Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Morning WA DOLers.

I thought I'd introduce my new(ish) arrival...introducing 'Kyte' my little Aussie. We are also hoping to do obedience and agility in the future. She is 6 1/2 months old although I've only had her since she was 5 months, unfortunately she didn't have the ideal start to life but seems to be settling in well. A very different dog to train than a Siberian Husky, that's for sure!

:wave: Hi Nikki :)

Can't wait to meet Kyte :)

Edited by boxagirl

If mine closed up I'm not sure I would get mine done again, it hurt too much! :o I got it done in 2003 I think so it's doing well so far laugh.gif I rarely take it out to clean it properly as I hate getting it back in, and when it's out my belly looks too naked and weird!! laugh.gif

i kept getting the bar put through whilst pregnant but when i was in hospital it closed over it was only a young piercing. i tried pushing bar through but by golly it hurt, not sure if i will reget it done but i am spewing that i kind of wasted $60 as its closed over :S

Gibbs is ADORABLE

I got my belly ring in when I was 23 I think. I left the ring out for nearly a year as I was pregnant then didn't put it back in, then when I did one young child kept trying to grad it and lift my shirt and grab it, so took it out for ages again. Found the ring in a drawer, stuck it back in and I still have it ummm a few ***cough*** years later :)

Edited by OSoSwift

So the hole doesn't close easily? I got mine as a gift to myself for losing weight. I've been wanting to get myself a small tattoo on my hip, dog related of course, but haven't come up with the right design/size/exact spot to put it yet so I keep putting it off!

Mine don't seem to.

I was told within 5 years they usually grow out, mine has been in a little **cough** bit longer than that and the hole shrinks a little if the bar has been out for a bit, but if you have a warm shower or bath then out it in it goes in easily and the skin stretches a bit so it doesn't get sore or red.

I was like oh well if it grows out after 5 years, so be it and I won't get it done again. Seems to be keen on staying :)

My belly ring closed up in one day, i lost the top of my ring at work and by the time i got home it had closed - that was about 5 years ago now. I have a tattoo and would love another of my old horses face somewhere and 1 day when Mason passes on i will have him tattoo-ed somewhere too

Well Gibbs was pretty good, we went to bed at 10pm, he got up at 11.15 and we took him for loo and he then slept til 6am where he made the biggest wee ever :rofl:

He is crazy at meal times, I am going to have to start tying him up maybe and doing the TOT with him as he jumps up at me and howls, screams and goes crazy! I need him to wait for his dinner.

Toilet training is going well but if i have my eyes off him for a minute he will wee inside. :mad

He's lovely Mason :) I have a huge crate with a top but no floor and Zac has been sleeping and eating in there from day dot. It has the door open during the day and there is usually a dog in there! I still feed him in his crate and as soon as I start getting dinner ready he races to his crate and if the door has closed accidentally he has figured out how to open it to get in! Feeding his meals in the crate has worked really well for us and its a good step for Crate Games if you want to do that later. (I have the DVD if you want to borrow it at any stage)

Sounds like Gibbs did ok for his first night :thumbsup: How has your first full day with him been, hope Mason is getting used to him a bit now :)

Thanks RV for a fab bush walk today :D I was sooooo pleased with Louis, he hardly reacted at all to Toby and Zora and joined them in having fun running around and even joined in games of chase :thumbsup: He started and finished the walk with a roll in a very dead critter though :vomit: so got a wash in the sink before being let back in the car :laugh: Zora has grown so much in a month and is such a beautiful girl :love: My two are pooped out and snoring on the sofa :laugh:

:wave: Hi Nikki :)

Can't wait to meet Kyte :)

:wave: hey there Boxagirl - love the updated signature!

Booker is gorgeous, can't wait to meet him.

How's the obedience going with Wolf? Zazu is entered in the Bunbury trial, although I'm trying to go in and keep it very light and fun after a couple of disasters at the last 2 trials...partially my fault for being so nervous I think. I wasn't going to enter her but she has been training so well I thought we'd give it a go.

hey there Boxagirl - love the updated signature!

Booker is gorgeous, can't wait to meet him.

How's the obedience going with Wolf? Zazu is entered in the Bunbury trial, although I'm trying to go in and keep it very light and fun after a couple of disasters at the last 2 trials...partially my fault for being so nervous I think. I wasn't going to enter her but she has been training so well I thought we'd give it a go.

Have been slack with poor Wolf lately, had about a 4 month break from obedience (and sledding- and most shows too!) and only just got back into it afew weeks ago- but havn't been back for the last 2 weeks since I got Booker (I plan to take Wolf and Booker to obedience once Booker is travelling in the car well enough to go that far). Have been doing some obedience training at shows with Wolf though- he clearly enjoys obedience more than showing- so will probably start focusing on that with him more now (especially now that I have Booker so I still have something to show :) )

Have started training Booker and so far he is a dream :thumbsup:

Goodluck with Zazu in the trial :) I'm sure she will ace it. You need to enter a trial up here so I can come watch :laugh: