Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks boxagirl, can't wait to meet Booker! Zora had fun today and did enjoy meeting so many new people and dogs! Toby had a go at rally too. Big thanks to Candice who made that possible :laugh:

Zora got 2x Baby of Breed but it was ST's babies that stole the show ;)

No worries and sorry I had to dash :) Will come and see Zora with new pup sometime and they can have a play

No worries and sorry I had to dash Will come and see Zora with new pup sometime and they can have a play

We can have a 3 way puppy play :laugh: Even though Booker is already as tall as Zora and he is 3 weeks younger :eek: But I think he weighs less though (not much of him at the moment)

Zora is too cute :D Varda had fun playing with her.

Unfortunatley Var's CCD trial didn't go to plan. She started well but by the time we got to the figure 8 in the heel routine she decided it was just too hot! She then proceeded to sit instead of stand for her SFE - twice! Which isn't like her given she would never think to sit in the show ring! Then for the recall she didn't want to sit initially :rofl: After a chat with Jill I have decided to definitely scratch her before the trial if it is going to be over 20C. Might just stick with night trials only...

However on a good note Arlo won Intermediate in Show at the Spitz Dog Open show :thumbsup: From a big line up as well :D

I am also hoping Banjo is as good tomorrow as he was today going over jumps when I get home :D Probably won't be though :laugh:

Huge congrats to ST for her results today with her first home-bred litter. They all looked great! (I have to say, as a member of the "peanut gallery" it would have been nice to be able to offer you congratulations without the snide remarks from other, less successful exhibitors, wafting over to ruin the moment... Some people love to have enemies, whether the other people have done anything to them or not, which is nothing short of an indictment on their character, IMHO.)

And well done to RV with Zora - who is so unbelievably cute I almost puppy-napped her and took her home.

My poor boy is off to the vets on Monday, to try to discover what happened to his foot :(

Huge congrats to ST for her results today with her first home-bred litter. They all looked great! (I have to say, as a member of the "peanut gallery" it would have been nice to be able to offer you congratulations without the snide remarks from other, less successful exhibitors, wafting over to ruin the moment... Some people love to have enemies, whether the other people have done anything to them or not, which is nothing short of an indictment on their character, IMHO.)

And well done to RV with Zora - who is so unbelievably cute I almost puppy-napped her and took her home.

My poor boy is off to the vets on Monday, to try to discover what happened to his foot :(

Yes I agree Faolmor, since when has it been against the rules for people to cheer :(

A congratulations was missed - another ring debut today, Faolmor's little girl did an awesome job handling Foinni in kindy handlers ;) Hope you get to the bottom of things quickly.

Yes I agree Faolmor, since when has it been against the rules for people to cheer :(

A congratulations was missed - another ring debut today, Faolmor's little girl did an awesome job handling Foinni in kindy handlers ;) Hope you get to the bottom of things quickly.

Yes, and in the process, we created a mini-handling-monster. She spent the rest of the afternoon, walking around, saying, "I want to win! I want to win!" LOL (I think that translated as, "I want another cup of lollies." Which she didn't eat anyway, other than to lick each one and palm them off either to dad or mum...)

We might have to coach her a little on what to say to the judge, too, as apparently when the judge asked what Fionn's name was, she responded with, "Irish Setter." Then proceeded to point out all the other Irish Setters she could see. When she was asked if she knew how old Fionn was, she said, "Yes," and then left it up to the judge to guess :laugh: Too cute, really.

I read some Facebook comments about some comments made at the show today, what happened?

Congrats ST and RV!

Sorry to hear about Varda, mirawee. You're not the only one whose dogs refuse to work with enthusiasm in the heat or daylight! I really need to just enter night time trials because daytime doesn't work for me too well most times. And while that can be looked at as just making excuses, I'd rather preserve my sanity and loving relationship with my dogs instead of constantly getting frustrated with them! I'm tired of being frustrated :( Rally-O today was horrible, both so laggy. As soon as clouds covered the sun and wind picked up to offer a bit of cool, they worked better! Sigh!!!

Ptolomy, my kids love the smaller dokken I got :) I can't find my pintail one though, eeek!! Those grips for the end make throwing so much easier, but my dogs return with it squinting because it's bouncing in their face! :laugh:

Edited by RubyStar

Ptolomy, my kids love the smaller dokken I got :) I can't find my pintail one though, eeek!! Those grips for the end make throwing so much easier, but my dogs return with it squinting because it's bouncing in their face! :laugh:

Yes Mason has the same issue with the power grip wacking him in the face!! I too think i need a smaller one as Mason does battle to pick it up. Will go training later in the week and see how he does with it coming out the thrower. I may order a puppy 1 at some stage when pup is a little bigger.

Sorry i did not get to say goodbye to u yesterday RS - had to get Mason to chiro. Thanks for organising the dokken order - mason is fascinated with the thing :)

RS - I finally remembered to get them DVD's out of my car and only because I needed to get the service book out. :o:laugh: Bear and I might have a movie night tonight. :D

Does anyone feed Black Hawk Holistic? If so are you happy with it? Thanks. :)

Tiggy - unfortunately if you make the dog watch them they don't automatically learn, I've tried :laugh:

I use black hawk and am happy with it - kyzer can eat any old thing but trixie loses condition quickly if she doesn't agree with the food, she looks great on black hawk and they both like it, it's also cheaper than nitro which is a plus.

What AP your saying that I paid for a retrieving DVD and I STILL have to actually teach my dog the stuff? :eek::laugh:

Zora's breeder recommended Black Hawk so I use it. She's never been on anything else... maybe I can blame the Black Hawk for her being feral! :thumbsup: Toby also gets it, he's on a cup a day and going well, he has had allergy break outs but I am 99% sure it's seasonal as my dad mowed down the paddocks the other week and his allergies have subsided.