Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

you can buy bait bags at the canine ,

If you have pockets its a bonus & just whack the bait if you in a plastic bag is a tad melty /yucky.

I more than often shove it down my bra .

I rarely put it in my mouth because if the judge asks how old you need to answer.

It really depends on the bait your using .

I generally use liver.fish fingers,chicken and occasionally sausage except for my gordie who hates them.

Most of the Lab folk use liver & generally the crew have buckets full of the stuff & a bait strapper near by if you run out ;)

You can buy false pockets & just safety pin it to your clothes

Edited by showdog

Im there on the 30th watching Gibbs' brother and sister show. If i get my butt in the ring im just thinking of wearing black pants, and a nice top.

Cool MG, Ill catch up!! I used to wear black pants, my rossi boots & a nice top - usually something emerald green to go with the red dog :) Youll be fine, if I managed to to it without any hiccups Im sure you will be fine. At least youve done trialling, I hadnt done any dog sports at all!!!

For those of you that show what sort if treat bag do you use in the ring?

I don't use one, but on the rare occasion I do take food in - and it sounds gross - but I put it in my mouth. Obviously, it has to be human food lol...but I know lots of people tuck food into the cheek. That way, you don't have a big treat bag flopping around on your hip while you run.

My friend does this sometimes Faolmor - with chunks of liver!!!! Makes me wanna puke!!!

I didnt use bait when I was showing my girl - she would have been doing summersaults in the ring, with excitement!!!!!

Faolmor - are you at K9 on the 30th (geez I feel like such a pathetic stalker when I want to meet people.....Im not really :o )

I don't think I entered that show. But then again, I can't remember what shows I've entered these days LOL

Happy belated birthday Millie!

MG, I hope Mason is feeling better soon. I use a pocket for bait if there is one in what I am wearing LOL

Emery, love the photo!

On other news - I have my foal now :D

Yay what colour and sex?? and pics??

I usually shove treats in my tracky pants for trials etc but my smart pants gave false pockets :)

CHeck your false pockets a few of my suits actually had the pockets stiched up but are pockets so i just unstitched them. i use pockets or a biat pouch and with the uber excited pup i take the tiniest piece in my hadn for smell

LR I will be there on the 30th. It's Zora's last outing in baby puppy :D

Oh cool - Will be nice to meet you again and meet your little cutie Zora :)

I found some good treats recently at Petstock. Pure meat, must be dried I think, made in Aus and 100% meat....I have bought the lamb and turkey and my two go crazy over them!! I think they also have beef and pork and maybe fish...I got two packs for the price of one, which was pretty good - made my sister go back a couple of days later and get some more for me :D

Ok, so they made by Australian Pet Treats, and I have got Turkey Nibbles & Lamb Nibbles.

100% turkey or lamb.

100% Australian owned.

Distributed by Next Generation Pet Foods.

Hopefully all Petstock shops have them!!! I cant believe just how much the dogs love them! They are quite big chunks, so i cut them in four for training otherwise they take too long eating!

OH and I met up with MG for puppy class this morning and i have to say, Gibbs is even more adorable in the flesh! :love: :love: I had awesome puppy cuddles with assorted puppies - two adorable BCs, a gorgeous rottie girl, a sweet natured bedlington terrier, various others and of course the lab collection! :D Their puppy class alone is about as big as my entire dog club! We skirted the main training group to get to the puppy pens and the only other time I've seen so many dogs in one place is the Million Paws Walk! Thanks MG for the heads up, had a lovely morning and it was really nice to catch up with you again. :thumbsup: OH was very impressed - it's the first time he's seen me up that early on a Sunday! :laugh: I kinda match my hair now though, spent too long in the sun. :(

EFS

Edited by hortfurball