Youtubing Dolers

Okay this was at a trial this morning at which the princess pip was all but wearing her tiara. I know its not the best heel work seen here but I was using every trick I know to keep her attention and some focus and yet stay short of double commands.

Pip is 5, hates dumbell work (dumbells dont have feathers LOL) and this is only her second time out in Open. She got her CD over 3 years ago and it took me 12 months to get her to even hold a dumbell let alone fetch it. So to me to have her there at all is something of a triumph. I must also keep reminding myself she is not my other girl Coco who has taken all my time for the last couple of years.

And no we didnt qualie as 4 minutes and 40 seconds into the long down she got up moved away from the big shepherd who was eyeballing her and was almost close enough to touch and laid down again 3 paces away. :) I think she may be a challenge.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay this was at a trial this morning at which the princess pip was all but wearing her tiara. I know its not the best heel work seen here but I was using every trick I know to keep her attention and some focus and yet stay short of double commands.

Pip is 5, hates dumbell work (dumbells dont have feathers LOL) and this is only her second time out in Open. She got her CD over 3 years ago and it took me 12 months to get her to even hold a dumbell let alone fetch it. So to me to have her there at all is something of a triumph. I must also keep reminding myself she is not my other girl Coco who has taken all my time for the last couple of years.

And no we didnt qualie as 4 minutes and 40 seconds into the long down she got up moved away from the big shepherd who was eyeballing her and was almost close enough to touch and laid down again 3 paces away. :o I think she may be a challenge.

Your judge sure liked giving you a helluva lot of slow and fast pace! I think you got less normal pace in that!

Sorry to hear about her breaking the down stay, but I think they should get extra points if they remove themselves from a scary situation and put themselves back into the down stay :vomit:

I'll agree with that!!! Jedi's last trial before he went on allergy respite I thought we did HORRIBLY... He was sooo itchy he decided to scratch WHILE heeling (yep - parts of it were done 3-legged :laugh:) Of course to me it felt like Jedi was off in his own little world, but to my surprise when I saw the video he wasn't as bad as I thought! Apparently we even passed the heelwork section but we withdrew after that!

I'll agree with that!!! Jedi's last trial before he went on allergy respite I thought we did HORRIBLY... He was sooo itchy he decided to scratch WHILE heeling (yep - parts of it were done 3-legged :laugh: ) Of course to me it felt like Jedi was off in his own little world, but to my surprise when I saw the video he wasn't as bad as I thought! Apparently we even passed the heelwork section but we withdrew after that!

By watching your videos, I'm suprised you don't have your CCD yet despite any itchies.

Thanks guys. Why does it always feel worse when your doing it than it actually looks?
They always do kathq - sometimes having them videoed is the only reason you can appreciate how nicely they have worked :laugh: .

I've often come away thinking that was utter crap work, then watched it and went OMG, that was actually pretty good! :(:rofl:

I have added 2 Lexi clips from tonight - Lexi is a very very very novice UD training, work in progress dog :laugh: who does everything at a zillion miles an hour, but who is just as likely will shut down at the start post

Edited by Ptolomy

Lexi looks great :o . Who's dogs were making all that noise :laugh::laugh: .

NOT Mine :D :doh:

Lexi has drive that I have not seen in a toller before and she is the only one of mine who would perform better for an i-squeak than she would for food. Unfortunately, I have not done the work with her like I have with the others, so the finness is missing, or should I say its a work in progress :D

:laugh: Ptolomy - I am regretting not having stocked up on the small i-squeaks with my last clean run shopping - Kenz loves them :laugh: . I was out doing some 2o/2o contact work with her and had taken out a handful of food to use as a reward. Er yeah sure mum I would give Kenz a bit of food and she would store it in her mouth waiting for the toy reward and then nearly choked herself with the food :o .

:laugh: Ptolomy - I am regretting not having stocked up on the small i-squeaks with my last clean run shopping - Kenz loves them :laugh: . I was out doing some 2o/2o contact work with her and had taken out a handful of food to use as a reward. Er yeah sure mum I would give Kenz a bit of food and she would store it in her mouth waiting for the toy reward and then nearly choked herself with the food :o .

I just had a look 20 small i-squeaks comes to $59 and postage is $37.20 which means each small i-squeak ball would cost $4.81 and I assume this is US$. I guess thats not that bad. I am just wondering how many more I can order before going into the next postage bracket?

:laugh: well if you are ordering let me know :o . Kenz was raiding the larger ones off my desk earlier but they aren't so practical for training.

ETA.

25 is $37 shipping

30 is $42 shipping

40 is $42 shipping

Edited by ness