Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I even own the stubby holder and bottle opener trialling Queen Ratbag herself, miss Ruby! :rofl: Next time I'm going for the cap to cover the grey hair she gives me!!

She bombed in the last exercise. Decided to sniff the ground then take a step forward, but did get the change of positions after doing that :laugh:

I even own the stubby holder and bottle opener trialling Queen Ratbag herself, miss Ruby! :rofl: Next time I'm going for the cap to cover the grey hair she gives me!!

She bombed in the last exercise. Decided to sniff the ground then take a step forward, but did get the change of positions after doing that :laugh:

Lol Mason's recall was an all in one again, he runs towards me ( after veering off to sniff) then comes to sit next to me on the left :eek:

Please tell me what exercises you fail if the dog does it wrong in CDX ie an instant fail??

Back again after not posting for quite a while......

Have been to Sydney and back to see Equitana (and catch up with Mirawee :laugh: )and visit the Zoo and Opera House - Sydney is one HUGE city! Bit too big for a hick like me :rofl:

Big hugs for CC & Louis, Boxagirl & Bondi......hope your poor pups are feeling better asap!

Welcome to our new WA member (whose name I cant remember :o ) - you have two breeds I love :D and we had a cheeky GSP when we were kids. Ben was just such a free spirit, he escaped every day and headed over the road to the school to find one of us!! Unfortunately he went to the Bridge too early, we thing from either a snake bite or bee sting allergy :cry:

MG, perhaps Mason is feeling your unhapiness and not performing as well as he can! After going to our new classes, both Zola & I are feeling alot happier working together. She even ran through an agility tunnel at our last class, after me saying she probably wouldnt!!! Just remember - dogs pick up on our emotions so easily, its one thing they do really well all of the time!

post-12444-0-64610600-1321235095_thumb.jpg

Our boy Ben (circa 1970's) with my Mum!

Back again after not posting for quite a while......

Have been to Sydney and back to see Equitana (and catch up with Mirawee :laugh: )and visit the Zoo and Opera House - Sydney is one HUGE city! Bit too big for a hick like me :rofl:

Big hugs for CC & Louis, Boxagirl & Bondi......hope your poor pups are feeling better asap!

Welcome to our new WA member (whose name I cant remember :o ) - you have two breeds I love :D and we had a cheeky GSP when we were kids. Ben was just such a free spirit, he escaped every day and headed over the road to the school to find one of us!! Unfortunately he went to the Bridge too early, we thing from either a snake bite or bee sting allergy :cry:

MG, perhaps Mason is feeling your unhapiness and not performing as well as he can! After going to our new classes, both Zola & I are feeling alot happier working together. She even ran through an agility tunnel at our last class, after me saying she probably wouldnt!!! Just remember - dogs pick up on our emotions so easily, its one thing they do really well all of the time!

post-12444-0-64610600-1321235095_thumb.jpg

Our boy Ben (circa 1970's) with my Mum!

Hey Lab rat your mum would have been showing with my mum in the 70,s I still even have some old dog books (Gundogs) and Year Books for GunDogs from the 70's ( a Crufts one too!) What was her name and the dogs name ? and a show catalouge from Bunbury, shows how long ago and old I am

Oh God no WX, he wasnt a show dog - and that pic was taken in our back yard at Bullsbrook......Have no idea why Mum had those beautiful boots on LOL!!!

Im still trying to find out the dogs history - he was from NSW. Dont even know what his prefix was :( .....I remember him arriving at the airport in a lovely wooden crate with breathing holes in it!!! He was such a wonderful clown of a dog!

Had a close call with Bon today :( Her back legs are paralysed and she can't walk or stand up :( Took her down to the vets to have her PTS, thinking there was nothing that can be done- vet said give it a week- abit of bone may have broken off and affected the blood flow of the spinal cord- since there is no pain or strength in back legs but she can still feel them if you pinch them. So staying home to nurse Bon some more, turning her every 2 hours so she doesnt get lung infection (a very hard task :( She is like a sack of potatoes and freaks everytime you move her she has no balance :( ) She is on vallium, tramel, previcox and endep tablets. Hopefully in a week we will see some improvement or I will be back down at the vets again next week :cry:

Had a close call with Bon today :( Her back legs are paralysed and she can't walk or stand up :( Took her down to the vets to have her PTS, thinking there was nothing that can be done- vet said give it a week- abit of bone may have broken off and affected the blood flow of the spinal cord- since there is no pain or strength in back legs but she can still feel them if you pinch them. So staying home to nurse Bon some more, turning her every 2 hours so she doesnt get lung infection (a very hard task :( She is like a sack of potatoes and freaks everytime you move her she has no balance :( ) She is on vallium, tramel, previcox and endep tablets. Hopefully in a week we will see some improvement or I will be back down at the vets again next week :cry:

Oh you poor bugger Boxagirl :cry: .....Feel for you lots & lots! Glad the vet has given her a chance! Its always so hard to know just how our dogs are feeling, and what we should do!! Take care of yourself when turning her - dont want you to end up crook as well :( . Consider yourself hugged, and pass on some gentle snuggles to your girl also :grouphug:

Had a limp off and on from 8 weeks old, Deb fixed his neck, then on 15 oct he slipped in kitchen and started limping badly. He has had 3 treatments now and comes right but always goes back to being as sore as he was before. We suspect tendon ligament damage but need to see what is going on just in case it's anything else