage you to have her desexed.

We held onto the papers of our limit registered pup... the dog was to be sterilised before it would have been ready to compete in dog sports (not that they wanted to compete anyway). By holding onto the papers they couldn't "accidently" breed with the dog and show a copy of his paperwork to say the parents were registered. They got the papers and a $300 refund once they sent the sterilisation certificate :D And they certainly didn't have any problems with it as unless you want to breed or are ready to compete the papers don't mean anything anyway.

If the dog is show quality and you may want to try showing ask the breeder if you can transfer her to the Neuter register as well. Not many Clubs run neuter events but they are bringing in a neuter championship title ;)

Sadly it seems that we will be lucky to be able to help spike as the neighbours [bUSY FARMERS] who have been looking after him are not happy about what they see as interference.

The owner is terminally ill and isn't able to be involved at this point to help get him out either. There are issues with paperwork and ownership which it is doubtful will be resolved.

We are still trying but it doesn't look very promising. Thank you to everyone who has made suggestions and offered help but until something changes we are stuck and Spike will go to God.

Steve

I am down here in Bunbury near the dog and I am more than happy to be a go between with the carers etc, let me know if I can help at all. I do know rather a lot of people in this area and with all I have a good reputation,

:D

We held onto the papers of our limit registered pup... the dog was to be sterilised before it would have been ready to compete in dog sports (not that they wanted to compete anyway). By holding onto the papers they couldn't "accidently" breed with the dog and show a copy of his paperwork to say the parents were registered. They got the papers and a $300 refund once they sent the sterilisation certificate :laugh: And they certainly didn't have any problems with it as unless you want to breed or are ready to compete the papers don't mean anything anyway.

If the dog is show quality and you may want to try showing ask the breeder if you can transfer her to the Neuter register as well. Not many Clubs run neuter events but they are bringing in a neuter championship title :rofl:

Cheers. For all the info.

You are totally right mirawee, we really havent been that concerned about the limited register papers - we really only wanted a pet and had every intention of sterilising anyway. Hell, we chose to not even let Leila even have 1 season because we didnt really want to deal with it but of course that was weighed up and considered with all the other pros and cons. It is only now that I am considering (but still a fair way off) dog sports and realising that I should get my act together that it has come up.

I guess it is a good way for the breeder to get a follow-up a year or two down the track to see the dog? Unfortunately we havent been in contact with Leila's breeder since she was 13 or 14 weeks old (our first major puppy panic!) and she didnt respond to the emails with photos I sent. This makes me get organised and give her a call and take the monster for a visit.

We held onto the papers of our limit registered pup... the dog was to be sterilised before it would have been ready to compete in dog sports (not that they wanted to compete anyway). By holding onto the papers they couldn't "accidently" breed with the dog and show a copy of his paperwork to say the parents were registered. They got the papers and a $300 refund once they sent the sterilisation certificate :laugh: And they certainly didn't have any problems with it as unless you want to breed or are ready to compete the papers don't mean anything anyway.

If the dog is show quality and you may want to try showing ask the breeder if you can transfer her to the Neuter register as well. Not many Clubs run neuter events but they are bringing in a neuter championship title :rofl:

We do the same as do many breeders

Physically having the papers in their hands or not aside, does this mean the dog is still in the breeders name, too?

Physically having the papers in their hands or not aside, does this mean the dog is still in the breeders name, too?

I think it would mean that......

yes until the dog is spayed per the contract ,then the paperwork is signed & then its a case of whether the people join the canine or not of which most never do.

Remember if people dont join the canine the dog will always remain in the breeders name on the papers because the greater majority never transfer them over

All the details are clearly outlined & in a written contract that both parties sign.

Never had an issue in 25 plus years & originally our pets where never registered until the new rule came in like many breeders in this state.

Even now in WA we dont have to sell with papers but every pup must be registered

Edited by showdog

Was driving along a few days or so ago and I saw a smaller blacl SUV pulling a dog trailer(very rare sight in these parts) with a Border Collie sticker on the back and with South Oz plates. My immediate thought was - oh who are they and I wonder if they are a DOLer?

So if you are a Border Collie person from SA - Hi and I hope you liked Esperance :laugh:

Edited by Rommi n Lewis