Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My car isn't all that practical, though. Sure it's big and the back seats fold flat, but I would like more boot room while the seats remain up. A station wagon like yours would have been better suited to me for the dogs. I like the Hyundai i-30's, in the station wagon. But I prefer mine for me, if that makes sense!

My car had extra seats in the back... they have been removed to give me more space for dog and horse stuff :p

mild wet winter lol. i still don't reckon we get the humidity like they do. but it has changed over time :p that i agree and there is more than a few years ago. Love my air con in summer :rofl:

Oops, meant summer :) Have changed it up top ;)

Tick tock, tick tock . I've been watching the clock all day :p

47 minutes to he is due to land and knowing perth airport another 30-40 to get him to the terminal. It is a lovely day today not too hot either :p

Just speaking to my breeder. Chandra's milk isn't coming in and the vet is there now can everyone please keep her and the litter in your thoughts and pray or fingers crossed the milk comes in

Bugger Emery :p I have heard giving a bitch fenugreek (a herb) helps encourage milk production! I think there are a few on the breeders forum who recommend it so it would be a good place to ask.

Just speaking to my breeder. Chandra's milk isn't coming in and the vet is there now can everyone please keep her and the litter in your thoughts and pray or fingers crossed the milk comes in

Bugger Emery :p I have heard giving a bitch fenugreek (a herb) helps encourage milk production! I think there are a few on the breeders forum who recommend it so it would be a good place to ask.

thanks might have to head there after i speak to her. i know she said the vet has some herbs so may be the same now i got to wait for breeder to come back online. Its so hard being on the opposite coast.

Wishful thinking!!! :eek: We also don't get the sea breeze up in the Hills...by the time it gets here its a pathetic puff of hot air!! Love a good Easterly on a summer's night!!!

I'm already thankful for the pool :p I'm ok actually, but Daisy tends to get quite hot, so it's more for her than me, but as 36 is predicted this week surely this is getting close to summer temps :p :)

The problem with summer is not the daytime temps so much (mid 30s are usual with spikes up to low 40s and very occasional days in the low 30s :rofl: ) rather it is the fact that it doesn't cool down much overnight (low 20s for night time temps) and you have days on end of heat :rofl:

Emery, it used to be true that WA didn't get the humidity, but over recent years that seems to have changed :D

Apparently though we are going to have a mild wet summer ;) Of course we were also meant to have a wet winter... and a wet spring.... ;)

Hmmm RS - dog 3 will probably come with dog 1 is retired permanently (oh and I get a job and find a place to live :p ).

Ptolomy tells me its unlikely I'll branch out from another B+W but hmmm dunno yet :p :rofl: ;) .

Oh I know the problem well!!! I always wanted built in crates and shelves and stuff but that's no good if you want to keep it as a car with room for people! sigh

Not a huge one, besides the fact that I can't open the windows without a snow storm of Lab hair flying around!!! And I have to unpack everything if I want to take more than 1 passenger...
....and the problem with that is??????
I got my new car and it turned into a dogmobile. Lab hair everywhere, crates, training props, water bowls, poo bags, you name it. It's not a people mover anymore!!!

I only got this car this year so I'll have to wait at least 3 years before I get a new one, unless I win lotto :p . I definitely want one without carpet in the back next time. I want a ute or 4wd with a canopy, I like the holden crewmans.

Everything crossed for her emery. Hopefully it'll all be ok.

Oh I know the problem well!!! I always wanted built in crates and shelves and stuff but that's no good if you want to keep it as a car with room for people! sigh

Me too, I would really like a permanent crate set up in the back, you know those custom ones built into the car, and shelves under it too. But not likely in my car! I still need it to cart large items and a crate scenario would mean I can't do that! Even though I transport the dogs every day while I transport large items like once a year! Maybe one day but in a station wagon type car I think. The Tucson isn't really suited IMO for the custom crate thing as well as I'd like.

I only got this car this year so I'll have to wait at least 3 years before I get a new one, unless I win lotto :p . I definitely want one without carpet in the back next time. I want a ute or 4wd with a canopy, I like the holden crewmans.

Ah yep I'd change the carpet too, it's the worst carpet in the world for dog hair!

:p but then it wouldn't be a toller mobile if you had it Tiggy it would be a staffie mobile :p .

So how many minutes until you leave to collect Pea - are you counting LOL.

Edited by ness

Powdered milk made up together with an egg yolk or two and a good splash of calcium sandoz or the troy syrup ( they are the same ).

Give the above mixture first and then continue with the mix, less the eggs four times a day. You can add nutrigel to the mix as well.

Fresh chicken wings if the bitch will eat them or necks, as many as she'll eat in a day.

She needs to be fully hydrated and fed as much raw food as she'll eat. The raw is digested quicker than any commercial foods.

Loved our crewman but a naughty tree jumped in front of it sigh

Powdered milk made up together with an egg yolk or two and a good splash of calcium sandoz or the troy syrup ( they are the same ).

Give the above mixture first and then continue with the mix, less the eggs four times a day. You can add nutrigel to the mix as well.

Fresh chicken wings if the bitch will eat them or necks, as many as she'll eat in a day.

She needs to be fully hydrated and fed as much raw food as she'll eat. The raw is digested quicker than any commercial foods.

Thankyou RSG I will pass this information on much appreciated. and thankyou everyone else for the well wishes.

Well Pea should be in perth airspace now :p