Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Lincoln's litter was a cowboy theme and my shortlist was 23 names! :rofl: Lucky I managed to choose one! But his Dad is Silver Bullet, his grandsire Remington Steele (a type of gun) and his half sister is Hit The Mark. :D SO I went Western and Guns theme :rofl:

Whats his registered name?

Lincoln's litter was a cowboy theme and my shortlist was 23 names! :rofl: Lucky I managed to choose one! But his Dad is Silver Bullet, his grandsire Remington Steele (a type of gun) and his half sister is Hit The Mark. :D SO I went Western and Guns theme :rofl:

I love themes :rofl:

No idea... I had two ideas, both of which now to me seem boring!!

I've even considered the whole A litter, B litter C litter thing, and letting pet people choose their own names, but for my first litter i want it to be all mine!

:D I'm hoping my next dog I will be allowed to have some input into the registered name. It's one of the fun parts! :rofl: I'm certain if I had asked, Ruby's breeder would have let me. But as I had no idea about registered names then, I didn't ask, so she just chose something with her pet name in it for me and it came as a surprise when her papers arrived in the mail :rofl:

I was given first choice of Paddy's registered name - had a choice of three - Winner Takes It All, Super Trooper, and one other (there were three pups in the litter), I tossed up between the first two - if Paddy was to be a show pup, he would have been 'Winner Takes It All' but went for Super Trooper.

So he is Applewoode Supa Trooper (because Dogs West seem to have trouble spelling :rofl: )

Mas, the Ziwipeak costs about $30 for a 500gm (?) bag but it goes a long way so makes it quite economical.

Edited by Golden Rules

Is there anyplace in WA to buy Ziwipeak? :D

I've ordered it from Better Pets and Gardens in Midland :rofl: .

Did it take long?

ETA and how much?

I takes about 10 days/two weeks which it usually takes from Pookinuk to. It's cheaper than Pookinuk and you get your 10% discount to.

No idea... I had two ideas, both of which now to me seem boring!!

I've even considered the whole A litter, B litter C litter thing, and letting pet people choose their own names, but for my first litter i want it to be all mine!

:D I'm hoping my next dog I will be allowed to have some input into the registered name. It's one of the fun parts! :rofl: I'm certain if I had asked, Ruby's breeder would have let me. But as I had no idea about registered names then, I didn't ask, so she just chose something with her pet name in it for me and it came as a surprise when her papers arrived in the mail :o

I was given first choice of Paddy's registered name - had a choice of three - Winner Takes It All, Super Trooper, and one other (there were three pups in the litter), I tossed up between the first two - if Paddy was to be a show pup, he would have been 'Winner Takes It All' but went for Super Trooper.

So he is Applewoode Supa Trooper (because the Dogs West seem to have trouble spelling :rofl: )

Mas, the Ziwipeak costs about $30 for a 500gm (?) bag but it goes a long way so makes it quite economical.

It's a 1kg bag :D and I think it's about $25 with your discount. I usually get the 5kg bag though :rofl: .

Hey guys if you have me on your facebook I'm not mentioning the pup on my page just because I don't want people from my work to know, I'm paranoid about too many people knowing, but no one I work with is on DOL so I'll post plenty of updates here :D . Thanks :rofl: .

Is there anyplace in WA to buy Ziwipeak? :D

I've ordered it from Better Pets and Gardens in Midland :rofl: .

Did it take long?

ETA and how much?

I takes about 10 days/two weeks which it usually takes from Pookinuk to. It's cheaper than Pookinuk and you get your 10% discount to.

I might have to invest in some, maybe next payday, I am just putting together all the pics I want and there are like 20 i want plus I want 2 metallic enlargements.

I don't think I would like free range to choose a name, I would get awfully confused as I am very indecisive! But I would love to be given a theme or something to work from and then come up with something. Or at the bare minimum, have a few from the breeder to choose from :D I know it's superficial but I don't want something really horrible! Ruby's is pretty boring as it is :rofl:

I had a few to choose from, the other one I could have chosen had the word Amber in it and it just did not suit so we got Freeman :rofl::o

Is that why Mason was called Mason? (Fremasons? )

It's a 1kg bag :) and I think it's about $25 with your discount. I usually get the 5kg bag though :D .

Thank you, I was being lazy and couldn't be bothered going to look at the bag :rofl:

I don't think I would like free range to choose a name, I would get awfully confused as I am very indecisive! But I would love to be given a theme or something to work from and then come up with something. Or at the bare minimum, have a few from the breeder to choose from :D I know it's superficial but I don't want something really horrible! Ruby's is pretty boring as it is :rofl:

I had a few to choose from, the other one I could have chosen had the word Amber in it and it just did not suit so we got Freeman :rofl::o

Is that why Mason was called Mason? (Fremasons? )

It's a 1kg bag :) and I think it's about $25 with your discount. I usually get the 5kg bag though :D .

Thank you, I was being lazy and couldn't be bothered going to look at the bag :rofl:

No I had his name all picked out when he was like 5 weeks, his registered name came after :)

No I had his name all picked out when he was like 5 weeks, his registered name came after :D

I had "Ruby" picked out long before she was even conceived :rofl: So when she was born, we knew which one she was quite early on so the breeder was calling her Ruby for me before I picked her up so she already was responding to her name :D And that's how her registered name has Ruby in it. Quite a boring story :rofl: Would have been more interesting had it been something like "Ruby Tuesday" or "Ruby Slippers" or something :o

Just re-measured my two for cool coats (managed to offlead mine so going to repurchase smaller sizes :rofl:) and it is looking like I might even go for the 20"! Downsizing from 24". Who bought the 20"? I remember someone with a smaller dog (Tiggy or mirawee with one of their Banjo's?) getting 20" so can't believe I need to consider that size for a Lab. It might be a fraction too short on Ruby but I would rather it not hang over her tail any.

no more news on char pups... but i'll definitely get to see them soon - i can't wait til they're up and about!

How exciting! :D Pictures are a must!

Anyone else doing the open show Sunday?

I will be there i am not showing but will have kelari i am there as support for a friend with a rotti feel free to come say hi :rofl: i will have kelari on her pink bling show lead.

as for registered names i am trying ot come up with some to do with love or something as my girls litter is due on my 5th wedding anniversary :rofl:

my first rotti Chandra the breeder asked for suggestions the theme was Total so prefix Total i chose Nv To All or i also had ENvious (i think) but went NV To All and Kelari as she is out of my girl Chandra. we helped choose the whole litters names and we settled on Dare T Dream for her :rofl:

now need some clever catchy love type ones :o

My first litter was a chocolate theme hence Choc Chip, Top Deck (Dekka).... and the second litter had to have Classic in the name (god only knows why - I think I wanted Ptolomy Western Classic which was disallowed - so we had to go back to the drawing board! I suck at coming up with names :laugh: