Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I won't be at Midland as thier classes are full :rofl: so may just do Eden Hill with Lincoln.

I went down to rejoin but they'd already put the receipts/badges away so asked me to come back next week :( . I just remembered I can't go next week :eek: so it'll have to be the week after that.

I won't be at Midland as thier classes are full :eek: so may just do Eden Hill with Lincoln.

I went down to rejoin but they'd already put the receipts/badges away so asked me to come back next week :p . I just remembered I can't go next week :( so it'll have to be the week after that.

See you Thursday then. :rofl: You bringing both dogs?

I won't be at Midland as thier classes are full :) so may just do Eden Hill with Lincoln.

Anybody live in the shire of Swan and have a multi dog licence? Was it hard to get? My parents are looking at a 6 acre property out that way.

hmm might need to email them and make sure I can join.

I'd try ringing because they don't always get back to you when you email. My class starts at 7.30 but I might get there earlier to watch the UD class. I'll bring the dvds on Thursday :D .

ValleyCBR I have my multi dog application I submitted ( although not Shire of Swan all under Dog Act) a few off DOL have used mine to get theirs. Let me know if you want me to email it to you, no hassles if you word and prepare the document right! lol

:D

I won't be at Midland as thier classes are full :D so may just do Eden Hill with Lincoln.

I went down to rejoin but they'd already put the receipts/badges away so asked me to come back next week :D . I just remembered I can't go next week :D so it'll have to be the week after that.

See you Thursday then. :) You bringing both dogs?

Yep bringing both dogs :happydance: .

I won't be at Midland as thier classes are full :) so may just do Eden Hill with Lincoln.

Anybody live in the shire of Swan and have a multi dog licence? Was it hard to get? My parents are looking at a 6 acre property out that way.

hmm might need to email them and make sure I can join.

I'd try ringing because they don't always get back to you when you email. My class starts at 7.30 but I might get there earlier to watch the UD class. I'll bring the dvds on Thursday :D .

ValleyCBR I have my multi dog application I submitted ( although not Shire of Swan all under Dog Act) a few off DOL have used mine to get theirs. Let me know if you want me to email it to you, no hassles if you word and prepare the document right! lol

:D

I believe that you already have done so and it was brilliant reading! At the moment it is more likely that we will stay in our shire in which case we will still be allowed the three. :D

I believe that you already have done so and it was brilliant reading! At the moment it is more likely that we will stay in our shire in which case we will still be allowed the three. ;)

I am reasonably sure City of Swan allows 3 dogs on 5+ acres. Mundaring Shire allows 4 on 5+ acres. That is without a permit :eek:

I believe that you already have done so and it was brilliant reading! At the moment it is more likely that we will stay in our shire in which case we will still be allowed the three. :eek:

I am reasonably sure City of Swan allows 3 dogs on 5+ acres. Mundaring Shire allows 4 on 5+ acres. That is without a permit :)

Then I'm moving to the Mundaring Shire!!!

;) I wish!!

Then I'm moving to the Mundaring Shire!!!

:laugh: I wish!!

Not actually a wise move :D They are good if you just want 4 dogs. But if you are planning on breeding at all, even if you only have one dog, then you require a kennel license :laugh: Which is interesting since kennel licenses are not given in the Shire ;) As we found out after they sent us the paperwork and we bought our 100 acre property - although we can pay about $6000 to get them to consider it :)

There is no good place to live out this way. :laugh:

Northam Shire or the Shire of Chittering are meant to be fairly good :laugh: Swan has a better reputation than Mundaring for animal owners.

Edited by mirawee

Unless your sneaky about things. :laugh:

Yep :laugh: The stupid thing is, if they subdivided our block to residential size, even allowing for roads etc you could have well over 100 dogs in the same area :) Neighbours are no where near so really it isn't an issue how many dogs we have as long as they are looked after ;)

Maybe you should divide it up and get dogs registered to each "address" :D

Unless your sneaky about things. :laugh:

Yep :laugh: The stupid thing is, if they subdivided our block to residential size, even allowing for roads etc you could have well over 100 dogs in the same area :) Neighbours are no where near so really it isn't an issue how many dogs we have as long as they are looked after ;)

I believe that you already have done so and it was brilliant reading! At the moment it is more likely that we will stay in our shire in which case we will still be allowed the three. :grouphug:

I am reasonably sure City of Swan allows 3 dogs on 5+ acres. Mundaring Shire allows 4 on 5+ acres. That is without a permit :grouphug:

City of Swan

Number of Dogs Allowed

You can keep a maximum of two dogs on your property without City approval.

If you wish to keep more than two dogs on your property you will need to apply for either a 3-6 Dog Permit or a Kennel Licence.

3-6 Dog Permit

A permit may be required if an owner wishes to keep more than two dogs on their property and up to a maximum of six. The intending applicant must lodge an application with the City with the relevant application fees. This application pack is available by contacting the City on 9267 9267.

An application fee of $110.00 applies.

Pensioners are entitled to a 50% concession.

A Kennel Licence is required for anyone who wishes to breed dogs as a business and/or keep more than six dogs on their property on a permanent or extended basis (eg. more than 3 months).

For a Kennel Licence you will need to seek Planning Approval. Click here to download the application form for Planning Approvals.

MUNDARING Shire ( My parents are here and can only have 4 dogs on 5 acres!)

How many dogs can be kept at home?

This depends on your property size. If your property size is less than:

10,000 square metres (2 1/2 acres) the maximum number permitted is two (2) dogs.

10,000 square metres (2 1/2 acres) but less than 20,000 square metres (5 acres) is three (3) dogs.

20,000 square metres (5 acres) or more is four (4) dogs.

If you have more than the permitted number of dogs on your property, you must apply for approval for a Multiple Dog license unless they are under the age of three months

I wonder when City of Swan changed it? It was definitely 3 dogs allowed on 5+ acre properties a year ago.

And your parents can have up to 6 dogs if they apply for a permit in Shire of Mundaring :D

Lol Toby and Lincoln are registered under my name and Lilly under thiers so could I apply for the permit? (Without them knowing :) ) Nah I think I want a 5 year break from new puppies, having 2 under 2 is a bit too much right now.