Where To Get A Collapsible Steel Crate Cheap?

luffy4688

Oh glad I saw this thread. I'm in the same boat. I had already checked out vebo, great prices, but the freight to rural tassie is almost as much as the crate itself.

The DD ones are slightly cheaper in price and probably quality but only $15 postage.

Has anyone bought the XLarge DD crate? Is it really useless or okay?

I would prefer the vebo one but that frieght cost is a killer!

here's a link to a mob that have reasonable postage as in australia post (they were the only ones that would freight rural to me. tis a tad big for leo and he's a really big dally.

http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/XXL-Met...83cm-p14745.htm

$89.00 + 17 for postage

thanks to ellzs. oh and it came to the beach with us. it gets folded up about 4x times a week. so lots more than the average crate.

here's a link to a mob that have reasonable postage as in australia post (they were the only ones that would freight rural to me. tis a tad big for leo and he's a really big dally.

$89.00 + 17 for postage

thanks to ellzs. oh and it came to the beach with us. it gets folded up about 4x times a week. so lots more than the average crate.

Brilliant! Thanks VC. I just went there and added it to the cart then calculated postage to my remote bit of Tassie - just $21!!!

I can't thank you enough for that!

Nice price on the large dog bed too. :thumbsup:

the thanks is really ellz's as she found this lot for me. due to the postage issues that you also seem to have truck companies like to only deliver to town. round here things tend to fall off the truck in that case never to be seen again. :thumbsup:

at this stage for a doggie bed leo is slumming it in an old doona from a motel where i worked. complete with cover.

i have my eye on a flash water proof one. made by some folks from bega. it is swade type fabric, it only takes 5min to dry even if hosed off. cost $40.00 they will make to a specific size so the crate floor is not an issue. :thumbsup: so long as it falls in aprox there size they will charge no extra... always a plus.

i'm also gunna get an elcheapo blue tarp and make a rain cover so when we go out with horses if it rains over night leo will stay dry.

$89.00 + 17 for postage

Brilliant! Thanks VC. I just went there and added it to the cart then calculated postage to my remote bit of Tassie - just $21!!!

I can't thank you enough for that!

Nice price on the large dog bed too. :thumbsup:

I bought a soft crate from Top Buy (the same as the ones that Vebo Pet sell but for less than half the price!) about 6 months ago and their service was fantastic, postage to rural SA took under a week.

They sometimes have deals on free postage as well (you can google for a code) so keep an eye out for that too if you ever need to buy anything else from there :thumbsup:

the thanks is really ellz's as she found this lot for me. due to the postage issues that you also seem to have truck companies like to only deliver to town. round here things tend to fall off the truck in that case never to be seen again. :thumbsup:

at this stage for a doggie bed leo is slumming it in an old doona from a motel where i worked. complete with cover.

i have my eye on a flash water proof one. made by some folks from bega. it is swade type fabric, it only takes 5min to dry even if hosed off. cost $40.00 they will make to a specific size so the crate floor is not an issue. :thumbsup: so long as it falls in aprox there size they will charge no extra... always a plus.

i'm also gunna get an elcheapo blue tarp and make a rain cover so when we go out with horses if it rains over night leo will stay dry.

$40 isn't bad for that!!

I can't get anything delivered to my town. They drop things off in a nearby town on the main East Coast road - fortunately the local IGA is happy to act as a drop off point. But it's only a 20 min drive to go pick things up.

I did once have furniture delivered and to get it to my door they actually sent it up with the beer delivery truck hahahaha Same with the Dell computer I bought :thumbsup:

A rain cover is a good idea!

I bought a soft crate from Top Buy (the same as the ones that Vebo Pet sell but for less than half the price!) about 6 months ago and their service was fantastic, postage to rural SA took under a week.

They sometimes have deals on free postage as well (you can google for a code) so keep an eye out for that too if you ever need to buy anything else from there :thumbsup:

Oh that's great! I havent finalised the purchase yet so I'll do a quick search. :thumbsup: THanks hee hee