Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I meant for those dogs who still needed to qualify too! :( I hope that the DOLers did even better today then they did last night.

Any results from states yet? :rofl:

Eager Beaver - It would be too early yet :) The finals would be run after lunch and then they would have to wait for presentations.

I know Caffy's red boy Alex made one of the masters finals :thumbsup: and Bedazzled got a clear round in open but wasn't in the top 7.

Just got a verbal text message - everybody is still at presenations - Alex made the MA final finishing 2nd in the heat - he got a refusal in the final. Snaz also made the MA final and went clear. Goodonya Caffy :thumbsup:

Second page :mad :D

Was a fairly good weekend for me :) Abbey managed her second Excellent Agility pass since the states last year for 4th place in the first heat :) And did a brilliant JDM round but just knocked one bar. Was then feral in the ADX on Sat and lacking drive in the JDM! She bombed the finals in ADX but that wasn't suprising since it was a course that required her weaknesses to be strengths in order to do it :rofl:

Varda did the whole JD course except took three bars on Fri night :) Very happy given her lack of drive at Cloverdale. But then decided it was too hot during the day yesterday so we did the first three obstacles and then the last jump. Oh, and she was pulled out of AD each day before we started to try and keep her motivation.

Banjo was a good boy since he still doesn't really know what he is doing :D Only stuffed up the hard bits on Fri night when he got distracted and aside from trying to get into the tunnel via the middle not the end ;) and then running into a bee :eek: which made him miss a jump (and me stop and check him) he then had a great time around the rest of the course yesterday :laugh:

OzJen's Jenna wasn't as bad as she would tell you either... well in jumping :rofl: One fault in JDX on friday night when she got distracted by something in the shadows and turned to bark at it thus running past a jump, and clear on Sat morning for first place :D Finals were better than expected since she was barking and bouncing from the beginning but she managed to go clear until I was in the wrong spot then she decided to let the blonde bits take over :o Agility on the other hand wasn't so good since the ring was right next to where we were camped and she kept thinking that if we were heading for our camp we must be meant to run there not keep doing agility :eek: So we will try and figure out where her rings are for Nationals and set up somewhere else :laugh:

Well done mirawee and ozjen!!

I went to a retrieveing trial this morning and it was great!! The novice stuff is so unbeliveably hard I think Lincoln will be 10 before he is ready even for that but the dogs and people all had a great time.

I am so glad I have a gundog! :laugh:

I went to a retrieveing trial this morning and it was great!! The novice stuff is so unbeliveably hard I think Lincoln will be 10 before he is ready even for that but the dogs and people all had a great time.

Did they do presentations while you were there - just interested as there were 4 labs from the same litter entered and also fetchemups baby as well.

Did they do presentations while you were there - just interested as there were 4 labs from the same litter entered and also fetchemups baby as well.

I only stayed for the first half, I am not 100% sure of the rules but fetchemups FCR girl brought back the bird every time! One of our DOLers was competing and I think they might have stayed for the afternoon trial, so hopefully they will come on and post some results! :D

Have you done retrieving with your dogs Ptolomy?

This time 3 years ago I entered Scoota in his first retrieving trial. At the State Agility Champs he jumped up to get a teddybear I was holding and his back legs collapsed and he has been "injured" ever since. To be honest knowing what I know now he would have broken down very early on and I am not sure he has the "drive" when the going gets tough.

Me I have an issue touching dead things - so I used to wear gloves when holding the bridies and I couldn't stand it when the birdies used to look at me :thumbsup: Pathetic isn't it :laugh:

Thats sad about Scoota, but funny about the birds. :thumbsup:

I love animals with fur only so dead birds don't fuss me (now I sound horrible :o ).

This time 3 years ago I entered Scoota in his first retrieving trial. At the State Agility Champs he jumped up to get a teddybear I was holding and his back legs collapsed and he has been "injured" ever since. To be honest knowing what I know now he would have broken down very early on and I am not sure he has the "drive" when the going gets tough.

Me I have an issue touching dead things - so I used to wear gloves when holding the bridies and I couldn't stand it when the birdies used to look at me :laugh: Pathetic isn't it :eek:

Novice results from the retrieving trial today.....

1st Ann with Trick - Black Lab

2nd Alan with Finn - Brother to Trick

3rd Sonja with Kaiser FCR

I hear the runs were fairly tough for novice - so well done :rofl:

Me I have an issue touching dead things - so I used to wear gloves when holding the bridies and I couldn't stand it when the birdies used to look at me :D Pathetic isn't it :laugh:

I want to try retrieving but I love birds, dont know how good I will be at seeing dead birds???

Oh totally different thing!!!! The retrieving people had a bit of a laugh at Ptolomy's expense with the latex gloves....it was funny though! Glad I don't have a retrieving dog...I don't touch dead birdies either!!!!

:laugh: Ptolomy at the needing to wear gloves when holding dead things but yet you have no issue handling assorted raw meaty items and having them loose in your pocket :D .

I will ring Zoe shortly as she was stewarding and get all the goss :D

Post the goss when you get it!!

What Labs were entered and from what litter?

VCBR, yes it looks VERY involved, even for Novice! And to get a NRD title you not only have to pass but WIN I think! Would so love to do it one day but for me to find the time I would have to give up obedience and agility and there is no way I am parting ways with obedience :laugh:

I hear the runs were fairly tough for novice - so well done :D

Ignore my previous post, I obviously didn't read far enough :D

Are Trick and Finn from Maggie's litter? The same litter that Jillie is from? Jillie was so cute the other night, she was just in a daze and as I'm walking up, her gaze fixates on me and then her eyes lit up as if to say "oh boy!! I know you! And you're coming to pat me!" :rofl: Gotta love Labs :D

ETA: Way to go Trick!!! :laugh:

Edited by RubyStar

I hear the runs were fairly tough for novice - so well done :D

Ignore my previous post, I obviously didn't read far enough :rofl:

Are Trick and Finn from Maggie's litter? The same litter that Jillie is from? Jillie was so cute the other night, she was just in a daze and as I'm walking up, her gaze fixates on me and then her eyes lit up as if to say "oh boy!! I know you! And you're coming to pat me!" :D Gotta love Labs ;)

ETA: Way to go Trick!!! :D

There were 4 of Maggie's lab litter competing yesterday at retrieving and yes they finished 1st and 2nd. Glory the mum also made one of the finals at the agility states too - and I think finished 3rd or 4th - which is a great effort and looks good on the CV :laugh:

Edited by Ptolomy