2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had heaps of fun at our ADAA trial last night.

CK went really well all night, no cards, but that was just the weaver thing - other than that he was brilliant and having a ball. This was his gamblers run - He even jumped over the contact on the DW once - that is a good thing for him! :D Means he's driving.

Xena had a great night. First in open agility, third in Advanced agility - both with a card. And third in Open jumping with just one fault - I pushed really hard on a rear cross weave pole entry and she didn't quite understand - something to work on!

This is her advanced run.

Lol AD I got soooo excited once when Brock did that! Sure everyone thought I was crazy.

Looking good :D

I just figure I can fix the contact thing easier than I can fix the speed thing. He isn't a 'serious' Agility Dog as such so we just have as much fun as his brain allows him to have (and work on giving him permission to have more fun!).

As for quick.......they are awesome fun to run, but if I had my time over I would probably not choose a drivey BC to learn agility with - it has taken 3 years of really hard work to get to the point where I can actually run her! ;)

As for quick.......they are awesome fun to run, but if I had my time over I would probably not choose a drivey BC to learn agility with - it has taken 3 years of really hard work to get to the point where I can actually run her! :D

I think my Banjo will be a great dog for me to learn agility with but I better hurry up cause I think my pup is going to be a lot faster and crazier :D .

Edited by Tiggy

Poor Daisy is the first dog I've ever taught to anything more than sit/down/stay, she's one big learning curve and experiment :D

Yeah, but that's all the fun of it! Xena is my first dog and we only got into it because she is soooooooooo full on and needed an outlet for it.

Who would have known getting a running mate would have taken over my life - and ended my running career. :D

Poor Daisy is the first dog I've ever taught to anything more than sit/down/stay, she's one big learning curve and experiment :laugh:

Yeah, but that's all the fun of it! Xena is my first dog and we only got into it because she is soooooooooo full on and needed an outlet for it.

Who would have known getting a running mate would have taken over my life - and ended my running career. :laugh:

:rofl::eek::rofl:

Hmmm, these damn dogs can make us humans quite obsessive can't they?

Great results everyone and good fun watching your videos. Thanks for sharing. :laugh:

Poor Daisy is the first dog I've ever taught to anything more than sit/down/stay, she's one big learning curve and experiment :laugh:

Who would have known getting a running mate would have taken over my life - and ended my running career. :laugh:

PMSL AD!! Daisy wasn't even supposed to be my dog. She was bought to be mum's :laugh:

Go Kenz JD and ness - nice work :laugh: . And sounds like you had a good night AD.

It is amazing, isn't it, where our dogs lead us. I sometimes say to my little Kirra - what a journey you've led me on - to sheep work on a farm, agility, tracking and DWD - travelling to seminars and comps - and originally it was just going to be obedience and maybe agility.

My little brags for the day are - Rory did a down stay in class this morning :laugh: , did some nice work in a rally O round, and did some sequencing when we had a chance to join in the intermediate agility class - and did the DW. Hmmm - think I need to start doing some serious work with the boy and think about trialling him next year.

Congrats on Kenzie's JD, ness :) !!

Way to go AD and your pups!

No brag from me this weekend ...

Jess is currently searching for a new handler, as I made a total mess of her jumping run! And just missed out on a quallie in agility, one bloody knocked bar :'(

But this was the first trial I didn't have a feral dog in the ring, she was quite controlled, I just messed up :(

Poor Daisy is the first dog I've ever taught to anything more than sit/down/stay, she's one big learning curve and experiment :rofl:

I can top that, Ruby is the first dog I have ever taught anything to, including sit/down/stay! :eek: The poor girl has been my dog training experiment. Our toy breed dogs growing up were never even taught a formal sit :mad

Hang on I can top all of that Ness was bought to be my brothers dog and at the time we got her I was petrified of dogs :mad . She is the first dog I have had anything to do with and I wasn't even that keen on the idea of a dog when we got her :rofl: . Who would have thought that now eh :eek: .

And DSO I watched your JD run with Jess and it was a bugger about the BJ otherwise it was nicely handled. I know all to well about the 1 bloody bar issue that BCs seem to be plagued with. Fingers crossed for the next trial :).

Edited by ness

So ness, how did you get involved in dog sports with your brother's dog when you were initially scared of dogs? Did you get Ness as a pup and what age was she when you first started training her?

I know this is the brags thread, but I find it interesting how others got started in dogs :) For me, it was just this need in me to own a Lab one day and had this idea that we would go to obedience classes and maybe compete, even though I didn't even know what was involved in competing in obedience :eek: Now I'm trying every sport I can get my hands on and that a Lab is allowed to enter :mad I used to have other interests, but everything else has disappeared in my life because I spend my time training instead :)

To keep this on topic for brags, my tiny brag is I am a few sessions in on Millie's 2x2 weaving and today I broke out the 2 sets of poles at an angle and she was going through them working the arc :rofl:

To keep this on topic for brags, my tiny brag is I am a few sessions in on Millie's 2x2 weaving and today I broke out the 2 sets of poles at an angle and she was going through them working the arc :rofl:

...and Millie did nice heelwork today :eek:

My little brags for the day are - Rory did a down stay in class this morning :grouphug: , did some nice work in a rally O round, and did some sequencing when we had a chance to join in the intermediate agility class - and did the DW. Hmmm - think I need to start doing some serious work with the boy and think about trialling him next year.

Well done Rory! WOO HOO. Little sister Wikki says you'd better tell mum to hurry up or she will be in the agility ring before you!! :cry:

:) OK AD - you and Wiki shamed me into it. Did some stays with Rory (and Kirra) this evening - :laugh: all good - then got a few jumps out and did a few grids and a couple of other sequences with them - and some start line practice with Kirra :eek: .

Woah, I had to dig out the Brags thread from page 2! :rofl:

I have a brag, it's been a long time for me to have much to brag about :mad

Millie got her final Novice pass tonight for her CD title! Milliemoo CD :p

1st place with 193/200. So proud of my girl :)

I now have 2 dogs in Open :) Scary thought for a newish trialler, never thought I'd get there with one dog, let alone two :p :p