Photos From Puppy Buyers

pure_breed

Its pretty hard to get it right isnt it? some people come here complaining because the breeder isnt interested enough and they dont contact them.

Just be honest and tell the breeder what you think - maybe a little more nicely than you have here- and then maybe she can explain to you herself how she feels and apologise to you for making you feel upset about it.

I love photos from my puppy buyers and Im just as interested when they are old as what I am when they are young.

Its also really important for breeders to get updates about their dogs and see photos to know what they may need to change in their breeding programs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well from a breeders perspective. I just received the lovliest email from someone I rehomed an adult dog to. Just to let me know how much they love her and how well she has adapted into their family and how if I ever wanted her back there is no way I could have her because they love her so much. Also they added a few photos, she looks healthy & happy.

I don't know about others, but it makes all the sleepless nights looking after mum & puppies after birth and all the heartache when things do occasionally not turn out like we would like them to, worthwhile.

A simple email & photos if possible is all it takes to put me at ease and make me see finding good homes for my babies is worth it!

:laugh::) am shocked you cant find the time to email a piccy or two , my puppies have recently left home and i have a puppy owner like you and am upset that they havent been in touch to let me know how she is getting on now the other two have let me have piccys and phoned one lady i chat to everyday on facebook just send one quick email it wont take you more than a few mintues

Oh boy, hope she isn't talking about me :laugh: I sold a pup about 6 months ago and recently emailed the woman and asked how the puppy was doing and if she could possibly send me a pic or two. I love getting updates and all those cute pics of puppies and older dogs that have left home here. As someone said, some buyers do, some don't.

Well from a breeders perspective. I just received the lovliest email from someone I rehomed an adult dog to. Just to let me know how much they love her and how well she has adapted into their family and how if I ever wanted her back there is no way I could have her because they love her so much. Also they added a few photos, she looks healthy & happy.

I don't know about others, but it makes all the sleepless nights looking after mum & puppies after birth and all the heartache when things do occasionally not turn out like we would like them to, worthwhile.

A simple email & photos if possible is all it takes to put me at ease and make me see finding good homes for my babies is worth it!

Yes that sums up my feelings too :rofl: Doesn't take much to let us know all is well. I let two adult sisters go years ago to a wonderful couple. They have kept in touch and one of the girls died not long ago. They have taken another of my girls now and I know she is in a loving home. That makes the decision so much easier. They have just popped in this morning to drop off some Christmas pressies.

http://www.beanara.co.uk/apps/photos/photo?photoid=62880894

I tell my puppy buyers that I love the cute photos but also like the stacked shots to get a better idea of how they turned out. The above link it to a photo I recieved this week, not bad for a first time stack by a pet owner! To give them the idea of what to do, I stack the dog and get them to take a photo before they take the pup. They also sent a lovely email telling me how she has settled in with their other dog. Shame the breeder of the OPs dog is missing this.

I have just recently added a nine month old German Shepherd to my family and kept in regular touch with the breeder and shared too many photos. I think this is important for both the breeder and the puppy purchaser. This way the breeder see the puppy in question and any problems they are there for you. I have also bought another puppy several years ago from a Mini Foxie Club Of Australia breeder made contact several times but they were not interested in her progress at all. Even dropped in one day and just got one comment oh she is like her mum. Needless to say I have given up on them. But my shepherd's breeder she has been wonderful. I think it is only fair that photos are sent back to the breeder even if you only do it once or twice. It does not take that long and personally I would prefer to have the back up of the breeder than just go off on my own. Having said that though I would not want the breeder to be a right pain either. It is give and take.

If I was the breeder, I too would be asking for photos of the pup. By the sounds of it, this person is showing the pup so I would have thought they would be in touch with the breeder letting them know how the pup was going attending shows and any wins they may have had.

I have noticed that they have not been back to the thread since they first posted? Is this because they didn't get the answer they were hoping for? All it takes is a few minutes to sit down, say hi, fred is doing well, enjoys going to shows and we are having some success. Attached is a photo. Regards blahblah blah.

Nothing real hard about it :crossfingers:

It's up to the buyer whether s/he wants contact with the breeder or not.

But what a pity to cut off your very best source of information, the one person who knows the most about the lines, and probably the one person who will always be on your side. And you also cut off a vast source of knowledge about the breed.