Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Zora lost a canine this morning, two molars yesterday and will be loosing her other canines very soon as the adult teeth are coming through. If the judge does count Zora's teeth she will have fun as Zora has double teeth in most spots where the new ones are coming through!

Although the canine that came out this morning sort of broke as it came out and there is still a fragment of it in there. Will that come out on it's own or will a vet need to intervene?

Thanks Tiggy!

Feel better soon. I think every second person is sick right now. The train is a germ-fest! My team at work has all been sick, plus my family, and a lot of the dog community I know have also been sick. Are we more prone to getting sick coming out of winter? confused.gif

Not me :D My super immune system has served me well this winter, I haven't been sick since May!

I have had a couple of times where I thought I was getting sick and had a sore throat but a few teaspoons of raw honey and it disappeared, woo!

(Of course this probably means it is waiting ready to hit me big time :scared::laugh: )

Not me :D My super immune system has served me well this winter, I haven't been sick since May!

I have had a couple of times where I thought I was getting sick and had a sore throat but a few teaspoons of raw honey and it disappeared, woo!

(Of course this probably means it is waiting ready to hit me big time :scared::laugh: )

I'm usually like that too, but something in me must have changed in the past 2 years because I have been hit with the lurgy whenever I have come near someone with it, when prior to that I have rarely gotten sick! My diet hasn't changed, nor my exercise level (both have always been pretty bad :rofl:) - maybe I'm just getting.... OLD eek1.gif

Keep an eye on it, RV. You might need to have it removed. They can turn pretty nasty, if they get stuck and infected.

Urgh I hope not! She has already had one broken baby tooth removed when it looked a bit suss. Thank god for pet insurance there as the cost was more then when my adult dog cracked three teeth and the vets had to spent ages looking for all the bits embedded in gum! Seeing Deb Nook on Friday so I will get her to have a look. :)

showdog I don't mind if she checks for correct dentition or does a full count, I am just a bit nervous because I have a baby who is pretty good with letting people mouth her but might get a bit squirmy since she is in pain with all the missing/loose if it is a prolonged check. Especially since babies are not shown in other countries and she is the only rep of her breed the judge may be a bit more through then necessary for a baby.

I think it goes in waves - I had a year a few years ago where I seemed to get every virus going around, and ended up requiring 7 days off work because it snowballed into a chest infection, plus tonsillitis, sinusitis and conjunctivitis... good times!! :eek:

She isn't rough she mouths like every other judge does any other weekend ,checks the front/side & completed withing seconds .

She didn't do anything out of the ordinary & was excellent with young dogs from what i saw .

She isn't rough she mouths like every other judge does any other weekend ,checks the front/side & completed withing seconds .

She didn't do anything out of the ordinary & was excellent with young dogs from what i saw .

Thanks showdog that's reassuring to know :)

My K9 news arrived 5 mins ago! :cheer:

RV Ari lost only part of her canine when she was a baby too.... i kept an eye on it, ready to take her to get it removed. The day before I had her booked in, I gave her a pigs ear and it came out.

Does anyone know, when we go back for group specials on Saturday, do they put us wherever they can fit us on the benches?

I showed under the Irish judge today ,found her excellent with mouthing dogs (checking more than just the front row) very quick & precise in doing so,great with the dogs & polite.

She no awarded a few dogs today but the main reason seems to be temperament & i have no dramas with that .

Glad to see a judge taking temperment into the equation :)

I am glad my dogs are great temperment wise i am wary of what i have read of the german judge very fast i hear. hmm they aren't too keen on holding mouth open though for teeth to be counted :S

Hubby brought me a dremel for the dogs nails now stupid question if i hit quick does it cauterise due to speed or do i still need to have corn flour handy?

I had the German Judge with the Xolos and he was great, the Xolo is very wary of strangers and he handled them accordingly, he knows the breed and put the best dog up which most Judges miss!! I even spoke to him after the show about his Judging on my dogs and he was very well informed and super pleasant.

I use a Dremel weekly on my dogs Emery and have never hit quick, I guess that doesnt help!

Hopefully he will treat the weimaraners the same way then Wazzat. They too, should be wary of strangers.

Emery I have hit quick once with the dremel and it did bleed. have the cornflour on hand :) the dogs definitely let you know when it's getting close to sensitive though - that's usually when i stop.

I'm still waiting for mine :( Sick as a dog today...I havent had flu for 3 years so I guess I was overdue.

:( Join the team. The doctor said mine is a sinus infection. I had to cave and get some drugs.

Let's see how many upcoming obedience trials there are for me not to enter. :D

:provoke:

Come oooooooooon! Slacker :whip:

:p