Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

oh, is anyone coming tonight that have my ancient clean run order? ??? pretty please :-)

Nah it was so long ago, I sold them :)

:p :(

Does anyone know if Murdoch vet has an email to contact them on?

I phoned them yesterday requesting Ruby's history be sent and they said no probs they would email it to me. Still haven't received it! So they either forgot or got the email address wrong. I really hate calling and to have to call twice for the same thing sucks :( (yeah I know, what a sook!) So I was hoping to email them instead to follow up :)

Guest RosieFT

Apparantly, only if you have a horse... or skin or ear problems...

Contact us

The Equine Centre

Phone: (08) 9360 7676

Fax: (08) 9360 2603

Email: [email protected]

Small Animal Medicine

Phone: (1300 652 494)

Fax: (08) 9360 6509

Small Animal Surgery

Oncology

Murdoch Pet Emergency Centre (MPEC)

Phone: 1300 652 494

Fax: (08) 9360 7330

Production Animal/Farm Services

Phone: 1300 652 494

Fax: (08) 9360 2649

Pathology

Phone: (08) 9360 2575

Fax: (08) 9360 7354

General Practice

Phone: (08) 9360 6454

Fax: (08) 9360 7330

Acupuncture

Skin, Allergy and Ear Clinic is operational Tuesday to Friday

Phone: (08) 9360 7387

Fax: (08) 9360 6482

Email for skin queries: [email protected]

Email for ear queries: [email protected]

Ophthalmology

Im joining Midland Dog Obedience club tonight - along with my work buddy

Unfortunatley I cant be bothered with the trek to SR on a weeknight, so have gone local.

hopefully Hemi may be able to move from beginner quickly as he passed that class at SR last year, and take basic commands (when he wants - lol)

Guest RosieFT

I just opened up my Canning Examiner newspaper (avoiding doing what i am supposed to be doing.. anyhoo) and I see there is yet another famous agility person in there!! Not for agility this time but for tracking ! Sonya and Bella are in there for their help in tracking a lost beagle :-)

Unfortunatley I cant be bothered with the trek to SR on a weeknight, so have gone local.

hopefully Hemi may be able to move from beginner quickly as he passed that class at SR last year, and take basic commands (when he wants - lol)

Good luck to hemi,

hope you get a decent instructor :)

i went to watch once with a dog who was fearful of the car so we were doing training with him (positive obviously) dog would get severely car sick, a trainer walked past and says, " just bloody pick him up" yeah that was gonna solve his issues :S

That was my experience with them years ago and haven't been back since so they may be a lot better now :)

I dare say every club has there bad apples.i attended Southern River for years with our Minis,Greyhounds,Yank & the Irish.

The mini no instructor had any comments to make,the Yank i trialled & all was good there (except when i took her to the Gundog Club & got told odd comments ) the Greyhound was fine in obedience but when it came to agility it was like a mass evacuation of people as they seemed to think my Grey was going to eat the doggies :rofl: .

With the Irish Setter i was constantly getting snide remarks from the instructors on there supposed lack of intelligence,luckily i have the guts to stand up for my breed & not be intimidated by idiots with big mouths but i can see how an excited new comer can be made to feel so daft in one easy hit & give training there dog a miss.

I would still attend SR but haven't trained anything for awhile & would pick my trainer anyway .

Will be interested to see how you find it. I was going to join when I moved up this way but I've been too slack. If I hear good things it might be the push I need.

Yesterday I went to Woolies and found they had Australia Day eskies out for half price. I have an esky in my car which had some of my dog gear in and I needed to replace it - so I bought a small one for $5. Last night I went to training and showed my mates - and 5 minutes later I had orders for 4 little eskies and 1 big one. So this morning I went back to Woolies and purchased the 5 eskies, came back to the office and emailed everybody to say I had them. Very quickly - I had an order for 2 more large eskies, so back I go.

So everybody comes to work today and comments on all the eskies sitting on my desk, they ask where I got them from and before I know it - the guy sitting next to me goes next door and comes back with a small esky, a large one and an Australia day rug. The guy in the next office buys 2 large and 2 small eskies and the girl next to him buys one of each.

I think I may have started something.........

So if you need a training esky, or something to put some dog gear in - I can recommend the Woolworths ones for $5 and $10. rofl1.gif

Aaaah will have to have a peek tomorrow! I currently have no esky because I threw the other one out (couldn't bear the thought of using it after it got maggot infested... Life is too short to clean stuff like that up I reckon :rofl: )

I guess I didn't get my canine News as I am no longer a member is Dogswest, I joined last year end of January to be able to enter the classic as Masons first trial. I have received no renewal notice, so I emailed and they said yes I need to come in or phone to renew, been at work this week and can't make calls there so guess it will have to wait for tomorrow. Bit cheesed that I never got a letter etc to say I must renew.

Just lame dog issues we seem to have gone from one lameness drama which I thought we were getting to the head of and only to have something else crop up and now I have to potentially find lots of $$$ for surgery and I still can't get anybody to give me a job :(.