Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Same here, not a drop so far :laugh: Big clouds all around but I think moving east....

Ptolomy how is down your way now? Should be going to training tonight, but I have a bit of a thunder storm phobia so not sure if I'm brave enough to come out or not :laugh::laugh:

Hope you're ok Mason ;)

I think they have storms down Armadale way at the moment CC, so if you are spooked by the storms, maybe best to stay home.

eta - storm warning for down that way is still current.

Edited by Golden Rules

Well it didn't miss us. Trees down everywhere including one next to my house which had to be removed anyway as it was dead. No power though as powerlines are across the road. And for us no power equals no water. So I think I will be a bit smelly at work tomorrow. At least no ponies injured themselves though :thumbsup:

And it is still so humid and hot :)

We had no power until 12am this morning, trees down everywhere, newagency roof collapsed and stores flooded, roofs torn off by a mini tornado thing we had up here. Will try stop on my way out and post pics of the trees down on Drumpelier drive, so so hectic and scary. I posted a news link on my FB page if anyone wants to have a look at the clip. I went training though, storm had passed and no power so not much else to do lol. Did a tiny bit of heelwork and then we just did retrieving

Mason was terrified, I am going to admit the thunder was deafening at one stage, loudest I have heard in Perth so far. We get hectic storms where we come from but this one was pretty bad. We had hail and it sounded like someone was throwing stones at my house. Think he picked up on the cats because they hate storms and he fed off them.

I missed all the storm action! The rain hit my place while I was either at work/on my way home from work. I went training as well, even though I couldn't be bothered cos I have heaps to do at home, and the power was out so we had to squish 20 mins of training in before it was too dark! Turned out ok though, should only be doing that amount anyway!

I went to training last night and it was SO humid, I went home with my clothes drenched :rofl: Paddles didn't perform too well either, think it was just too hot to train.

I saw the damage the storm did on TV Mason! Was a ripper! Glad we didn't end up with any of that action!

I didn't get to see the news footage, bummer!

The most "damage" I came home to was next door's palm tree had yet another dead branch in my yard. I am throwing them back over. Speaking of palm trees and neighbours, can anyone offer any advice on what I should do? They have this palm tree in their front yard on the fence line which overhangs my backyard, and it must be that time of year that those berries start forming because the branch bit has opened up now, exposing berries that I am sure will ripen and start falling in my yard in the coming months. Now we know Labs eat anything and these berries have caused nasty blockages in dogs (some resulting in death :rofl:), so how would I approach the subject of having them removed with neighbours I have barely spoken to? The most we've said is Hi on passing, and I'm too shy to approach them about it :D The tree is too tall to take a normal ladder to it to hack the berry pod down. I spent several hundred dollars getting a palm tree in my own yard removed before I moved in to ensure the dogs could not ingest any of the berries, and now I have the neighbours one to worry about! I HATE PALM TREES :D

Edited by RubyStar

yep aussies are on Sunday too Ravenau :(

Thanks SparkyTansy :( Looks like I will be there on Sunday and Monday nights.

i know hey this weather is getting ridiculous i can not keep cool and it is knocking me for six making me so tired. suffering at work as i am so exhausted and drained from the heat i can not work liek i normally do *(being pregnant doesn't help lol)

I wont be there fri but am entgered sat and sun. ravenau come say hi on sun i have rottis i wil be set up with about six of them and i have red hair you can't miss me think i will wear my white suit too :D

i got a friend exhibiting for me on sat if i don't make it due to a wedding reception but thankfully it should of cooled off enough by the time they get to the ring.

i will be bringing food though rofl

I will come and say hi to you and your lovely doggies :) I lurve rottis!

Who are you going to see? We're of to Tim Minchin on the friday night, but I know he's doing saturday too.

[

Yes, it's Tim Minchin on the Saturday night :) We've seen him a couple of times now and he's fantastic, my OH is a big, big fan of his. They're forecasting rain now for the Sat night though :D :rofl:

Edited by ravenau1

We had no power until 12am this morning,

Lucky you :rofl: We still don't have power and Western Power have no idea when we will get it back!

When I left home at 8am we had no power either.... we pinched joshs mum n dads generator for the night when WP decided that estimated restoration time was changed from 7pm, till 10pm then till unknown..

Kept our fridge, hot water system and a fan for the bedroom running!

When I left home at 8am we had no power either.... we pinched joshs mum n dads generator for the night when WP decided that estimated restoration time was changed from 7pm, till 10pm then till unknown..

Our generator is being used to keep the fish alive as they need oxygen in their water. We have already had about 150 die :rofl:

Still no power at home (luckily I am at work) Anyone know how long power needs to be out before you can claim from WP? I have some horse vaccinations in the fridge which are likely no good now (and aren't cheap!) as well as food etc.

Our generator is being used to keep the fish alive as they need oxygen in their water. We have already had about 150 die :rofl:

Still no power at home (luckily I am at work) Anyone know how long power needs to be out before you can claim from WP? I have some horse vaccinations in the fridge which are likely no good now (and aren't cheap!) as well as food etc.

I don't know about claiming from the power company, but a few years ago we lost a freezer full of stuff due to a power outage and we were able to claim it through contents insurance.

Power needs to be out for 12 hours or more to make a claim. It's only $80 though, but I guess better than nothing. When I claimed last year it took them ages.

I did know, but have forgotten, but what I do know is that WP are a biyatch to get it from. You do an online claim for it, then they don't pay you because they state the power wasn't out for that long! Happened to me during that last big hail storm we had, power was out for over 12 hours which means I could claim, but they haven't paid me. They didn't pay Dad either so he chased them up and they swore it wasn't out for that long, he fought with them and got the money. I just can't be arsed chasing them up, but I did lose a freezer full of my own meat and the dog's meat.

I didn't get to see the news footage, bummer!

The most "damage" I came home to was next door's palm tree had yet another dead branch in my yard. I am throwing them back over. Speaking of palm trees and neighbours, can anyone offer any advice on what I should do? They have this palm tree in their front yard on the fence line which overhangs my backyard, and it must be that time of year that those berries start forming because the branch bit has opened up now, exposing berries that I am sure will ripen and start falling in my yard in the coming months. Now we know Labs eat anything and these berries have caused nasty blockages in dogs (some resulting in death :laugh: ), so how would I approach the subject of having them removed with neighbours I have barely spoken to? The most we've said is Hi on passing, and I'm too shy to approach them about it :D The tree is too tall to take a normal ladder to it to hack the berry pod down. I spent several hundred dollars getting a palm tree in my own yard removed before I moved in to ensure the dogs could not ingest any of the berries, and now I have the neighbours one to worry about! I HATE PALM TREES :rofl:

Hmm Lexi got a blockage from eating an orange palm berry at it cost me $1800 but luckily I had a dog at the end of it. I know you don't want to but you really need to discuss it with the owners, or get your dad to :cheer: