Kangaroo Tail

LeeJane

Hi All,

I bought some roo tails from the pet store to give it to my AmStaff (14 months old). She is chomping the bone as well, I am afraid she will get choked?

Is it safe to let her have the whole tail? or shall i strip the meat out?

But if i do that, then what's the fun for her?

thanks

Our SBT pup has been getting roo tails from 12 weeks of age, he's now 5 months and up until now he strips all the meat off the bone and won't actually eat the bone. It might be a different story now that he has finished teething.

We feed our Staffords roo tails at least 3 days a week. They eat the lot. The babies go through a stage where they just strip the meat while they teeth and after that they eat the lot too.

Mine don't have whole tails as they are more than enough to feed three dogs a meal. I chop them into three or four pieces with the axe.

We feed our Staffords roo tails at least 3 days a week. They eat the lot. The babies go through a stage where they just strip the meat while they teeth and after that they eat the lot too.

Mine don't have whole tails as they are more than enough to feed three dogs a meal. I chop them into three or four pieces with the axe.

I don't give mine the whole tail either :laugh: . I meant whole as in a whole piece not cut in half and big enough the dog has to chew it :) . I saw mine into pieces while they are frozen.

I saw mine into pieces while they are frozen.

I tried doing that and made a complete mess of the kitchen and my fingers nearly froze! My local butcher where i buy my other meat happily cuts them for me even though i didn't purchase the roo from him. :laugh:

I don't give mine the whole tail either :) . I meant whole as in a whole piece not cut in half and big enough the dog has to chew it :D . I saw mine into pieces while they are frozen.

I'm sure some of my little piggies would happily take on the whole tail :laugh:

About a 6 inch piece feeds a Stafford for a day.

I feed raw roo tails as well. The meat and the bone gets eaten.

Hey Erny can you please tell me where you get yours from?

I used to get ours from South Melbourne markets but she doesnt stock them any more

Petbarn stock frozen roo tails, sheeps necks and some other difficult to find cuts of meat at reasonable prices with date stamps on them too... i pay $3 for a 1kg of roo tail.

I tried doing that and made a complete mess of the kitchen and my fingers nearly froze! My local butcher where i buy my other meat happily cuts them for me even though i didn't purchase the roo from him. :laugh:

I leave mine frozen in a plastic shopping bag and take to them with the axe, I'm suprised I still have all of my toes, I was a bit wild and inaccurate in the early days :)

I tried doing that and made a complete mess of the kitchen and my fingers nearly froze! My local butcher where i buy my other meat happily cuts them for me even though i didn't purchase the roo from him. :)

I leave mine frozen in a plastic shopping bag and take to them with the axe, I'm suprised I still have all of my toes, I was a bit wild and inaccurate in the early days :)

Oh dear, I have visions of a scene reminiscent of a B-grade horror movie :rofl:

Now I really appreciate that my roo spines/tail pieces come fresh, bagged and cut into managable 4 inch blocks!