Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Ok guys what size should I get for a midget BC :thumbsup: . I am confused with who has ordered what size and what has fitted and what hasn't.

Are you guys going on the back lenth measurement or the girth measurement when you have decided.

Trying to avoid getting the wrong size :thumbsup: .

so will anyone notice if they are minus a dog in a cool coat :thumbsup:

Take the smallest grumpiest one please :thumbsup:

Or the biggest dopey one! :D

But you have to bring him back (with some tricks :thumbsup: )

Yeah the third dog "polly" is an adorable and apprently talanted Chessie!

ness I haven't got mine yet but I ordered Banjo a 20", the girth measurement is just if you need a smaller or bigger girth than the one it comes with, Banjo's should just fit :thumbsup: .

Edited by Tiggy

So the people who all got coats that were too big for your dogs ( :thumbsup: ) Did you order the exact size corresponding to your dog's measurement or did you order a size bigger? Need to know if I need to order one size down for Kyzer because of his stupid tail.

In Summer we are not going to be able to tell our dogs apart because they will all be wearing the same cool coats :thumbsup:

yes but that will be helpful for when I steal a Toller :D

:thumbsup: I was just going to say then noone would notice that I "accidentally" take Cider home :thumbsup:

Hmm think I need either a 20 or a 22 does that sound about right for a small BC.

ETA How do you think Kenz compares in size to Toby ValleyCBR?

I didn't actually get my hands on her properly to feel her size under that coat ( :thumbsup: ) but Toby's fits around his neck and length quite snug but otherwise fine but the girth is WAY off! he has a really big and wide rib cage though (the unknown bull breed in him). They are a similar length and she is obviously shorter then Toby but with all her hair the neck diamater would probably similar.... so in other words no help :thumbsup:

ETA 20 or 22 sounds about right... I think Toby will be getting a 22 next time

Edited by valleyCBR

Banjo (52ishcm Kelpie) fits his 22" with just a small amount of overhang. The same rug also fits a 50.5cm Aussie bitch perfectly. Banjo takes 55cm in his polar fleece rugs. So if you measure and your dog is just over a cut off size go for the smaller size :thumbsup:

RS, OzJen is still tossing up breeding Jenna and J is still tossing up breeding Abbey and/or Asha within the next year :thumbsup:

Kenz is very little across the front :thumbsup: . Thats my problem with coats nothing fits her. Her Silver Eagle one is a 61cm but it swims on her across the front. She wears a 22"/56cm weatherbeeta winter one and that fits her nicely.

She is a pocket rocket 45cm tall and only 14kg = "think Spryte size you agility peoples :thumbsup: ".

Will have a proper measure tonight though I think.

Edited by ness

Kenz is very little across the front :thumbsup: . Thats my problem with coats nothing fits her. Her Silver Eagle one is a 61cm but it swims on her across the front. She weathers a 22"/56cm weatherbeeta winter one and that fits her nicely.

She is a pocket rocket 45cm tall and only 14kg = "think Spryte size you agility peoples :thumbsup: ".

Will have a proper measure tonight though I think.

If she fits the 22" weatherbeeta go the 22" then :) They aren't that loose around the front (I wouldn't want Banjo's any tighter). If needed and it is too big you could always take it in a little bit yourself ;) I am constantly having to put darts in my horses' rugs as they are too loose around the neck :thumbsup: Or fly over and try Banjo's on :D