Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well done on the impressive show results over the weekend and even I was taken with the baby whippet photos :) Just sorry I missed catching up with everybody.

Must have been the day for zoomies - mine were crazy when i got home from work yesterday.

Bedazzled and I will be training tonight - so wave to us as you drive past :hug:

Buzz is a real cutey :eek: I missed out on Whippy cuddles :) Congratulations for your win :hug:

So what is the weather doing people? Looking at BOM the rain is moving weirdly :) it is nearly circling :(

It's just started raining here :o wish it would go away until after I walk the dogs

Buzz is a real cutey :D I missed out on Whippy cuddles :eek: Congratulations for your win :hug:

So what is the weather doing people? Looking at BOM the rain is moving weirdly :) it is nearly circling :(

It's just started raining here :o wish it would go away until after I walk the dogs

Walked them - you can rain again now :)

The other was a bag of Advance, for small breeds! So I gave it to mum and dad for their maltese :hug: I find it odd that the majority of breeds competing are medium/large, yet the food on offer is for small breeds :)

I dare say that was a left over from the Nationals, not as many little dogs turned up as they hoped :) and they were handing out the food as prizes at later trials.

Yup, he's the one on the left :D

Squeeeee adorable!!

Was amusing as there were 4 dogs that Qed (combined height trial) Kyzer and Jenna had both gone clear so we are standing there and AP was sure that Jenna had beaten Kyzer and we were sure Kyzer had beaten Jenna. Well Jenna won by less than half a second :( So very close between the two, neither of who did their best possible effort :eek:

ETA: Up to Masters any breed of dog can win as it is a challenge to go clear LOL... at Masters level I don't expect any of my dogs will be in the placings unless everyone else bombs!

:) Man I wish I saw the runs of the other two dogs who Q'd, they must have been sooooooooooo sloooooooowww if our two slow poke runs beat them :o Seemed like a generous SCT though.

I reckon if our two beat them then they must have walked the course :D . Jenna only beat Kyzer because she has longer legs.

Thanks for the congrats everyone :o

WX, my hubby popped down with our kids briefly yesterday and caught a glimpse of Naca in the ring and commented that he thought he was really stunning - that is a very big thing for him to say as he is fairly jaded when it comes to dog shows! He was 'born' into the dog world and nowadays much prefers to support me from the sidelines i.e at home :hug:

Well done on your Runner Up in group on Saturday! You must be thrilled with them both.

Considering your hubby has a soft spot for Westies :)

Well done everyone on their wins of late.. I have had a month or show off showing... loved the break, only wish it could be longer, but will be heading to a show this weekend as I need to practice with a dog or two for the Royal!

Thanks for the congrats everyone :rofl:

WX, my hubby popped down with our kids briefly yesterday and caught a glimpse of Naca in the ring and commented that he thought he was really stunning - that is a very big thing for him to say as he is fairly jaded when it comes to dog shows! He was 'born' into the dog world and nowadays much prefers to support me from the sidelines i.e at home :laugh:

Well done on your Runner Up in group on Saturday! You must be thrilled with them both.

Considering your hubby has a soft spot for Westies :laugh:

Well done everyone on their wins of late.. I have had a month or show off showing... loved the break, only wish it could be longer, but will be heading to a show this weekend as I need to practice with a dog or two for the Royal!

You showing Satan the Am Staff :rofl: Had a good giggle at Chris on the weekend

No rain down here!! Lots of cold wind, and clouds heading from the east????? What the???

Would love to have some rain to fill our two rainwater tanks.

Who else will be showing the weekend of the 11 & 12 Sept.??

Im heading up for the RR Champ & Open shows on Saturday and the Hound show and Working Dog show on Sunday.

Im sooooo looking forward to it, I get to spend the whole weekend with dogs. My favourite breeds too!

No rain down here!! Lots of cold wind, and clouds heading from the east????? What the???

Would love to have some rain to fill our two rainwater tanks.

Who else will be showing the weekend of the 11 & 12 Sept.??

Im heading up for the RR Champ & Open shows on Saturday and the Hound show and Working Dog show on Sunday.

Im sooooo looking forward to it, I get to spend the whole weekend with dogs. My favourite breeds too!

well it bloody rained on me and the dogs put walking and I was 5 ks from home was soaked! lol

You are not that far away are you ? lol

j

No, only about 80ks southish!!

C'mon Hughie, send it down!! I heard on the weather they got almost 10mm up at Kalannie, which is north of Dowerin.

Changing the subject COMPLETELY, I get to pick out my girl Llama soon!!! Then when she is in cria, I will have my very own Llama & baby!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! :laugh:

Well done on the impressive show results over the weekend and even I was taken with the baby whippet photos :) Just sorry I missed catching up with everybody.

Must have been the day for zoomies - mine were crazy when i got home from work yesterday.

Bedazzled and I will be training tonight - so wave to us as you drive past :laugh:

i saw you ladies was going to come over and say hi you had just put thedogs into a sit stay walked away from them then up then were leaving i assume as the lights went out i was in my car cutting up bait i got there late. will have to come say hi next tuesday. i need advice on ow to train my stubborn pig headed girl :) i have bruises from the lead tonight her pulling i am getting over it off to obedience on sunday. she chases after other dogs when they are infront of her is, happy if on her own. willd drop on command ( i am not teaching sit at this stage as she still doesn't stack perfectly) i need heeling help but also how to teach her to move out infront :eek: Have been clicker training want her to focus but she is so much more focused on everything else :laugh: i am actually getting really frustrated it is upsetting me. she is pig headed about food too is very fussy will work fo five minutes for some bait then wont train unless its something else. at home she is driven will stack perfectly for cats, birds, even a squeaky toy take her out and its like she is driveless realyl stumped haven't had a dog do this before.

my male rotti only needs to be taught somethign once and he does it, my girls mother was pretty easy too she wants to please but htis one :o

okay that is my vent before she makes me cry sorry.

ooooowwwww labrat please post photos!! Llamas are cute!

When I resize some of the pics my sister took back in March :laugh: I will post some!! I am so excited about getting a new species!! I have had all sorts of animals over the years, but this will be my first camelid :laugh: Its also a bit daunting, as I dont fully understand their temperaments, but I guess I will learn as I go!

Emery, Im sorry you are having dramas with your girl! I must admit, my latest ridgy who is now 4 was quite a struggle to train. Have you considered some one-on-one training with someone?? It sure helped me and my girl, getting an idea of what drives them is a big help!

When I resize some of the pics my sister took back in March :laugh: I will post some!! I am so excited about getting a new species!! I have had all sorts of animals over the years, but this will be my first camelid :laugh: Its also a bit daunting, as I dont fully understand their temperaments, but I guess I will learn as I go!

Emery, Im sorry you are having dramas with your girl! I must admit, my latest ridgy who is now 4 was quite a struggle to train. Have you considered some one-on-one training with someone?? It sure helped me and my girl, getting an idea of what drives them is a big help!

I will take her to obedience on sunday and see how we go before i consider one on one she might just need a bit more focus first. i have let her get away with a little bit more so she is happy and energetic inthering, but she is already starting to push the boundaries and i am not going to have that she needs to listen when i ask a command of her.

i think because the other two were so easy i had preconceived ideas and as i haven't yet figured out her drive like tuggin or what not it is making it harder i swear the other two rotts are labs in disguise are secret hoovers :o lol

she was a hoover at her breeders but is so not here just wants to be difficult, i am not showing to the royal so will give us a break at least to reget into it so to speak maybe she is a bit bored with it, don't want that asshe is only a baby and i hope to have a long career with her in several disciplines

When I resize some of the pics my sister took back in March :laugh: I will post some!! I am so excited about getting a new species!! I have had all sorts of animals over the years, but this will be my first camelid :eek: Its also a bit daunting, as I dont fully understand their temperaments, but I guess I will learn as I go!

I will take her to obedience on sunday and see how we go before i consider one on one she might just need a bit more focus first. i have let her get away with a little bit more so she is happy and energetic inthering, but she is already starting to push the boundaries and i am not going to have that she needs to listen when i ask a command of her.

i think because the other two were so easy i had preconceived ideas and as i haven't yet figured out her drive like tuggin or what not it is making it harder i swear the other two rotts are labs in disguise are secret hoovers :) lol

she was a hoover at her breeders but is so not here just wants to be difficult, i am not showing to the royal so will give us a break at least to reget into it so to speak maybe she is a bit bored with it, don't want that asshe is only a baby and i hope to have a long career with her in several disciplines

:laugh: Yes, previous well behaved easy to train dogs lull you into a false sense of security!! Our first ridgy girl was such an easy dog. A perfect first ridgy!! The second certainly brought us back down to earth :o .....Four years old and is just starting to act like a growed up dog :) .

When I resize some of the pics my sister took back in March :laugh: I will post some!! I am so excited about getting a new species!! I have had all sorts of animals over the years, but this will be my first camelid :) Its also a bit daunting, as I dont fully understand their temperaments, but I guess I will learn as I go!

i think because the other two were so easy i had preconceived ideas and as i haven't yet figured out her drive like tuggin or what not it is making it harder i swear the other two rotts are labs in disguise are secret hoovers :) lol

:laugh: Yes, previous well behaved easy to train dogs lull you into a false sense of security!! Our first ridgy girl was such an easy dog. A perfect first ridgy!! The second certainly brought us back down to earth :o .....Four years old and is just starting to act like a growed up dog :) .

gremlins rofl :)

Don't say that :eek: rofl i will send her back before then and swap her for her mother back hahahahahaha. then again it's been 8 months she might be naughty too hmm naughty puppy or naughty adult hard decision hahahahahaha.

she is getting strong and she throws that around a bit now too pulling, pulling backwards etc and the others didn't i am tiny and if she is already making me lose balance i need to get on top of it. last thing the breed needs is a misbhaved tenage rottweiler with no training :S

I had the opposite guys, the nightmare dog as my first, was interested in everything else but listening to me, so that made the next dog so much easier :laugh:

I will get through it she is like my life size teddy bear i fell for this pup from the moment she was born the first pic and she has just grown to delight, i just needed to vent lol. We will get there, I want to give Ptolomy and Bedazzled a run for their money rofl well eventually :laugh:

I will take a break from stand training for the time being and work on other training when we get there i may throw in a stand or two her mother was older before she stood still.

She is just so stubborn. she wouldn't stand tonight so trainer took her lol she kept moving too so it isn't just me she is just a typical female lol being a B is her life long dream i reckon ;P

When I taught Zola to stack, she would always pick up one on her back legs and put it forward! Or she wouldnt put it down at all.....So we sould have this back leg shaking thing going on, me hanging on, her moving it around :laugh: . Apparently her dad did it as well LOL!