Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Was driving home last night on Roe Hwy, about to turn onto Toodyay Road and could see the flames coming down the hill :laugh: it looked very daunting

I have family that are evacuated and still cant go home yet in the Roleystone / Kelmscott

On a good note, Hemi and I are starting obedience training tonight!!! Hooray

Whipit's house is still standing, amazingly though, pergola, garden shed and pool all burnt. The pictures are scarey. It was that close it is unbelievable. The neighbours were not so lucky :laugh:

Edited by OSoSwift

Whipit's house is still standing, amazingly though, pergola, garden shed and pool all burnt. The pictures are scarey. It was that close it is unbelievable. The neighbours were not so lucky :laugh:

oh how terrible but glad her house is still standing so sorry for her neighbours

If you want to look at alerts to find out the current information FESA is releasing go here: https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/alerts/Pages/Alerts.aspx

ETA: A quick summary is that all fire aside from Roleystone and Brigadoon are either contained or controlled (or both LOL) but people in the areas (Ferndale, Jarrahdale, Upper Chittering and Coorow) should still remain vigiliant because of the wind. Roleystone and Brigadoon fires are neither contained nor controlled :laugh:

Edited by mirawee

Are the fires still going? :laugh:

The Brigadoon fire is still going too. It seems to have gone up to the quarry atm although other streets were put on alert again.

yeah its still not under control :) my friend has gone home but is still on high alert to be evacuated again.

Oh my God. Just got back from the evac centre in Armadale, dropped off supplies & dog, cat & bird food, as well as bowls, litter trays, collapsible crates etc. SO MANY people, and lots of dogs...

Most people I spoke to are hoping to keep their four-legged friends with them at the moment, can't say I blame them. It's just so utterly overwhelming there at the moment, I can't really describe it :laugh:

Wish I could help more, going to pick up Whipitgood's two girls shortly and will bring them here till they get sorted, happy to have more if anyone is is need... my mobile no is 0403 866 741 (number is on my website etc so not worried about posting it here :))

Hoping everyone's friends and family stay safe, and that no more property is lost...

Oh my God. Just got back from the evac centre in Armadale, dropped off supplies & dog, cat & bird food, as well as bowls, litter trays, collapsible crates etc. SO MANY people, and lots of dogs...

Most people I spoke to are hoping to keep their four-legged friends with them at the moment, can't say I blame them. It's just so utterly overwhelming there at the moment, I can't really describe it :)

Wish I could help more, going to pick up Whipitgood's two girls shortly and will bring them here till they get sorted, happy to have more if anyone is is need... my mobile no is 0403 866 741 (number is on my website etc so not worried about posting it here :laugh: )

Hoping everyone's friends and family stay safe, and that no more property is lost...

BIG pat on the back to you :laugh:

Where is the evac centre and what sort of things can the dogs in particular use as I may have some things I can drop down there.