Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

That's no good about the fires :rofl: Hope you aren't too close, emery!

If anyone wants to join us, a few of us are doing Zumba tonight at K9. It's at 7.15pm in the members lounge upstairs. Bring your membership card apparently and it's $10 :D

I have been going for the past 4 weeks, its sooo much fun...

Is it a big turnout? I am worried... I am so uncoordinated!!

As for the toys, I hope someone down river manages to get it out :cry: It is littering and most lively ends up in the ocean to the detriment of our marine animals (a pet peeve of mine :rofl:) Once accidently might be unavoidable but repeated lost toys is a bit wrong :( When a friend and I used to go play with our dogs in the Swan River I made sure I was wearing clothes that I could jump in and retrieve the toys when the dogs decided they couldn't :)

I don't take toys with me to the river. If the dogs leave them, I don't want to go in and get them and I don't want to lose them either! So they stay at home :D The only time I take toys is to the beach, I take their Kong Wubbas that float, so if they don't retrieve it, I can go in and get it myself :( But Millie is my new keen water retriever, who woulda thunk it - not me!! This dog hates water :)

As for the toys, I hope someone down river manages to get it out :( It is littering and most lively ends up in the ocean to the detriment of our marine animals (a pet peeve of mine :rofl:) Once accidently might be unavoidable but repeated lost toys is a bit wrong :( When a friend and I used to go play with our dogs in the Swan River I made sure I was wearing clothes that I could jump in and retrieve the toys when the dogs decided they couldn't :)

I don't take toys with me to the river. If the dogs leave them, I don't want to go in and get them and I don't want to lose them either! So they stay at home :D The only time I take toys is to the beach, I take their Kong Wubbas that float, so if they don't retrieve it, I can go in and get it myself :( But Millie is my new keen water retriever, who woulda thunk it - not me!! This dog hates water :)

lol i mostly lose balls after zeus has punctured them and they sink :cry:

mirawee I think this is only the second toy I've lost in the river, both times because Sophie wasn't there :D , I did think about going in after the toy today but the water was deep and I had long pants on and I wasn't about to strip off :rofl: . I didn't even throw it that far but Buster pushed it out trying to pick it up then he wouldn't swim out to get it, the boys are banned from toys in the river :) .

I didn't even throw it that far but Buster pushed it out trying to pick it up then he wouldn't swim out to get it, the boys are banned from toys in the river :( .

I ended up retrieving the ball a fair bit until we figured out what distance my friend's dog would go in to get it :) He wasn't the most confident swimmer so had a point when he would turn around and head to shallower water :) And my girl who is the water baby isn't a retriever! She would swim out to the ball but not bring it back :( Have just heard that the dog I am talking about was given his wings yesterday at the age of 17yo :cry: RIP Jake :rofl: He was the dog who got me hooked on agility as Tracey would let me do the Open classes (when Open was what Excellent is now except Masters dogs could compete) with him and she competed him in Masters. We won quite a few rosettes together although mainly for 2nd with just a couple of 1sts :D

If anyone wants to join us, a few of us are doing Zumba tonight at K9. It's at 7.15pm in the members lounge upstairs. Bring your membership card apparently and it's $10 :rofl:

I have been going for the past 4 weeks, its sooo much fun...

Is it a big turnout? I am worried... I am so uncoordinated!!

there is usually about 10 or so people, its a good laugh, we all laugh at each other, and they say laughter is good, so if you dont get any benefit from the excercise at least you feel good inside LOL

I've never lost one toy at the beach or river :( (Which is probably lucky since the small isqueaks would probably fit snugly in a dolphin's blowhole :( :D )

I've lost bazillions in the back yard though :rofl: And a few get thrown over the fence :) (by both me and Kyzer :cry: )

Ooooh zumba sounds like laughing yoga :)

Was thinking of heading home for my lunch break to put the furry kids inside, as Im just off Talbot Road off Toodyay Road, within 5-10 minutes where they have people on alert.

Hubby works off Farrell Road, and said the smoke isnt that bad... so not going to stress.

The kids did get their clamshell filled with water this morning, and an extra water bucket put out... I sook them soo much

Between the thieving rotty from nextdoor (who comes over, steals toys and shoes then sneaks home) and the basement that balls roll into never to be found again I loose so many toys. :rofl:

Yesterday I had a really bad reaction to antibiotics and had to be rushed home from work and today I am still feeling groggy. :D So I haven't been keeping up with the WA thread.

Was thinking of heading home for my lunch break to put the furry kids inside, as Im just off Talbot Road off Toodyay Road, within 5-10 minutes where they have people on alert.

Hubby works off Farrell Road, and said the smoke isnt that bad... so not going to stress.

The kids did get their clamshell filled with water this morning, and an extra water bucket put out... I sook them soo much

I have heard it is toodyay road but not sure exactly what part. :S

Hope your dogs will be ok

Between the thieving rotty from nextdoor (who comes over, steals toys and shoes then sneaks home) and the basement that balls roll into never to be found again I loose so many toys. :rofl:

Yesterday I had a really bad reaction to antibiotics and had to be rushed home from work and today I am still feeling groggy. :D So I haven't been keeping up with the WA thread.

Scary valley hope you feel better soon

It is near Red Hill (Pechey Road and Taaffe Road are the ones who have been told to evacuate)... so the National Park area there. Firies were getting set up when we drove past our way to work this morning :D https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/alerts/Page...spx?ItemId=1096

vCBR, bugger about reacting to anitbiotics :rofl: Hope you feel better soon.

Its not tooo close yet, will be keeping an eye on the news reports tho...

https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/alerts/Page...spx?ItemId=1095

Fingers crossed its under control soon.