2010 Brags Thread

We had an even better night last night.

Xena started with her last run in Novice having got her title the night before. 16 seconds was all it took - SCT was 36!

Then we had a fun time with CK in Excellent jumpers, but again he suffered at the hands of me........

Gamblers was OK, but a bit messy for both puppies. Both Qualified though.

Then CK had a really good run in open jumping. He got a bit caught up on the weave entry, but for him it was really good that he kept going instead of stopping.

Xena eliminated on that one, but again I missed a potential problem when I walked the course and because she is running so fast at the moment we ended up missing a jump.

Still all in all a good night/weekend. Xena got her JD Friday night and GD last night. Today they get a well earned rest (even if they are not impressed about it!.)

ETA - Rivsky, yes, having a good run I guess, but it is only because we are back running simple courses. The REAL upside is that last time I was running novice courses I really had no clue what I was doing. Going back and being able to do them again so to speak is really helping with my confidence (I'm just pushing as hard as I can and seeing what we can and can't do) and our relationship is improving out of sight. All this is actually helping on the trickier Open and Advanced ADAA courses. :thumbsup:

Edited by Agility Dogs

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats everyone...

Like your vids AD...

Croydon Agility Trial yesterday...

No passes but some good runs and only one disaster!

His first run in Excellent jumping...missed time by 0.85s. It was a tough course and I was very happy to make it around without getting lost! 2nd place.

A 3rd in Novice Agility, only his 2nd run in Agility. A refusual when I rear crossed his weave entry. Something to work on.

The disaster...

"414 you can enter the ring"

Barkly decides now would be a good time to have a poo.

I stall, wait for him to finish, bag it and enter the ring.

Put him on the start line and head out for a big leadout.

Half way to my lead-out point, he starts to wander around the first jump. I decide to just release him and he runs around the first jump. I decide to continue anyway. 2 jumps and a tunnel in, he stops, and has a stretch and a yawn....

Doh.

I thanks the judge and leave the ring.

"Luke, Luke...you forgot your..."

Doh. Poo bag.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Luke W

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Jedi got his first novice pass!!!!!! 189/200

AND!!!!

FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

Not a steroid in sight!

Woo Hoo what an effort gees this time last year you didn't think you would ever get him in the trial ring. Top effort Terranik + Jedi :thumbsup::hug:

Agility dogs you are having a terrific run at the moment - well done - now tell me the secret how come you got to go back and run novice courses :)

TSD - do you think giving the kids a rest helps???

Congratulations, what a successful weekend it has been for the DOL crew!

AgilityDogs - Well done!!! I saw quite a few of your runs last night and was once again blown away by your smooth handling and speedy dogs. :thumbsup:

Luke - Well done!!! I didn't realise you were out of JD already, Yay!!! :hug: I used to get those sort of starts from Lomani once she had done a couple of runs for the day. Another cocker spaniel handler gave me the idea of using chicken necks to motivate her as they really are the centre of her universe. I have done it over the last few weeks and in that time have really upped our quallie rate, speed and motivation. I just show her the chicken neck before we go out to run, put it back in the esky and she strains to get to the ring as she knows if she runs fast she'll get it when we get back.

We have had a great trialling weekend. We trialled Friday night and came home with a Q and first place in excellent agility. :):( Knocked the second last bar in our JDM run but it was a great, fast and fun run so who cares :D . Went back for day 2 yesterday and in the past Lomani has always been atrocious on the second day in a row trialling. But with the aid of the good ol' chicken necks I got 3 fast runs out of her!!! Came home with a JDO Q, novice gamblers Q (got our title last weekend but I was happy to get another Q as I didn't think she deserved one of the previous ones so now I'm happy that she has 3 Q's she deserved) and just one refusal in JDM caused by my poor positioning.

Congratulations, what a successful weekend it has been for the DOL crew!

AgilityDogs - Well done!!! I saw quite a few of your runs last night and was once again blown away by your smooth handling and speedy dogs. :thumbsup:

Luke - Well done!!! I didn't realise you were out of JD already, Yay!!! :hug: I used to get those sort of starts from Lomani once she had done a couple of runs for the day. Another cocker spaniel handler gave me the idea of using chicken necks to motivate her as they really are the centre of her universe. I have done it over the last few weeks and in that time have really upped our quallie rate, speed and motivation. I just show her the chicken neck before we go out to run, put it back in the esky and she strains to get to the ring as she knows if she runs fast she'll get it when we get back.

We have had a great trialling weekend. We trialled Friday night and came home with a Q and first place in excellent agility. :):( Knocked the second last bar in our JDM run but it was a great, fast and fun run so who cares :D . Went back for day 2 yesterday and in the past Lomani has always been atrocious on the second day in a row trialling. But with the aid of the good ol' chicken necks I got 3 fast runs out of her!!! Came home with a JDO Q, novice gamblers Q (got our title last weekend but I was happy to get another Q as I didn't think she deserved one of the previous ones so now I'm happy that she has 3 Q's she deserved) and just one refusal in JDM caused by my poor positioning.

Thanks for the tips...

I'll have to take an esky full of chicken frames to the next trial ;) (he gulps chicken necks!)

Congrats on your cocker achievements! Go cockers!

Agility dogs you are having a terrific run at the moment - well done - now tell me the secret how come you got to go back and run novice courses :laugh:

LOL. Don't run ANKC, get a Masters Australian Agility Dog title with ADAA and then start doing ANKC events. Bit like when the ANKC masters dogs come and play in starters with ADAA. I've learned heaps by doing it - fortunately it doesn't last that long! Both puppies will have all their Novice titles in a couple more trials. Excellence is still simple enough to be fun, but a bit more of a challenge. The goal there will be to run them fast as well!

Congratulations TerraNik and Jedi :laugh: What a great effort!!!

TSD - do you think giving the kids a rest helps???

There is no doubt it does - but remember that my life work ( :) ) when training a Dally revolves around giving him a rest. This is why I really enjoy training him in multiple disciplines (and at more advanced levels than we compete) as it is not so much about a rest full stop but a rest from the same training. When I have a private agility lesson, my wonderful instructor (who runs BCs) trusts my judgement so that Zig spends about 70% of the class time sniffing and peeing and relaxing and enjoying himself whilst I run various course set ups and learn how to handle in various scenarios. Then Zig comes in and only needs to practice once or twice before he is released to do what he wants to. Invariably he nails it because I have mastered the body language already and he is as keen as mustard. The other bonus is that he's learned a really strong on/off switch so although his off switch is VERY strong I can snap him out of it pretty quickly. In terms of trialling, it would have to be a very attractive comp to have me entering 2 weekends in a row at the moment, let alone 2 days in a row!!! He throws himself into the day - he stays awake the whole time and was even restless and fidgety at presentations yesterday unlike the majority of dogs who were asleep. Today he has completely crashed. In obedience, he only has 2 Novice passes - I think we have entered 3 so far - had one disaster trial (which turned out to be a seriously stressed handler issue....think buying/moving/renovating house and doing a PhD) - but I have been very cautious about not bombarding him all at once. The best way to stuff him up is to do an obedience ring run through the week before - he's over it by the trial. I'm going to do a ring through shortly but it will be an experiment and nothing like a Novice run through. I suspect he will love it. There's not many local agility trials on over the next few weeks so we might have a few private agility lessons to tweak some things and hunt out an obedience trial to get that last leg. Then we'll continue pottering along with Open (rather than pushing for it) while I throw him back in the show ring.

It was also a cool crisp day in Melbourne yesterday (half the course was hidden by fog and I could barely get his collar off for his first run, my hands were so cold :rofl: ), which suits him to a tee, as long as he is rugged up in his Smart Coat until the last minute.

Sorry - probably a lot longer answer than you expected :o:)

AgilityDogs - Well done!!! I saw quite a few of your runs last night and was once again blown away by your smooth handling and speedy dogs. :laugh:

:o You were running really well too! What I saw was all really good. Can't wait to see that new puppy run!

Xena has always been a rat bag and run fast - quite a challenge to learn with I have to say. CK on the other hand has only just found his border collieness. If he had been my first dog I don't think I would still be doing agility. :rofl:

Can't make the Ekka unfortunately - ADCQ have a double header on the same weekend and I should really be there. Not to worry, maybe next year.

Congratulations again Agility Dogs and must be great for you having things all falling into place now too :laugh:

Woohoo TerraNik and Jedi what a fantastic result - so when's the next trial :o

Nice work Nicole too being able to string two good days of trialling in a row together :rofl:

Jess got her CD title today!!!!! :rofl::laugh:

Heelwork wasn't the best and her brain fell out at one stage and just stopped, but then she came back to life for the rest of the trial :o

184 and 3rd :)

Woohoo TerraNik and Jedi what a fantastic result - so when's the next trial :)

It was supposed to be in 2 weeks but my friend's bub is having his christening and so I'm ditching the trial for that. Next one after that is on June 20.

Heelwork wasn't the best and her brain fell out at one stage and just stopped, but then she came back to life for the rest of the trial :)

184 and 3rd :)

Congratulations!!!!!!! :o

Heelwork wasn't the best and her brain fell out at one stage and just stopped, but then she came back to life for the rest of the trial :(

184 and 3rd :D

:o:)CONGRATULATIONS!! :) :)

:laugh: Wow congrats to the many and commiserations to the few - as appropriate.

My little brag is that we spent a beautiful sunny (though cold) day down here at a tracking workshop - using a pine forest near the airport. Lots of dogs and handlers trying the sport out, which was fun - did a lot of tracklaying of baby tracks.

Late in the day got a chance to do a couple of little tracks with the little big man. Now Rory hasn't done any tracking since winter last year, and then it was only about 30 metres on grass, with a target at the end (my track). So today, we were in pine forest, with fallen branches and sags, a longer track, laid by a person he's only met a few times - and he nailed it :rofl: - nice intensity, concentrated hard, found articles (not that he had a chance not to as we were making sure he was on track - but really didn't have to control it much) and was excited to find the tracklayer. Then did even better on the second track.

I'm really pleased with what he showed - and inspired to get training again with both of them. Kirra had a couple of blind start but hot tracks - the first one was a bit chaotic - she was right OTT, but later in the pine forest, she did some nice work. Still a bit erratic - but super keen - so now I have to fit some more tracking training into the schedule. Sigh!!! :o