Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Both my dogs are giant freaks with bung ears, where's the fun in having a dog that adheres to the breed standard anyway :thumbsup:

I can join the club. Ruby is actually too short by the looks of it!

ANKC website:

Bitches 55 - 56 cms (21.5 - 22 ins) at withers

Ruby is 53cm and Millie is about 52-52.5cm! I sure wouldn't have thought so, maybe the svelte body makes their legs look longer therefore making them look tall, when really that aren't!

I don't think Ruby is the only one either!

Funny how a lot of breeds go oversize yet the labs are smaller!

PS I do love my little freak dogs and wouldn't change their munted ears, and hopefully longer legs make them jump and run better :thumbsup:

Most heights in standards have an allowance. Ie Lappies are plus or minus 2.5cm. And most have the clause "type is more important than size" :thumbsup:

Banjo is 1cm over height for a kelpie according to his official measure. However I do wonder how he got measured at 52cm given he is shorter than Robi who was measured at 51.5cm! I have always measured him around 51cm :thumbsup:

Edited by mirawee

I don't think Ruby is the only one. Would love to see them bring out the wicket at shows

:) There's something else they should bring out, too :love: :D

:love: They can do that too I think! But they would all be to scared to, don't think there would be a dog left in many breeds. ;)

Ari is within standard but right at the top... 65cm she is a big girl!!

yesterday while reading the standard for ES, i realised that James, who stands less than 65cm, comes in at less than standard for males and spartan just scrapes in standing at 65cm... So James would never have made it as a showdog anyway!! plus his ears are too short and still won't grow coat on them after all these years!

Dump him is right!! he seems to prefer the weis over the ES... which makes it very hard for me to get another ES!! (and way too easy for me to get another weim...)

RSG just posted these in the Stafford thread. My little girl is getting cuter :D .
Yoshimi, getting ready to come and get me

IMG_2018.jpg

Here I come

IMG_2050.jpg

Aww Tiggy she is too cute! I had a staff growing up and I just loved her.

As for the Cool Coats, I maybe had rocks in my heard and ordered a 28" - but then again the front just fits and they dont adjust which I think is a bit odd..... the back is like 4 inches too long though - but his coat from City Farmers is a 26" and is too short down his back so I think these cool coats are a big generous in length.

Wish I could see the obedience on sat night but I have so much on between now and Monday that I dont think I could fit it in, plus if I did come it would be without the black knight and that means he will be home alone all day and night between now and monday ....

Well home to torture my midget - she is somewhere between 20 and 22" but she is only tiny has a girth measurement of 23.5" :D . So will see what Ptolomy's verdict is over the 18" but I suspect she might be right with what size I need.

Edited by ness

I don't think Ruby is the only one. Would love to see them bring out the wicket at shows

:love: They can do that too I think! But they would all be to scared to, don't think there would be a dog left in many breeds. ;)

i am confused lol someone want to clue me in???

I am assuming RS means scales? However I just checked and thier is no weight on the Lab standard.

Edited by valleyCBR

;) There's something else they should bring out, too :love: :D

:love: They can do that too I think! But they would all be to scared to, don't think there would be a dog left in many breeds. :love:

I have no idea either :)

I am assuming RS means scales? However I just checked and thier is on weight on the Lab standard.

Hmm, well my guys would be fine with scales as most working breeds don't have a weight standard :love: Plus the last judge who mentioned Banjo's weight told me I needed to get him fatter :love:

I am assuming RS means scales? However I just checked and thier is no weight on the Lab standard.

my non show male would fail then lol he is above height and weight rofl