Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

Took Rosie to the river for a walk today. All of a sudden we noticed a group of sea gulls very interested in a small bird flapping its way across the water. It was too far away to see what it was, but my OH says 'that is no water bird.."... Put Rosie on a leash before she clocked it, and then she watched it the whole time. Eventually my OH says he is going to have to swim in to help it, but luckily another couple of people had spotted it and a woman went in, fully clothed to get it.. she had to swim quite a way out. She came swimming back with a gorgeous young parrot perched on her hand. It just jumped onto her as soon as she got near. Poor thing. I think it was a rainbow lorikeet.

Anyway, we walked Rosie further around and let her off leash again, she kept going into the water and swimming way out, lifting her head up out hte water and looking left and right... LOL it was as if she was looking for another gift of baby parrot on water . Was very funny.

We also met another huge fox terrier which is always nice :-) .

Hope you all had fun at the beach, glorious day.

:laugh: love the pics RS :D Sometimes when I'm walking with Chess I'll stop and watch her roll in grass clippings because the amount of sheer joy she gets from it is contagious! Makes me smile :) Sorry I didn't chat much this morning - the kelpies do not understand the concept of staying in one place very well :o

--

Whitka that is awesome, yay water! :p

:laugh: love the pics RS :D Sometimes when I'm walking with Chess I'll stop and watch her roll in grass clippings because the amount of sheer joy she gets from it is contagious! Makes me smile :) Sorry I didn't chat much this morning - the kelpies do not understand the concept of staying in one place very well :o

--

Whitka that is awesome, yay water! :p

No probs, Weasels. My dogs don't mind the whole throw the ball in the water, retrieve, rinse, repeat saga. And then Millie decided digging a large hole to hide her ball was like the best game ever :p She was flicking sand all over us and poor Pippa copped sand all over her!

I like walking too, but when I find a spot on the beach that has minimal dogs around and the ones around are friendly, I don't like to tempt fate by walking past loads of dogs. As we were leaving today, just near the exit to the carpark, 3 large bull breeds got into a fight :(

Edited by RubyStar

If anyone is down Kalgoorlie way and would like to catch up let me know, I dont know any good spots for dogs but I know where they have coffie here :)

Considering I've never been to Kalgoorlie in my life, I can't see it happening any time soon laugh.gif But definitely let us know if you're heading to Perth direction, we could arrange a DOL meet :)

It was nice to meet you today mashlee. Your Indi is gorgeous.

Took Rosie to the river for a walk today. All of a sudden we noticed a group of sea gulls very interested in a small bird flapping its way across the water. It was too far away to see what it was, but my OH says 'that is no water bird.."... Put Rosie on a leash before she clocked it, and then she watched it the whole time. Eventually my OH says he is going to have to swim in to help it, but luckily another couple of people had spotted it and a woman went in, fully clothed to get it.. she had to swim quite a way out. She came swimming back with a gorgeous young parrot perched on her hand. It just jumped onto her as soon as she got near. Poor thing. I think it was a rainbow lorikeet.

Anyway, we walked Rosie further around and let her off leash again, she kept going into the water and swimming way out, lifting her head up out hte water and looking left and right... LOL it was as if she was looking for another gift of baby parrot on water . Was very funny.

Awww cute Rosie! And eek1.gif at the bird and the woman swimming fully clothed to rescue it!!

You should join us at the beach next time :)

Considering I've never been to Kalgoorlie in my life, I can't see it happening any time soon

And I wouldnt blame you for never coming here :laugh: Yep sure have picked a good spot here :D

Pics look awesome looks the dogs had a great time :thumbsup:

Considering I've never been to Kalgoorlie in my life, I can't see it happening any time soon

And I wouldnt blame you for never coming here :laugh: Yep sure have picked a good spot here :D

Ahhh Kalgoorlie bushland is lots of fun, but i do not miss the red dirt at all ;)

Awww cute Rosie! And eek1.gif at the bird and the woman swimming fully clothed to rescue it!!

You should join us at the beach next time :)

She was an older lady too and half way back yelled to her partner that she was going to have to drop her hat as she was having trouble swimming with one arm (she was holding hat). Ironically, he was rigging up a small dingy at the time.. LOL

I should come to the beach it looked glorious. That is such a lovely photo of Ruby running out the water, just stunning! Who took that?

Pippa is looking as cute as ever.

Ahhh Kalgoorlie bushland is lots of fun, but i do not miss the red dirt at all ;)

Well if I had my way I would have choesen somewhere like Perth or Esperance to live not here :laugh: Actually anywhere with a beach is where I would rather be. Dont know how im going to cope here in summer :eek:

Well if I had my way I would have choesen somewhere like Perth or Esperance to live not here :laugh: Actually anywhere with a beach is where I would rather be. Dont know how im going to cope here in summer :eek:

I lived there for 2 years ,summers where often 44 over a few days,red sand storms .

Very hot ,dry but had the best summer storms .

As a kid we never really thought of the heat to busy of exploring & having fun .

We had a pool so would spend hrs in that.

I loved Kalgoorlie & that is the reason we now have dogs ,my brother & I didn't cope well moving to Perth ,we loved country life & the friends & the fact life was fun there & we made our own fun .

It was never the same in Perth

I should come to the beach it looked glorious. That is such a lovely photo of Ruby running out the water, just stunning! Who took that?

Pippa is looking as cute as ever.

LOVE the pics!!

Thanks guys, you make me want to share more :rofl:

A friend from agility class took them. Hope she is ok with me posting them :o Probably should have asked embarrass.gif

A couple more of my favourites

423879_10151852537401542_847250558_n.jpg

387151_10151852538366542_659167436_n.jpg

523548_10151852537841542_1526831079_n.jpg

304341_10151852541626542_796038682_n.jpg

480533_10151852545066542_2039755038_n.jpg

377255_10151852540551542_1801913843_n.jpg

Edited by RubyStar

Popping in cos I havent been around much work and tafe and numerous amounts of animals are keeping me on my toes.

Ill be at the royal on the day that the Xolos are there dont even know what else will be on that day, i dont go for much besides animal stuff these days

everything is too expensive haha

Buddy is doing well :) hes 11 this year and is at the vet atleast once a month at the moment the prognosis for his other eye isnt too good but we are just taking each day as it comes at the moment

Terrific actions shot Rubystar - I love em thumbsup1.gif

Good to see you at training last night too biggrin.gif

Was good to be back! I was way too busy to go but at the last minute I went stuff it, I'm going anyway! I also managed to get some obedience training in with my girls after Pippa's agility class last night, go me thumbsup1.giflaugh.gif

Popping in cos I havent been around much work and tafe and numerous amounts of animals are keeping me on my toes.

Ill be at the royal on the day that the Xolos are there dont even know what else will be on that day, i dont go for much besides animal stuff these days

everything is too expensive haha

Buddy is doing well :) hes 11 this year and is at the vet atleast once a month at the moment the prognosis for his other eye isnt too good but we are just taking each day as it comes at the moment

Hugs for dear old Buddy! Good to see you, Rach :wave: