Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I havent done a lot of the heeling part but I have done the feet on something for backend awareness :rofl:

Interesting the feet on brick exercise for backend awareness. I started Stands with Strauss yesterday and every time I went to stand in front of him he started moving his back end towards me - hmm houston I think I have created a problem :rofl:

Kind of similar problem here, I can't stand in front of my girls and ask them to rotate facing me because they are intent on rotating their backend anti-clockwise to get back to heel position and move with me ;)

I'm figuring out my training roster for next year :laugh: Mondays - Obedience at K9, Tuesdays - Agility ACWA but if I come for obedience on Mondays I won't be able to take Banjo to Eden Hill for agility and I was going to do the puppy agility with Bear at ACWA so now I'm not sure if I should do ACWA with Banjo and miss the puppy classes with Bear ;) decisions, decisions :rofl: .

'Tis the problem when you have multiple dogs that you want to do classes with :rofl: Tuesdays at ACWA is the only class I do and I really want to put Millie back in classes, but don't want to forego Ruby's classes either. I need two of me!

Edited by RubyStar

*WARNING VENT*

my 8 year old cousin got bitten by a rotti (not mine the dog in question is just an extension of what his owner lacks)

she has a big bruise on her leg and her pjs got torn.

owner told ranger cousin ran dogs foot over hence it is justified :S

ranger told cousins mum to let my cousin make friends with the dog and he isn't pursuing it any further.

Am seeking advice to see if it can be taken further as cousin was just walking on path and the owner after being spoken too didn't even apologise and refuses to muzzle.

no dog should attack a child unprovoked and get a second chance and as its my breed involved i am even madder

(almost want to go take the rotti and give it some training) the owner doesn't deserve him

Oka vent over.

Sorry to hear this emery!! Hopefully Jacqi makes it back online sometime, I think she's fairly cluey on council stuff and may be able to help!

I got bailed up by 2 aggressive dogs and bitten by one of them just walking up the street, on the opposite side of the road to where these vicious beasts were unattended in their front yard. Ranger only issued a warning :rofl: It happened in my own street and I have to pass this house twice a day as it's on the way to the train station, and I have to tell you, my heart races each time I walk past this house. I have also seen these dogs outside unleashed on 2 other occasions. One time was when I was walking past again! The owner opened the front door, the 2 dogs raced out barking obviously heading in my direction (I was too scared to look!) and the woman luckily has good voice control over her dogs as she growled at them to come back. I am just disgraced that this woman knows her dogs are aggressive (dog warning sign on her letterbox and also having bitten me) but still insists on letting them outside. I want that woman to be fined severely so she'll think twice about being so irresponsible and causing anxiety in innocent people having to walk past their house ;)

Hope your cousin is ok! Poor thing, I really know how he must be feeling :rofl:

just shared in the bully topic but will share here. Our new addition to our family BeaBea after a 500 odd km round trip. She is seattling in well. If you want to read her history pop into the bull terrier breed thread I dont want to flood post with the same info some might get annoyed. So hopefully she likes Bolt as she just super with Chelsea and loves everyone. If she doesnt get along with Bolt well my mother in law will take her home.

73981_115787728484465_100001597144730_107586_5855522_n.jpg

39589_115799351816636_100001597144730_107668_5179144_n.jpg

Puppy clucky after watching this :rofl:

Uh oh, do I wanna watch? :o

Yes :rofl: It's not a breed you would have :rofl: I could you tube up Aussie pups though or Tollers

Naww cute puppy, I do like the breed, but you're right, not a breed I am likely to have. Aussie, Beagle or ES pups, though ;)

Labrador pups do it for me the most :laugh: :D :D Having Lab puppy cuddles in a couple of weeks! ;)

Edited by RubyStar

vCBR a day with my bitey puppy would cure you of your puppy cluckyness :rofl:

He's actually been really good, sleeping well at night, credit to RSG with the toilet training he's not had one accident in the house :rofl: , but now he's more settled his crazy spells are lasting longer and Banjo is joining in ;) . It's so cute to see Banjo bounding around like a puppy though, I can't remember him really playing as a pup and he doesn't play with dogs he doesn't know so it's cute to see him play, it's funny how he was scared of Bear at first :laugh: .

Oh my gawwwwd :rofl:

I wish English Setters were more "drivey", I'd seriously consider one as my next dog over the Aussie. An ES is soooo going to be my "when I'm retired or win lotto" dog, as the laid back ES adults will be great then but would bore me a little at the moment! :rofl: I like full on dogs, like the Labs ;)

Edited by RubyStar

Emery that is wrong!!! I would take matters further - not sure how you would go about this though...

I know i agree. I have told my cousin's mum to take it further.

ranger told cousins mum to let my cousin make friends with the dog and he isn't pursuing it any further.

WTF :rofl: ;) Do police get involved in things like that over here, as in the UK, or is it all dealt with by the rangers?

I am not sure i am sure if there had of been blood involved they'd get involved.

Sorry to hear this emery!! Hopefully Jacqi makes it back online sometime, I think she's fairly cluey on council stuff and may be able to help!

I got bailed up by 2 aggressive dogs and bitten by one of them just walking up the street, on the opposite side of the road to where these vicious beasts were unattended in their front yard. Ranger only issued a warning :laugh: It happened in my own street and I have to pass this house twice a day as it's on the way to the train station, and I have to tell you, my heart races each time I walk past this house. I have also seen these dogs outside unleashed on 2 other occasions. One time was when I was walking past again! The owner opened the front door, the 2 dogs raced out barking obviously heading in my direction (I was too scared to look!) and the woman luckily has good voice control over her dogs as she growled at them to come back. I am just disgraced that this woman knows her dogs are aggressive (dog warning sign on her letterbox and also having bitten me) but still insists on letting them outside. I want that woman to be fined severely so she'll think twice about being so irresponsible and causing anxiety in innocent people having to walk past their house :D

Hope your cousin is ok! Poor thing, I really know how he must be feeling :rofl:

I actually pmed jacqi lol. great minds :D

I know it makes it so hard as she lives next door ihave offered my babies so she doesn't develop a fear of the breed.

I just hope we can get it sorted even if it is declared dangerous.

on another sad note lost another female puppy tonight it just started fading then it passed away. Fly free lil angel join your sisters and romp freely