Umbrella Carry Bags

Hi gazebo's are fine if you have room to transport them and if you have a band of helpers to put one up, the good ole umby is totally transportable and you can put them up by your self and hammer your trusty stake into the ground, all done in a few minutes pull down is equally easy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi gazebo's are fine if you have room to transport them and if you have a band of helpers to put one up, the good ole umby is totally transportable and you can put them up by your self and hammer your trusty stake into the ground, all done in a few minutes pull down is equally easy.

I have a gazebo too, which is fine when I go to a trial with a friend but if I'm by myself an umbrella is quicker and easy :cry:

Edited by gsdog2

gsdog, yeh, I agree, if I a, not going to be there all day and if I am on my own I tend to go for just the umbrella.

tommyspazz, these are a couple of photos of my Umbrella Carry Bag. I had not put anything up originally, anddid not mention that I had one, as I don't want this to look like an advertisement. I am simply after guaging genuine possible interest in this type of product. So far I would say that it may not be a plausible concept??

I have only had enough made for myself and one other, so am still considering whether to go ahead with adding these to my range, and hence why I am trying to guage interest in this sort of product. Still undecided at this stage.

I appreciate your input guys, ta.

post-27202-1262940739_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1262940746_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyzney

Looks like a really good bag :D Have you decided on prices? Looks like it could be adapted to hold obedience jumps and posts in there.

gsdog, yeh, I agree, if I a, not going to be there all day and if I am on my own I tend to go for just the umbrella.

tommyspazz, these are a couple of photos of my Umbrella Carry Bag. I had not put anything up originally, anddid not mention that I had one, as I don't want this to look like an advertisement. I am simply after guaging genuine possible interest in this type of product. So far I would say that it may not be a plausible concept??

I have only had enough made for myself and one other, so am still considering whether to go ahead with adding these to my range, and hence why I am trying to guage interest in this sort of product. Still undecided at this stage.

I appreciate your input guys, ta.

At this stage the dimensions are: Length: 1500mm Width: 500mm Depth: 180mm, so plenty of room. The fabric is 1000Denier, so very tough. I see no reason it would not carry 25kg or more, so jumps should not be a problem.

The price will be $29.95 plus postage..... if I go ahead. Flat rate Aust wide Regular Postage 11.95 I think :D

So, am noticing more people interested now.

Out of curiosity, for those wishing to carry jumps, what would the bag dimensions need to be please? And what would the end weight be approx?

Edited by dyzney

oooh yes please I'd love some to carry my jumps too. My jump bars are 1.2m or thereabouts so I guess something around that would work for jumps. I think standard is 1.5m though.

Edited by ness

I'd love one for my Ud gear as the old foldup chair bag doesn't quite do the job! I would probably need it just slightly longer than that as each side of my box is 1.55 metres and the longest part of my jumps is 1.5 metres although with the ample depth on the current bag I could probably get it all in there. How proffessional would we all look with our equipment in one of these bags!!!? :(

You're on to something. As an umbrella bag maybe not but as a gear bag for jumps and boxes and god only knows what else I think you could be on a winner. Any chance of embroidery on those too?

Can anyone else sense their bank accounts cringing in horror? :(

oooh yes please I'd love some to carry my jumps too. My jump bars are 1.2m or thereabouts so I guess something around that would work for jumps. I think standard is 1.5m though.

Thanks for those details ness. I could always extend the bag by another 100 - 150mm to include the people wishing to carry jumps.

I'd love one for my Ud gear as the old foldup chair bag doesn't quite do the job! I would probably need it just slightly longer than that as each side of my box is 1.55 metres and the longest part of my jumps is 1.5 metres although with the ample depth on the current bag I could probably get it all in there. How proffessional would we all look with our equipment in one of these bags!!!? :(

also great feedback with your dimensions Seita. wil take that into account with decision making.

;)

I don't use my umbrellas much anymore, but have an Oztrail compact gazebo (one person put up in a minute and fits in small spaces when folded !)

the trouble is, I have a shopping bag for the walls and roof (although mostly at the end of a show weekend I just fold it down with the roof on !)

the bag they come with doesn't fit them in easily folded down without some post show pilates or yoga !!! and with roof & ropes still on - no hope !!! and too be honest - the bags never last very long !

I love the idea of a heavy duty bag large enough to chuck in the folded gazebo. with big roomy pocket / compartment for the walls, pegs ect.

maybe you could also put this in the show section, I only saw this thread because of the title appearing on the froum page.

fifi

You're on to something. As an umbrella bag maybe not but as a gear bag for jumps and boxes and god only knows what else I think you could be on a winner. Any chance of embroidery on those too?

Can anyone else sense their bank accounts cringing in horror? ;)

Absolutely Natsu chan. well, I have always liked gto have all my gear bagged up, but then I am a neat freak. :(

I already offer embroidery on my crates, so naturally would do the same for the Carry Bags. :laugh:

If you made them as sold them as an "Equipment bag" I think they would go quite well. You could include exampels of use and state large and strong enough to carry an umbrella, stake or obedience and agility equipment.

I don't use my umbrellas much anymore, but have an Oztrail compact gazebo (one person put up in a minute and fits in small spaces when folded !)

the trouble is, I have a shopping bag for the walls and roof (although mostly at the end of a show weekend I just fold it down with the roof on !)

the bag they come with doesn't fit them in easily folded down without some post show pilates or yoga !!! and with roof & ropes still on - no hope !!! and too be honest - the bags never last very long !

I love the idea of a heavy duty bag large enough to chuck in the folded gazebo. with big roomy pocket / compartment for the walls, pegs ect.

maybe you could also put this in the show section, I only saw this thread because of the title appearing on the froum page.

fifi

Thanks fifi.

The thing with the type of bag you are describing is they already sell these in most sports and camping stores and the like. they are readily available already, and with my type of business, it is all about finding a niche.

When we bought our gazebo, the guy in the store gave us a very heavy duty bag for free that fits all the walls and roof into, including pockets for pegs etc. So, we were very lucky, but I understand totally what you mean.

I almost put it in the show secion, but thought most showies (me included) would just say they use a gazebo. From my experience, it seems to be more umbrellas are set up at obedience traisl than at shows??? I attend both. I have some great feedback now, so I think perhaps I don't need to worry about adding another thread, and I know some people get annoyed when OPs double up.

Well guys, thanks for all this wonderful feedback. Looks like I may go ahead with this venture. If so, I will PM you all when they arrive to see if you would like one, and then eventually they will be up on my website and in my ebay store. for you guys that offered constructive info for me I will do you a discount.

Edited by dyzney