Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

HI there - OK you can't just barge in and say Hi - we need to know more.......

Ha ha sorry, bit rude of me :laugh: ok

I live in Esperance with 2 kids and my 2 gorgeous Dogue De Bordeaux's Zeus is my big boy his 3 and Memphis is girl is almost 2. Memphis is a new addition to our family but she very quickly stole our hearts with her soft gentle nature. I'd love to get into showing, but Esperance is just to far to travel with 2 young kids :(

Zeuspost-39717-0-50469700-1306029930_thumb.jpg post-39717-0-69934400-1306031523_thumb.jpg

Memphispost-39717-0-23131200-1306030877_thumb.jpg

Edited by stordimento

Welcome Stordimento - beautiful dogs :D I love DDB's and most other big red dogs :rofl:

I agree, travelling from Esperance to Perth for shows is a little too far!! I reckon travelling from where I live (near Donnybrook in the SW) is too far!!!

Feel free to post as many pics of your gorgeous dogs as you like :D

Oh and we managed to escape for a night with no kids!!! Usually leave around 5 am Saturday and get back by around 4 to 7 pm Sunday depending on how we go on the sunday. We are usually very tired but have had a great time :)

Edited by OSoSwift

Went to the dog's day out breakfast community event in viveash today, took kelari and chance. Got so many lovely comments on how well behaved they were and that they are so friendly and chance even won a variety of dog treats :D very happy. had our photo taken as a family for the shire newsletter :D

Had one lady come for cuddles and couldn't believe that we have only had chance a week and a half as he was so well behaved.

PROUD MUMMA

Hello, I am also from Esperance and have two small kids :)

We do go to ALbany if you would like to join in a car and camping Convoy - the more the merrier :)

Oh and we managed to escape for a night with no kids!!! Usually leave around 5 am Saturday and get back by around 4 to 7 pm Sunday depending on how we go on the sunday. We are usually very tired but have had a great time :)

Hey!

Since i've never actually shown before I'd love to come have a look next time it's on before i start looking at getting into it. Is there other people that go from Esperance? I've only just moved here recently so i don't have any baby sitters so it isn't going to be a kid free night for me but I'm sure they would love it, i'm not so sure that other people would love having them there though :confused:

Welcome Stordimento! :wave:

My two DDB's Moose & Chevy, send big woofs to Memphis & Zeus! :D

Heeeyyyy Moose and Chevy :D

gosh they are good looking Dogues you have there! I'm sure that your so far away that play dates are out of the question...

Other people take their children so you are more than welcome to take yours. I am the only one that shows from here, but friends of mine trial their dogs so we all get together and help each other out.

You are more than welcome to come down to dog training on a Saturday from 1pm and catch up with us there, we could also so a bit of show training with you if you would like??

It is held on a small oval between the netball courts and Ports football oval.

The next shows/trials in Albany are in November. We are all planning on going :)

I am away from DOL for a weekend and get back to lots of posts! Love it when the thread keeps rolling :D Distracts me from things I need to do but don't want to, when there are posts to catch up on!

Congrats on your newest family member, emery! Looking forward to seeing you and Chance in the obedience ring at some stage thumbsup1.gif

Bugger about Mason with the fairies on Saturday, Candice :( I know what that is like!

Welcome stordimento!! Gorgeous dogs!

Speaking of photos, great shots, CC!! :)

Sorry to hear about Wandy's toe, LR :( Little buggers always hurting themself! And I hope you're feeling better!! eek1.gif

Millie hurt herself on Thursday night during agility training, she was weaving and pulled out midway in pain, screeching and holding her paw up. Right after I had just asked her to not break on me because I can't handle 2 broken dogs :rolleyes: I suspect she got her foot or claw caught in the pegs that hold the weave bases together :( After icing it, she was walking on it again and has been fine all weekend. But I decided to still pull her from today's agility trial because I want to give it a chance to completely heal, and not make it hurt again. Squeezing her paw she showed a bit of discomfort opposed to squeezing the other one, so I think the decision to scratch her was a wise one. Shame really, the novice agility course looked really nice and flowing and all we need is one more pass for her AD title!!

Some great news with Ruby, I can barely see a limp now! :cheer: She is on anti-inflammatories/pain relief medication so it could be masking it, but I am hopeful that after 10 days of medication it will come good and stay good. I'll be taking her back to training tomorrow night, but giving her light duties :)

Bahluddy heck it's gotten cold all of a sudden! I was trying to hold out til official Winter to put the heater and electric blanket on, but I caved tonight. The dogs looked cold ;) So they are both snuggled up in front of the heater, and haven't heard a peep out of them in a few hours now laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

What RS said! :laugh:

Welcome Stordimento. Welcome Chance ;) . Sorry to hear about Mason's bad performane Candice. Awesome pictures CC :thumbsup: (Still expecting a Brittany puppy photoshoot!) LR sorry to hear about Wandi!

The wet/cold/new grasses have set off Toby's allergies and sore leg. :( I hate winter.

RS glad to hear Ruby is doing better and it does not sound too serious with Millie. :)

No new puppy pics yet! But will share as soon as I have them - although they are only little orange and whote slugs atm.

Awww RV you must be so excited about the pup :) how many females are in the litter?? Cant wait to hear mid june if the litter i am interested in is actually conceived lol

Edited to add - sorry about Toby's allergies he must get very uncomfortable , i am happy because Mason is a lot better at the moment :)

Edited by Mason2009

Awww RV you must be so excited about the pup :) how many females are in the litter?? Cant wait to hear mid june if the litter i am interested in is actually conceived lol

Edited to add - sorry about Toby's allergies he must get very uncomfortable , i am happy because Mason is a lot better at the moment :)

There are only 4 ouos, two girls and two boys. One girl looks promising but will have to wait and see :)

Toby has not been itching too much but overnigh his red sore armpit has turned swollen and slimy... it smells like the bacteria we use in microbiology :vomit: Taking him to the vet to possibly get some AB's and some medicated cream (ours is past expiry date).

Its all wrong RV now is not the time for an allergy breakout. Happy for you to use this one and the fact that you are off to the vet tonight as a reason for not coming training LOL

Rubystar - Ruby can do sit stays with Soggy all night. We would also like to try something new with her and stays, so might enlist your help if you don't mind.

Stordimento thanks for posting photos of your kids - and welcome

Its all wrong RV now is not the time for an allergy breakout. Happy for you to use this one and the fact that you are off to the vet tonight as a reason for not coming training LOL

Rubystar - Ruby can do sit stays with Soggy all night. We would also like to try something new with her and stays, so might enlist your help if you don't mind.

Stordimento thanks for posting photos of your kids - and welcome

Ptolomy if you look back a week I outlined my training attendence then ;) This week no (big chem test & 2xpractical exam) next week yes, week after and the next week no (exam weeks) then yes for the rest of the year because I have learned my lesson and won't be stupid enough to take on more units then I can handle :D

Toby is usually allergy free all summer and breaks out in winter. The vet suggested that since all the grass is dead - no reaction and he only reacts to green grass and my super clued in behaviourist ( ;) ) suggested maybe he is allergic to mould/damp ect.He is odd though.

RV there is a leave on cream we have for mason which has AB's in - i will send you the name when im brave enough to step outside but i think its Resichlor?? I have a spray version by Duoxo which is better but only available from the derm they are the only one's to import it as far as i know.

RS glad to hear Ruby is doing better and it does not sound too serious with Millie. :)

Well Ruby was a tad limpy this morning, but it's not as bad so I am still hopeful :crossfingers:

Yep, Ruby and I can help you with the sit stay thing. May I enlist some help with Ruby's SFE please? May as well use tonight to get on top of these sorts of things :)

Turns out the infected patch is a spider bite! Getting cortisol and anti inflammatory injections and cream. Vet also thinks that may be why he has been a bit lame. Have to sock one of his feet to stop him scratching how do I get one to stay on?

Turns out the infected patch is a spider bite! Getting cortisol and anti inflammatory injections and cream. Vet also thinks that may be why he has been a bit lame. Have to sock one of his feet to stop him scratching how do I get one to stay on?

Maybe try a sock then wrap over the top with vet wrap for extra padding and to keep it on? That stuff stays on really well...

Poor Tobester, give him a hug from us... :hug: