Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

hey labrab sorry i didnt get to meet you, i didnt really know what i was looking for.

Hey guys what microchip registry are you with?? i know there are a few, just dont know if one is any better than the others.

Well done to all those people who got passes in obedience and agility

:rofl::) No worries ncarter.......Im sure there were people I said I would try and track down and didnt!!!! There will be other shows :p

Were you carrying round a Papillion???? If so - I saw you! But it just didnt click....I am blonde you see ;)

Next show Ill be at will be the Ridgy Club show on the 30th April, if anyone else is showing other breeds that day.

Just had a pretendy run with Zola to see if her attitude had changed, but as soon as I put her show collar on, down came the ears and the attitude changed almost instantaneously....so I may take her for a social outing, but wont be showing :) Shes such a dag! Not even food or cutesy noises will change her demeanour...Oh, well :o

do you need to handle her on her show lead or can you build her confidence up just using her everyday collar and lead?

hey labrab sorry i didnt get to meet you, i didnt really know what i was looking for.

Hey guys what microchip registry are you with?? i know there are a few, just dont know if one is any better than the others.

Well done to all those people who got passes in obedience and agility

:rofl::) No worries ncarter.......Im sure there were people I said I would try and track down and didnt!!!! There will be other shows :p

Were you carrying round a Papillion???? If so - I saw you! But it just didnt click....I am blonde you see ;)

Next show Ill be at will be the Ridgy Club show on the 30th April, if anyone else is showing other breeds that day.

Just had a pretendy run with Zola to see if her attitude had changed, but as soon as I put her show collar on, down came the ears and the attitude changed almost instantaneously....so I may take her for a social outing, but wont be showing :) Shes such a dag! Not even food or cutesy noises will change her demeanour...Oh, well :o

do you need to handle her on her show lead or can you build her confidence up just using her everyday collar and lead?

If she is anything like my ridgies were you can practice till the cows come home and then get to the show and they freak out!!

Ptolomy - Dont think Ive tried another handler, not so sure it would change her :D

OsOSwift & Emery - Yep, tried with her normal collar and "walkies" lead....When I try to stack her, no go....

Im not so worried, she'd only be in the neuter class, which is one whole class each year ;) so I dont really care one way or the other. Was just a maybe, but now a not..LOL, may take her for a social outing instead...She really is just a anxious boofer!!!

Ive been far too little work with her regarding her anxieties, but with 8 weeks off soon, I intend to up that training and really help her (and me) out!

I would like to take her back to training too, but it will take time :)

Ptolomy - Dont think Ive tried another handler, not so sure it would change her :D

OsOSwift & Emery - Yep, tried with her normal collar and "walkies" lead....When I try to stack her, no go....

Im not so worried, she'd only be in the neuter class, which is one whole class each year ;) so I dont really care one way or the other. Was just a maybe, but now a not..LOL, may take her for a social outing instead...She really is just a anxious boofer!!!

Ive been far too little work with her regarding her anxieties, but with 8 weeks off soon, I intend to up that training and really help her (and me) out!

I would like to take her back to training too, but it will take time :)

hang in there LR it can be done..... proof in the Xolos ! lol

Ptolomy - Dont think Ive tried another handler, not so sure it would change her :laugh:

Im not so worried, she'd only be in the neuter class, which is one whole class each year :D so I dont really care one way or the other. Was just a maybe, but now a not..LOL, may take her for a social outing instead...She really is just a anxious boofer!!!

I would like to take her back to training too, but it will take time :D

hang in there LR it can be done..... proof in the Xolos ! lol

Havent given up WX, just been very slack!! She has improved slightly with the bit I have done! I must email poor Garth and tell him we are going along ok - he probably thinks were another lost cause LOL!!!

She will actually tolerate being hugged now while wagging her tail and without pulling away - so we have actually moved forward!

Was good to see you and the crew on Friday too! :)

Have you tried training her to walk into a free stack??

My friend even got her dog to wag it's tail on command with clicker training as the dog when she got her really didn't like the ring.

It worked very well, and she actually learned to like it after a little while.

Guest RosieFT

ugh tried to copy and paste but not working.. my husband works for Murdoch uni and has had a flyer come around so i thought i would put the info here..

The murdoch uni vets are holding a charity dog wash, Sunday march 13th from 10am to 4pm. at Murdoch Uni equine barn - carpark 9

$15 (wash, dry AND free vet check-up)

BBQ, Raffle + cutest dog contest.

All proceeds to WA assistance Dogs and Greyhounds as pets.

Have you tried training her to walk into a free stack??

My friend even got her dog to wag it's tail on command with clicker training as the dog when she got her really didn't like the ring.

It worked very well, and she actually learned to like it after a little while.

Abit like people, I was once told that the best way to not be shy around people is to play act at being confident. Have to admit it did help alot I am not nearly as shy as I use to be although I would not say I'm a confident person either and I still struggle in some situations.

I have never thought to try it with a dog but it sounds like it has worked for your friends dog. Although thinking about it I suppose Click to Calm and Control Unleashed do work on similar principles.

Haven't read about those?, but as soon as you tried to place her she roached her back, clamped her tail and looked really crapped off at the world.

So she was taught to walk into a stack and would kick her back legs back to the correct spot, start wagging her tail and then she would drop the tip of her nose so her neck was slightly arched. She looked great and looked happy to be there.

ugh tried to copy and paste but not working.. my husband works for Murdoch uni and has had a flyer come around so i thought i would put the info here..

The murdoch uni vets are holding a charity dog wash, Sunday march 13th from 10am to 4pm. at Murdoch Uni equine barn - carpark 9

$15 (wash, dry AND free vet check-up)

BBQ, Raffle + cutest dog contest.

All proceeds to WA assistance Dogs and Greyhounds as pets.

Woohoo I love it when they do these! I'll be taking my 3 along and maybe the foster dog! So look out for 4 corgis :laugh:

WE had a great night last night at the teams event - "Obedience Challenge" (Brookie, Glory, Alex and Scoota) came within a second of knocking off the sheep station real agility people for top jumping team. Not bad for a bunch of oldies 3 of which haven't done any agility training in a long long time :laugh:

Thanks Teamies :laugh:

Well we had a great night Saturday and Sunday with Charlie. He got BOB both nights and Sunday was shortlisted for group :cheer: His daughter, Abby, got Baby in Group on Saturday :)

My breeder was over from Victoria and won Puppy in Show on Saturday night with her Weimaraner :laugh:

Unfortunately i was so busy getting Charlie ready on both days and running around I didn't really get to see much of anyone :) I went to see agility on Sunday with RV and finally met Brookie plus of course saw all the red kids which was nice :clap:

LabRat looks like we missed each other again and sorry I didn't get to meet your baby pap ncarter.

Well done to everyone in obedience and agility this weekend with your amazing and clever dogs :clap: Even without passes, those dogs are just amazing!!

WE had a great night last night at the teams event - "Obedience Challenge" (Brookie, Glory, Alex and Scoota) came within a second of knocking off the sheep station real agility people for top jumping team. Not bad for a bunch of oldies 3 of which haven't done any agility training in a long long time :clap:

Thanks Teamies :)

Woot woot!!!

And mine and Rusky's team Lab Tested... and Failed (although unfortunately Rusky couldn't run her dog last night :() moved up from last place to 3rd last!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :):laugh::clap::cheer: