Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

oh shame about there being no shows, i was hoping to knock that last of my assignment on the head

If anyone is at the royal on the wednesday between 9 and 12 come find me in the tent near the industry accredited dog trainers stand

lecturer has asked some of us to help out for the morning so two of my friends and i have volunteered ahaha

it looks like my sister may be looking into a yellow lab (from a good recommendation :laugh:) She has changed her mind because my 3 year old nephew likes that colour better ahhaha

what breeds do you need rach I have uberdoodles photos of dogs from Col at every show! lol

oh shame about there being no shows, i was hoping to knock that last of my assignment on the head

If anyone is at the royal on the wednesday between 9 and 12 come find me in the tent near the industry accredited dog trainers stand

lecturer has asked some of us to help out for the morning so two of my friends and i have volunteered ahaha

it looks like my sister may be looking into a yellow lab (from a good recommendation :laugh:) She has changed her mind because my 3 year old nephew likes that colour better ahhaha

what breeds do you need rach I have uberdoodles photos of dogs from Col at every show! lol

Cute baby mirawee :) I like the cross too, makes a good horse!!

I have just had an exhausting weekend at a bazillion dog shows........................I am soooooo knackered!

I had a lovely time tho, although I didnt get to catch up with any DOLers apart from WX, who just happened to be sitting with her two gorgeous pooches very close to where we were camped :rofl: . So I got Naca hugs, and feel very lucky! Thanks J!

I saw some lovely dogs, including some south aussie ridgies, cute as buttons 14 week old basenjis and some nice little kelpies....Now after a three hour drive I just want to sleep.

Sorry I missed you!! :( I was on the lookout for a blonde and a redhead today but didn't see anyone that fitted the description and had no idea where/who you would be sitting with...

Will you be at Hound Day at the Royal?

Buzz had a lovely weekend; Baby in Show yesterday at the Sighthound show (not quite by default; the only other baby was another Whippet - Whipitgood's new little one Georgie :rofl: - got some lovely comments from the judge though who was quite taken with him so that was nice!) and was in the last two for Baby in Show today - the judge ran us and a Beagle and the Beagle got it. Not to mention I won the raffle at the Sighthound show yesterday! :o:rofl:

Not going to Geraldton so next show for us is the Royal, which will be Buzz's last show in Baby! :(

Well done Mas on Mason's wins! Mirawee, Gaz is adorable :rofl: Ptolomy - :eek: :D Has your heart resumed it's regular rhythm yet? I hate snake season :( ST, did you show Charlie at the Working Dog Show today? Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! :o

ETA: Welcome home Lincoln! :D

Thats ok PD, I did have a browse for some DOLers, saw Emery in the ring with Kelari but that was it!! When it comes to searching for people at shows it seems Im not much good at it! And everyone seems so busy and distracted I hate to distract them :D ...

I will be at the Royal on hound day, looking forward to seeing my favourite RRs again!! I will try and track you down that day!!

and you didn't come say hi??? How rude :p rofl i was there to five with my two kids would of loved the distraction lol.well now you know who i am you will have t sayhi next time :(

;) Yeh Im sorry..............I did a couple of walk-bys, looking for you. But other than in the ring, I couldnt find you!! Too many people too many dogs........There will be a next time :)

giggles i was sitting under the trees behind the gazebos relaxing that way my children were away from the ring. :) there will be a nexttime

GR - how long til puppy now?!?!

Weird dream last night, I dreamt I was also getting one of those puppies from your litter, GR :rofl: No idea how or why that happened when a Goldie is not on my list :rofl: But he was full of spunk, I remember that! And I was having a bugger of a time trying to think of a name. Think I went with Rocco in the end :confused::confused:

T minus 18 days :confused:

They say when you dream about a birth or a baby that something new is going to happen in your life ..... might be a new job or a new hobby or maybe it WILL be a new puppy??!!

Or it may just be a new challenge heading your way. :rofl:

GR - how long til puppy now?!?!

Weird dream last night, I dreamt I was also getting one of those puppies from your litter, GR :( No idea how or why that happened when a Goldie is not on my list :p But he was full of spunk, I remember that! And I was having a bugger of a time trying to think of a name. Think I went with Rocco in the end :confused::rofl:

It's funny not long after the snake i found a scorpion in my bathroom - i was so not impressed!!

Seriously? I have to worry about scorpions as well :(

Mirawee your foal is beautiful :rofl: and GR how cute is your new boy :rofl:

Congratulations to Mason as well :confused:

Louis sniffed a Mastiff's butt at the park yesterday :confused:

It's funny not long after the snake i found a scorpion in my bathroom - i was so not impressed!!

Seriously? I have to worry about scorpions as well :)

Mirawee your foal is beautiful :rofl: and GR how cute is your new boy :p

Congratulations to Mason as well :confused:

Louis sniffed a Mastiff's butt at the park yesterday :confused:

Well done Louis!! A lot will be how relaxed you are at the other end of the leash so well done to you too! :rofl:

Well, I have been here for many mnay moons and I don;t think I have ever known we had scorpions here. All I ever worry about arre snakes and Huntsman spiders - the ones the size of a dinner plate - and they jump :p

Have you seen any of those yet CC? ( :( )

Just saw this on thewest.com.au - surely she didnt get her show dog form a pet shop?

Breeder laps up dog competition

Dog breeder Margaret Fairbairn is preparing for her 38th dog show at the Royal Show, washing, trimming and walking her beloved pooches and hoping to take home a blue ribbon or two.

Ms Fairbairn, 68, has been breeding Australian terriers since 1972 and is preparing seven of her 24 dogs for the competition.

"You take care of your dog first, then yourself," she said. "You have to take tons of stuff with you to the show; the dogs, their trolleys, grooming kits, the kitchen sink."

The Southern River resident was hooked on breeding after buying a pet shop puppy.

"I thought the dog was wonderful so I put it in the show ring with help from people," she said.

"I had no idea what I was doing, but it won a blue ribbon."

Ms Fairbairn said she was the only Australian terrier breeder in WA and had chosen that breed because although the dogs were not glamorous, they were "lovely".

"I like a dog to be a dog and they are. They're a show dog second and a pet and a mate first," she said.

Placed in groups based on age and type, the dogs are judged on their teeth, coat, gait and how they sit.

Well done Louis!! A lot will be how relaxed you are at the other end of the leash so well done to you too! :confused:

Well, I have been here for many mnay moons and I don;t think I have ever known we had scorpions here. All I ever worry about arre snakes and Huntsman spiders - the ones the size of a dinner plate - and they jump :rofl:

Have you seen any of those yet CC? ( :rofl: )

See I'm keen to see a huntsman in the flesh as I've never seen a spider that large, I'm not too freaked out by spiders and Huntmen are harmless right :confused: Do they really jump? And I had snakes as a kid so they don't scare me, but I will be keeping a very healthy distance from any that I see out here :p

We met the mastiff as we were getting back to the car at Riverside, she came bounding up to us along with another similar sized dog and Louis understandable wasn't happy to start with. The owner got her on a lead and then we were chatting for ages (the mastiff was a rescue who had been stabbed in both sides :() gorgeous dog and so sweet. Anyway Louis relaxed as we were chatting and was brave enough to sniff her butt a couple of times, and she was really laid back so it was a good experience for him :p

Just of there again now, I'm sure that's where the mozzies are getting me, but it's worth it as the dogs enjoy it there :)

I am very happy to be back home with Lincoln. Just FYI for evryone a dog and crate combo weighing in at 53 kilos costs $190 to freight! :confused:

It's so nice having my happy dog back around the house and he is sooooooo huge! That crate I brought that was waaaaaaaaaay to big is probably going to be the right size :confused: He is such a dork and I can't believe I survived so long without him! :rofl:

Huntsmans are harmless, but they can and do bite. Usually you just have a large, sore, red itchy spot with two distinct fangs marks, but the shield variety can give you nausea and blinding headaches for a day or two.

How does she know this you ask????? I have been bitten by huntsmans 3 times! Once on the foot twice on the neck.

Yes they jump, and they are hairy!

Good to hear Lincoln is home :confused:

Just saw this on thewest.com.au - surely she didnt get her show dog form a pet shop?

:confused: Looks like she did! :confused:

Well it said she has been breeding since the 70's so maybe you could buy them from petshops then??? I have seen a Rotti with papers bought from a petshop around 15 years ago.

New photos of Linc sounds like a good plan to me too :thumbsup: So hurry up vCBR ;)

Huntmans are really cute when they have 1000s of little babies crawling all over them :laugh: I do not like redback spideys at all though :o In fact they are the only type of spider I kill!