Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Kenz is very little across the front :D . Thats my problem with coats nothing fits her. Her Silver Eagle one is a 61cm but it swims on her across the front. She weathers a 22"/56cm weatherbeeta winter one and that fits her nicely.

She is a pocket rocket 45cm tall and only 14kg = "think Spryte size you agility peoples :love: ".

Will have a proper measure tonight though I think.

If she fits the 22" weatherbeeta go the 22" then :laugh: They aren't that loose around the front (I wouldn't want Banjo's any tighter). If needed and it is too big you could always take it in a little bit yourself :laugh: I am constantly having to put darts in my horses' rugs as they are too loose around the neck :) Or fly over and try Banjo's on :love:

and if that's too big try my Banjo's on :love: you might as well just move here ;)

Was actually thinking after I posted that she could try on both Banjos' rugs :love:

Oh and not only am I putting up with puppy photos on here- Winpara put up some new photos on her FB page and I WANT A BC NOW too! A BC, Aussie or Kelpie?

aussie,aussie,aussie, oi,oi,oi!!!! :love:

aussie,aussie,aussie, oi,oi,oi!!!! ;)

Kelpies and BC are more Australian than Aussie Shepherds though :D Actually I am unlikely not to get a Kelpie... BC and Aussies require grooming, trimming and chalk for the show ring :)

Well all you lot are making me jealous with puppy photos so I have decided I need a new four legged animal :D

Just waiting to hear back from the Cat Haven to see if they have anything suitable to be our new mouser (apparently Mum saw a big rat the other day too :) ) Our old barn cat unfortunately had cancer and was put to sleep at the beginning of winter so the mice have been having a grand time. Hopefully that will change soon :love:

The lady on the phone laughed at my requirements of no white on the face ;) But after our last two white marked two cats having cancer (ears and nose affected) it just is not an option! And she understood when I told her why :love:

Go Mirawee! Did you tell her how many dogs you have? :D

What does that matter? :) Cat will be an outside cat - well living in the hay shed - which is why I don't just go in and choose any cat and the dogs don't go near them that often - and if they do they will only chase if the cat runs :love: I tried to convince Banjo to try and catch some mice the other day for me but he just looked at me and went off to find some horse hoof instead ;)

I can't imagine having a cat now. But when we had livestock on the property i wanted a shed cat to get the mice so i get the whole barn cat thing :) My breeders have a cat and they teach thier dogs to be cat friendly by taking them to meet the cats when they are real small and the cats can bash them up... they steer clear of cats after that! :D

I can't imagine having a cat now. But when we had livestock on the property i wanted a shed cat to get the mice so i get the whole barn cat thing :love: My breeders have a cat and they teach thier dogs to be cat friendly by taking them to meet the cats when they are real small and the cats can bash them up... they steer clear of cats after that! :D

I still have one cat at my place although she lives outside the front of the house :love: She is 16yo though so doesn't tend to wander down to the sheds to keep the mice population on alert for me though :) She is often at the front door and when I let the dogs out they end up bolting out and have to jump her ;) Most of our cats have lived well into their teens :love: Will be nice to have a new barn cat around as I miss being harrassed when feeding the horses (our last barn cat was very vocal :love: )

ETA: And most of our cats have been ferals who turned up in our sheds (either as kittens or half grown). The last time I deliberately went and got a cat was about 20 years or more ago :love:

Edited by mirawee

ooooh i miss my cat so much :) i couldn't get a cat now - Ari was brought up with our cat but i'd be worried about bringing another in with her around.

Mason is really good with the cats, he only met them at 5 months as the cats were in quarantine. He only chases them if Socks ( the one in my profile pic) does crazy cat zoomies, Mason joins in and Socks does not appreciate it :D My ridgy's had the cats from the beginning and they never got over chasing them and they would try hurt them, they were never cat friendly, I tried me best to help them get along but i had no success.

Hi,

popping to ask if anyone knows of a good canine chiropracter to take Duke to. His lamness has had hip flexor and HD ruled out (extremely good hips), but still has pain so I am thinking pinched nerve. Vet agrees it's probably worth doing before jumping onto drugs but does not know of any.

Thanks in advance,

ChristineX

Hi,

popping to ask if anyone knows of a good canine chiropracter to take Duke to. His lamness has had hip flexor and HD ruled out (extremely good hips), but still has pain so I am thinking pinched nerve. Vet agrees it's probably worth doing before jumping onto drugs but does not know of any.

Thanks in advance,

ChristineX

Hi Christine

I would suggest Deb Newhook who does acupuncture ..... Ptolomy has her contact details. I used to take my big boy for his hips and knees - we had about 6 or 8 sessions all up, and haven't needed to go back for over 12 months now.

She is right upfront about what she can/can't do so would be worth speaking with her. :rofl:

Good luck! :rofl:

If any DOLers work in the city, look out for the Xolos, Jacqi and myself around town

we will be there shaking a tin for the RSPCA

Will you only be in the malls? If you wander down towards the west side of the city I can come say hi and meet the Xolos :rofl: But I doubt you will leave the mall where you can get most donations :rofl: