Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

How are your nerves holding up, Mas2009 and mirawee? :)

I remember the loo was my best friend the day of my first trial :) TMI? :hug:

Well my double chocolate chip cookie baking attempt was an epic fail. They are more like mini cakes than biscuits :o But it's all I have to snack on at the trial so I'll still bring them with a sign that says consume at your own risk. Shoulda stuck to my old faithfuls and not try something new!!!! Brownies or honeycomb slice next time! Though I doubt I will have time tomorrow for agility, I'm squeezing in some retrieving training in in the morning :laugh: Crazy, yep I think so!!! :cry:

Edited by RubyStar

How are your nerves holding up, Mas2009 and mirawee? :)

I remember the loo was my best friend the day of my first trial :) TMI? :hug:

Well my double chocolate chip cookie baking attempt was an epic fail. They are more like mini cakes than biscuits :o But it's all I have to snack on at the trial so I'll still bring them with a sign that says consume at your own risk. Shoulda stuck to my old faithfuls and not try something new!!!! Brownies or honeycomb slice next time! Though I doubt I will have time tomorrow for agility, I'm squeezing in some retrieving training in in the morning :laugh: Crazy, yep I think so!!! :cry:

I bought some mini cupcakes to share tonight :cry: Surprisingly I have been fine nerve wise the whole day - what will be will be and no reason for me to get nervous although I am a little. More excited than nervous i think . Merriwee is lucky as she has been judged before in agility, first time in a real trial for me :mad

I bought some mini cupcakes to share tonight :) Surprisingly I have been fine nerve wise the whole day - what will be will be and no reason for me to get nervous although I am a little. More excited than nervous i think . Merriwee is lucky as she has been judged before in agility, first time in a real trial for me :cry:

I think this is why at my first agility trial, I wasn't nervous. Being already in the ring before for obedience, and considerably longer than an agility round, prepares you for the 20-30 secs or whatever you're in the agility ring :hug: I was so nervous for my first obedience trial that I forgot to have a jackpot prepared outside the ring, and poor Ruby is standing there still unrewarded while I'm chatting away in my relief for it to be over :laugh: I remember Ptolomy shoving handfuls of food in my hand to hurry up and get a reward into her :o Bad mummy I am :)

Ah all ready for a busy weekend! 2 sibes are bathed ready for tomorrow nights show- I hope they stay clean, I don't usually bath them so early! I have my police entrance exams tomorrow 9-4.15 then rushing straight from joondalup to pick up sibes and go to show- hopefully I make it on time!

Taking 3 dogs to show on my own on sunday (2 sibes and the soft coated wheaten) so that will be fun! :hug:

Then up early monday and off to Soundwave fesitval/concert at claremont showgrounds... which goes all day/night.

Thank god I have tuesday off! :laugh:

Ah all ready for a busy weekend! 2 sibes are bathed ready for tomorrow nights show- I hope they stay clean, I don't usually bath them so early! I have my police entrance exams tomorrow 9-4.15 then rushing straight from joondalup to pick up sibes and go to show- hopefully I make it on time!

Taking 3 dogs to show on my own on sunday (2 sibes and the soft coated wheaten) so that will be fun! :thumbsup:

Then up early monday and off to Soundwave fesitval/concert at claremont showgrounds... which goes all day/night.

Thank god I have tuesday off! :thumbsup:

I"ll help you on sunday if you promise if you make it on time tomorrow to help mel and jase with my girls :o fair deal?? and good luck tomorrow

Was hoping that everyone competing tonight would have their results up, but only know how Mirrawee went. Hope that means you all did great and are hanging around for the presentation. Wanted to come tonight but feel like s...t, what a great way to start my two weeks of holidays. If I look like a drunken sailor tomorrow night, I promise I haven't been drinking, but I am hoping that I will wake up normal tomorrow, well as normal as I get anyway. :thumbsup:

Mirawee did so well tonight especially considering it was her first trial.

Labrat made the most yummy chocolate cake and Rubystars bickies looked terrific too :thumbsup:

Caffy had a good night with Snazzy coming 2nd in Open and Bedazzled and Brookie took out UD. Andrea and Smudge took out Open, Ann with Trick won CCD and Janice and Rusty won novice.

Hope everyone is doing well at the Classic! Unfortunately cant make it :thumbsup: its just too late for me to be trekking it home on the trains and stuff by myself and can't drag anyone to come with me

Rach you're more than welcome to stay at mine any of the nights you wanna come down to watch.

and Rubystars bickies looked terrific too :thumbsup:

Yep, LOOKED :D :D

Congrats again mirawee and to all the other winners and grinners! I wasn't a winner, not even a pass for either of my girls, but I am still a grinner! Millie bombed on the final exercise, she didn't drop all the way down, but otherwise gave a great round :thumbsup: Ruby managed to do her heelwork, though I still can't overcome that distraction she gets on the final straight down the ring back towards where all the people are, she loses most concentration at that point. She stayed with me though :D Then we bombed on stand for exam, she wanted to give the judge a tongue bath :D :o Very happy with my kids, and a pass will come in its own time!! :rofl:

Well I don't get nervous at agility trials but I can safely say I do at obedience! Luckily Varda put up with my short comings and was a star! I think I lost all the points or miscued her to lose the points :o But 92 and 2nd place so I am very happy. But now I have finally done my first trial I hopefully will be better at the next one :thumbsup:

Mason did well up until the stays then go tired :D

Labrat's cake was yummy as always and RS's biscuits were no where near as bad as she was making out :thumbsup:

Now onwards for agility and showing!

LOL I totally agree with that Ptolomy - especially with a dog who has taken to lying down in the last week or so :thumbsup::thumbsup::o :D :D . I mean seriously who thought that was a sensible exercise to include in obedience anyway - the dogs all know if there going to be left for any length of time they might as well get themselves comfy in a drop.