Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Did you go to the Rally thing today vCBR? I couldn't be bothered driving all that way when I can do it at Eden Hill.

No I slept in. :o I was at K9 yesterday and I am going again tomorow so I was feeling too lazy to do 3 days in a row.

Don't blame you. How's Toby doing?

Did you go to the Rally thing today vCBR? I couldn't be bothered driving all that way when I can do it at Eden Hill.

No I slept in. :o I was at K9 yesterday and I am going again tomorow so I was feeling too lazy to do 3 days in a row.

Don't blame you. How's Toby doing?

Ok. I filmed a training session at home earlier and watching back couldn't believe how happy and confident he looked compared to the dog I see at agility trials and training. :D

Happy Birthday RubyStar :) . I knew someone had the same birthday as Buster just couldn't remember who :) .

The horses share Buster's birthday :)

Thanks for the wishes, guys :)

Got your text while driving this morning Candice, thanks :) Retrieving training was good. I had the thrower (and it's operator/teacher :laugh:) to myself for a little bit before some others joined us so got 4 nice runs in. Ruby did the longest retrieve she's done (on land) to date :thumbsup: I'm chuffed with her steadiness and the speed at which she bolts out for it and today her confidence grew to the point she could go far and get over a slight obstacle and continue to hunt :) I really need to work on her holds, though, she isn't as solid at holding as she is in her dumbell retrieve exercise. I've got a bit of "homework" to do on that :)

Thanks guys :) We think she is pretty special... but then we think all of our ponies are pretty special :thumbsup:

Emery, Raven is not quite 2yo yet so she isn't broken in (won't be for another 18 months). So she was just entered in led breed classes... similar to dog shows except that the judge doesn't put their hands on the horse :) Oh and dying to enhance colour is openly done (not that Raven has been dyed).

And she was a loser at the show today (although at least she was beaten by a quality horse) :) She behaved well once she got over her initial shock of seeing so many other horses though so that was the main thing :laugh:

oh thankyou for that info :)

happy birthday rubystar

Hello I was in the exercise yard close by with a toy poodle

Hi Sylvenus, I remember seeing a little toy poodle the other day :rofl: Mine's the noisy one :o

I go back to work on MOnday (boo Hoo :cry: ) which means that I cannot visit Strauss for the next 3 weeks - unless I throw a sickie. I was told that if I let the staff know - they will take him out for a run into the outside exercise areas. WRONG! I spoke to one of the staff on Friday and that is only true if you cannot visit for the entire 30 days. She was going to speak to her boss about it (he wasn't there) and I was to ring next Monday to find out if my puppy was going to get a run or not. Very Poor if you ask me. :mad

I want to write to somebody but not sure who!

and sorry - they tell me it takes them 8 hours to feed and clean all the kennels - You have to be kidding :p

I wish I could offer to take Strauss out while I'm there, but unfortunately with a cat to see as well as the dogs it's a struggle fitting mine in during the allotted hour :( I can't believe they won't take him out, all that time when visitors aren't there, surly someone could get him out for a bit of fresh air :mad

Only 4 more sleeps till I can get mine out :laugh: Did a shopping trip yesterday as we couldn't bring beds, litter tray, scratching posts, chews, toys bowls etc......$650 in total :p I'm sorry but I have to say things are sooooo expensive here - a litter tray that costs £39 in the UK was $119 here, about £70!

So now I have all the beds lined up at home, just waiting to be filled :D

Happy Birthday to you both Buster and RubyStar :rofl:

HOw exciting - Make sure you post lots of pictures when you get your kids home!

Yep things are expensive in Oz. Especially when if you are like me, you buy way more than you actually need!

Don't worry you'll be sick of my crestie pics soon :rofl: I buy waaay to much for the pooches - I seem to buy sale stuff for myself, but when it comes to them why do they always seem to end up with the most expensive option :laugh::rofl:

Yep things are expensive in Oz. Especially when if you are like me, you buy way more than you actually need!

Don't worry you'll be sick of my crestie pics soon :rofl: I buy waaay to much for the pooches - I seem to buy sale stuff for myself, but when it comes to them why do they always seem to end up with the most expensive option :laugh::rofl:

Its not that bad CC you just need to find the right places to shop, the net is always good and the bigger Pet Stores always will give you a bargain!, once they get to know you I am sure you will get discounts!!

Guest RosieFT

Thanks for info re the post bones/chicken face rubbing! interesting :-)

and for the antihistamine tips - was tempted last spring but was unsure of the dose since she is only a small dog.

Ironically, her itching has settled down again so hope it stays low!

We currently are dog sitting my parents' bichon, lily, and the two of them coexist very happily. Although i have to say it makes me feel ok about keeping an only dog as she seems the same as when she is a solo dog. Don't think she is pining for company :-) .

Happy birthday RS :-)

MM - oh no! can't really avoid those allergens can you? good luck with the immunotherapy - is that an attempt to desensitise with lots of doses of allergen??

Mirawee - raven looks lovely :-) . I strapped for my friend last weekend at a dressage show, nice to keep a finger in the pie but no longer have time or drive to school other peoples' horses.

I was at K9 yesterday

Practicing heeling with a couple of red kids :D

A couple of lovely red kids :o and playing with one of the worlds cutest puppies! :rofl: Oh and I did a little agility too :D I will have to post the clip of Toby at home Ptolomy so you can see the drastic difference between the attitudes.

Don't worry you'll be sick of my crestie pics soon :mad I buy waaay to much for the pooches - I seem to buy sale stuff for myself, but when it comes to them why do they always seem to end up with the most expensive option ;) :rofl:

Yep, I think most of us would be rich if we didn't have pets. I buy the cheapest of the cheap shampoos and hairbrushes for me but when it comes to the dogs I don't quibble about the price and one bottle of dog shampoo would probabaly cover my shampoo for the year. When I bought the dog a hairbrush that was close to $100 I decided that before she got it I was going to use it a couple of times at least. Definaitly much better than my el cheapo ones. Spend a fortune on supplements, toys, crate, beds etc for them too and yet one visit to the dr or dentist for me is too much to spend, let alone spending on anything to make me healthier.

But while all my money goes into the pets I am the richest person out because I get to share life with them and that is so much better than money.

Poor but happy. :mad