Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

The fire, which is believed to have been deliberately lit, has burnt through approximately 250ha.

:rofl: :D :):)

Since it started in the middle of a National Park where there is no access to powerlines or anything else to produce sparks and you are not allowed to light fires for camping purposes it is a pretty good assumption that it is a deliberately lit fire :cry:

ETA: I hope no DOLers are near the big fire in Swan View/Jane Brook :rofl: This is way too early in the year to start getting worried by fires! 130ha of John Forrest National Park has burnt and it is now heading towards houses. Poor wildlife in the Park :)

I saw a load of smoke in the distance - not good :)

Yesterday I had a really bad reaction to antibiotics and had to be rushed home from work and today I am still feeling groggy. :D So I haven't been keeping up with the WA thread.

eek, hope you feel better soon :cry:

The other thing that just occurred to me is that this fire is in an area that undergoes regular controlled burns and in fact would have been done in the last 2 years! (Was originally sure it was within the last year but now I am doubting myself :lol:) So the fuel load should not be that high yet it is still difficult to control :rofl: Although maybe that is why it seems to be moving reasonably slowly.

I have heard it is toodyay road but not sure exactly what part. :S

Hope your dogs will be ok

It is near Red Hill (Pechey Road and Taaffe Road are the ones who have been told to evacuate)... so the National Park area there. Firies were getting set up when we drove past our way to work this morning :D https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/alerts/Page...spx?ItemId=1096

vCBR, bugger about reacting to anitbiotics :rofl: Hope you feel better soon.

Where is that in relation to you Mirrawee? If you need any assistance let us know.

Between the thieving rotty from nextdoor (who comes over, steals toys and shoes then sneaks home) and the basement that balls roll into never to be found again I loose so many toys. :rofl:

Yesterday I had a really bad reaction to antibiotics and had to be rushed home from work and today I am still feeling groggy. :D So I haven't been keeping up with the WA thread.

valley CBR hope your feeling better soon.

My first thought whenever I see smoke in the general direction of home is sh..t, did I leave the iron on or something on the stove. Once was out shopping and had been for a while when I remembered that I had put some chick peas on the stove to cook, left my shopping trolley in the middle of the shop and bolted for home. Got myself really upset as was conviced that the dogs were going to burn up becaused of me be absentminded. Luckily just a smelly, smoky house and a ruined pot, but took me a while to settle down and go back for the shopping. :confused:

does anyone know if there is a clipperworld in perth?

And also is there somewhere is perth you can buy grooming tables? I actually found what i wanted at bunnings but the only problem is the height, its not tall enough.

Edited by ncarter

Where is that in relation to you Mirrawee? If you need any assistance let us know.

Long way from us and heading in the wrong direction. I just have to drive past it to get home.

does anyone know if there is a clipperworld in perth?

And also is there somewhere is perth you can buy grooming tables? I actually found what i wanted at bunnings but the only problem is the height, its not tall enough.

I don't think there is a Clipperworld in Perth but there are plenty of other clipper places or places to send blades for sharpening.

We bought our grooming table from the dog shop at the Dogswest grounds. They have lots of different heights and sizes although I can't find them listed on their website. http://members.iinet.net.au/~wasps/

After looking in the rare colours thread I might have a change of breed ;) I am in love with the red long haired GSD on there :( Pity it can't be a show dog :laugh:

Tiggy, I love all the Bear photos :)

As for the toys, I hope someone down river manages to get it out :rofl: It is littering and most lively ends up in the ocean to the detriment of our marine animals (a pet peeve of mine :confused:) Once accidently might be unavoidable but repeated lost toys is a bit wrong :rofl: When a friend and I used to go play with our dogs in the Swan River I made sure I was wearing clothes that I could jump in and retrieve the toys when the dogs decided they couldn't :laugh:

ETA: I hope no DOLers are near the big fire in Swan View/Jane Brook :rofl: This is way too early in the year to start getting worried by fires! 130ha of John Forrest National Park has burnt and it is now heading towards houses. Poor wildlife in the Park :rofl:

Yes I also worry about the pollution which is why I no longer take toys to river, we only take toys to the beach of one of us is in bathers.

The fire looks bad from Ellenbrook, I can see a lot of smoke etc and at hubbys work in Forrestfield.

Between the thieving rotty from nextdoor (who comes over, steals toys and shoes then sneaks home) and the basement that balls roll into never to be found again I loose so many toys. :confused:

Yesterday I had a really bad reaction to antibiotics and had to be rushed home from work and today I am still feeling groggy. :laugh: So I haven't been keeping up with the WA thread.

Poor you Valley, I HATE reactions to antibiotics, I am allergic to a whole group of them and when I took them and had a reaction i almost landed in hospital and only felt right about a month after - so take it easy and dont exert yourself in the next couple of weeks :laugh:

I am not going to be on DOL so much these days as my course material came, so I am going to be quite busy as its a lot of practical photography work.

I don't think there is a Clipperworld in Perth but there are plenty of other clipper places or places to send blades for sharpening.

We bought our grooming table from the dog shop at the Dogswest grounds. They have lots of different heights and sizes although I can't find them listed on their website. http://members.iinet.net.au/~wasps/

Thanks for that, i will have to go have a look. How much are the tables roughly? Too much bending over is killing my back.

Fire is nearest to emery and Roxi'n'Hemi so fingers crossed for them. :confused:

It looks pretty damn awful. I am glad I am home cause I would be stressing if I had been at work.

Eeek, dont tell me that.... Josh did pop home to check on the kidlets and said they are fine...

Im in Kalamunda... and havent been outside all day, Im sure I will be able to see it on my drive home...

I am sure you will be fine RnH, all of Swan View has to burn down first. :confused:

That was my thoughts too... but when you look at the vic bushfires and how quickly it spreads, it still makes you worry... Fires are just so darn unpredictable...

it is miles away really, took a pic and will post on FB